Profile for Mr Edward McLuskie > Reviews

The Art Of Happiness At Work
The Art Of Happiness At Work
by The Dalai Lama

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing series., 15 Dec. 2013
Fantastic book! As was the first in this series, The Art of Happiness - A Handbook For Living. I would recommend this series of books to anyone. The benefits of what they teach are incalculable. Get a whole new outlook on the world and realise what really matters and what doesn't. A must read series!!

The Art of Happiness in a Troubled World
The Art of Happiness in a Troubled World
by The Dalai Lama

3.0 out of 5 stars A must read series, 15 Dec. 2013
Although I'm glad I bought & read this book, I felt that the first two books in this series were far more valuable. If you've read the first two and understand the message that they give, then I don't think that this book will teach you anything you don't already know. I don't feel that I really learned anything new from this book as all the points discussed in it were already covered, more or less, in the first two. This book tended to go into them in more detail from the scientific point of view and I felt that, on occasions, it laboured the point a little. For me, this made the book a little boring to read and I found myself switching off sometimes when trying to read it. Having said that, I think this series of books are the best and most valuable books I have ever read. Truly life changing in the most positive yet simple way.