Profile for Ady1983 > Reviews

Content by Ady1983

Ady1983

The Karting Manual: The Complete Beginner's Guide to Competitive Kart Racing (Haynes Owners' Workshop Manuals)
by Jenson Button
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - fantastic book, concise and comprehensive, 8 Jun 2012
This book saved us during a recent 24hr event done in soaking conditions. a really interesting read for anyone looking to get into karting, I'm an absolute beginner but there also seems to be good advice for more advanced drivers/teams. it really goes into detail about actually running a team as well as the more basic things we needed like driving techniques.

the one minor criticism i would make is that if you're wanting to take it to the track as a reference guide a smaller paperback format would be good. then again the pictures are awesome and i suppose these would suffer in a paperback.

overall, great book highly recommended

Reviving British Manufacturing: Why? What? How?
Reviving British Manufacturing: Why? What? How?
by Alan Reece
Price: 3.61

1.0 out of 5 stars No Stars - mindless attack on financial services sector, 31 Oct 2011
This 'paper' appears to be someone with a grudge actually being published while venting their anger. I was really excited at the prospect of reading an informed analysis of the current state of British manufacturing and fresh thinking on how to revive the sector.

If you hate bankers there's plenty of rants online to satisfy your needs, don't waste your money on this. Apart from the initial disappointment that this is merely a pamphlet and not an actual book, or at least a substantial work, I was very annoyed with the one-sided rant which eclipsed hopes of an objective piece of writing. The author is clearly upset with the financial crisis, who isn't, but the opening attack shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what happened which for me undermined the credibility of the paper. The stance on 'Reviving British Manufacturing' is, as with all research, open to debate; I am not contesting the paper here as such. What I am doing is highlighting a servere misunderstanding of what he says is a root cause of the problem and venting my frustration at the fact I was charged the price of a book for a pamphlet.

Investment Banking: Valuation, Leveraged Buyouts, and Mergers and Acquisitions (Wiley Finance)
by Joseph R. Perella

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Exactly what I needed. Well written and thorough., 31 Oct 2011
The content is presented well and covers the areas in detail while maintaining a good flow.

I needed this to help with a potential transfer from the sales and trading side of IB to M&A/Lev Fin and hopefully to PE. The feedback I have received so far from practitioners is good and my preparation has centered mainly on this book. I therefore see it as a good buy for someone with no experience in the specific area; however, I can also see myself continuing to use it as a helpful reference point if I make the move and progress in the industry.

LUPO Plastic Mini USB Desk Fan with 360 Degree Rotation - BLACK
LUPO Plastic Mini USB Desk Fan with 360 Degree Rotation - BLACK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quiet little fan, 26 July 2011
This did the job for me, it is fairly weak but is what I wanted. If you're looking for something to blast air at you then this isn't it; however, if you want a very slight breeze and no noise then this is perfect.

I found the '360 degree rotation' comment in the description misleading as i expected it to oscillate which it doesn't, but for the price I am perfectly happy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2012 10:52 AM BST

Duronic HDC01 - 1m/((360)) - 1 Metre HDMI Goldspec (Version 1.4|3D| Latest Technology) High Speed HDMI Cable - Premium 24K Gold Plated 1080p HDMI to HDMI Tilt/Swivel Lead - 1 metres - Perfect for PS3 PLASMA LCD LED 3D HD TV Virgin Box SKY HD SKY+
Offered by DURONIC
Price: 79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - huge improvement on previous cable, 9 Nov 2010
Great product, the picture quality improved massively from using a standard cable. The build quality and cable casing/protection seem very robust.

I would definitely recommend the product but warn to be mindful of how short 1M really is.