Profile for B. S. Barker > Reviews

Content by B. S. Barker

B. S. Barker "brendanbe" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Luna Concert Ukulele High Tide Design with PreAmp
Luna Concert Ukulele High Tide Design with PreAmp

4.0 out of 5 stars The tide is high, 8 Sep 2014
Not had it long. Neck slightly narrower than my Puka concert and just took minor mental adjustment. Fret board seems a bit longer and possibility of playing more up in that region but I don't generally. Nice wood and finish and the mother of pearl inlay on the neck is a nice finish.Tuning keys seem a little bit 'dinky' in comparison and hopeful won't add to any tuning issues.
Plugged in it sounds pretty good. Small unit for Volume, bass and treble on the side. Used it at a gig and sounded fine to me.
Didn't make any adjustments to the sound to get it sounding good through a Roland Mobile AC amp.The only thing that lets it down is the bag which is a bit bog standard for a uke that's been made to this standard. Bit flimsy and thin. That's about my only complaint about it.
Nice uke

Oscar Schmidt OC11CE N Electro-Classical Guitar - Natural
Oscar Schmidt OC11CE N Electro-Classical Guitar - Natural

4.0 out of 5 stars 0C11CE N, 21 Aug 2014
Nice rich tone, Took a little while to settle in. There was a small buzz on the G but that has stopped now and I haven't had it set up properly. Have plugged it in and recorded some song in Garageband it it sound good to me. The neck is slightly wider than some acoustics and a child or someone with small hands may have a bit of trouble getting around the neck but it's fine for me. I wasn't too sure buying it because I've only hear about Oscar Schmidts but never played one and I have to say I'm very happy with it

Opus LMS02-PU Metal Folding and Adjustable Sheet Music Stand with Carry Bag - Purple

4.0 out of 5 stars stand, 21 Aug 2014
Bought it for a friend. They seemed more than happy with it and the bag that it came in

Meinl FJS2SBK Foot Jingle Shaker
Meinl FJS2SBK Foot Jingle Shaker
Offered by 1to1music

3.0 out of 5 stars There are 2 different types of these on the market ..., 21 Aug 2014
There are 2 different types of these on the market and I went for the slightly cheaper one.
First airing at an outside gig with our ukulele band I saw a silver disc come flying off and down the drain cover never to be retrieved.
The pins that hold the tambourine discs in place (?) are loose so that when you tap your foot ( which is the whole idea of this product) the pins work their way out of the plastic casing and the metal discs are free to go rolling off down drains.
Thankfully I had an old broken tambourine so I could extract some replacement discs from that to replace the 2 lost ones.
I then put some thick gaffer tape over the holes to stop the pins sliding out again.
If you do buy this, I suggest you either put some ties over the end of the pin holes or a biggish blob of glue to hold them in place.
I did e-mail the company to tell them about this big design fault in their product and they just said they'd look into it..but no offer of replacement discs or anything.
The elastic strap is quite short and has held up so far but would have trouble getting around a clumpy boot with thick soles.
Having had a go on the more expensive one I sort of wish I'd bought that one instead.

Puka Concert Ukulele Set (Rosette Series, Fire Phoenix Black)
Puka Concert Ukulele Set (Rosette Series, Fire Phoenix Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely uke, 21 Aug 2014
Really nice colour and finish..though it's probably just good transfers as most designed things are. There's a sort of tortoiseshell rim around the body and black fading to lighter tones around the sound hole.
Good carry bag that will provide enough protection and fits well.
Straight out of the box. Quick tune up and away you go. Tuning keys hold this in tune well
I've got a different one of these and have always been happy with it.
Good action, nice full tone without leaning too badly either way and easy to play.
Recommended

ART  SKYLINE Lace-Ups Unisex-Adult  black Schwarz (REGALIZ) Size: 10 (45 EU)
ART SKYLINE Lace-Ups Unisex-Adult black Schwarz (REGALIZ) Size: 10 (45 EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars cool, 14 Aug 2014
I've liked these shoes from afar and have seen them in shops but never took the plunge to get a pair.
These are pretty cool looking i( if you like that kind of stuff) and are certainly different to your average shoe.
Nice wide fit for my wide feet and quite comfortable. Chunky soles for good grip..but leaves some strange patterns on the carpet.
A sort of rough, hand made look to them with thick stitching.
Haven't had them long but hope they'll last a good time.
I'll update if they fall apart easily

Puka Rosette Series Set with Concert Ukulele, Hibiscus Red
Puka Rosette Series Set with Concert Ukulele, Hibiscus Red

4.0 out of 5 stars rosette, 28 Jun 2014
Lovely finish with a sort of worn in look and rosettes around the sound hole.
Nice action and after a little tuning played really well out of the box
Nice rich sound with clear ringing notes
Comes with a gig bag that has a small zipped pocket at the front for tuners and an adjustable strap for carrying
Nice piece of gear

3 Sets ColourDirect T040 & T041 Ink Cartridges for Epson Stylus C62, CX3200 Printer
Offered by Colour Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars ink, 28 Jun 2014
good price and good delivery. no boxes but who cares? I'm using the ink, not the boxes. The come in shrink wrap plastic seal bags
Only used the black so far and all seems to be ok.
Will update if, when I put the colour in , it doesn't work very well

LD Systems D 914 Pop Filter
LD Systems D 914 Pop Filter
Offered by Adrenaline Flight Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars pop shield, 28 Jun 2014
After using an embroidery circle with a pair of tights, my Missus bought this for me.
I did have one from Maplins but the arm was too short to be attached to the Mic stand and go in front of the Mic so 5 took it back.
This one fits the bill perfectly and does what it's meant to do i.e reduce the popping sound that you get from singing words with a 'P' in them and has enough bend and stretch on the arm to fix to stand and go a decent space in front of the Mic ( you don't want the shield too close to the Mic.
Job done.
I did manage to break the meshing ( my fault) and thankfully managed to replace it with another pair of tights stretched over the circle.
Good product

6 String Acoustic / Electric Guitar Capo Clamp (Trigger Style) - 6 Colours - BLACK
Offered by Lindo Guitars

3.0 out of 5 stars Capo, 4 Feb 2014
Not had it long. Seems to fit the purpose. I use it on my electric and acoustic without any problems.
Quite stiff to open which may ease with time..but I don't want it to become too loose.
Not too bad for the price if used with respect

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8