Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "baz_uk" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kindle Voyage 3G, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Adaptive Built-in Light, PagePress Sensors, Free 3G + Wi-Fi

4.0 out of 5 stars good but, my recommends dont work, 25 Feb. 2015
Very nice device, vastly improved over my old kindle KK. Some features could be improved such as 'my recommends' which seem to have nothing to do with what I like and for some reason are all German? The recommends on the amazon website work fine though, just not on Voyage, my old kindle KK also seemed to recommend fine. Hopefully this will get fixed at some point.

Burn for Me: A Hidden Legacy Novel
Burn for Me: A Hidden Legacy Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by the cheesy front cover, ..., 20 Nov. 2014
Don't be put off by the cheesy front cover, this is a really enjoyable and cleverly written book and is well worth reading.

TeckNet® C016 USB HD 720P Webcam, 5 MegaPixel, 5G Lens, USB Microphone & 6 LED
TeckNet® C016 USB HD 720P Webcam, 5 MegaPixel, 5G Lens, USB Microphone & 6 LED
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

4.0 out of 5 stars small and looked like it would do the job just fine, 14 Sept. 2014
I started an on-line web design course and to be able to see the other students to make the on-line classroom more 'sociable' I decided I should get a web cam as I was the only one without one :( I did a quick search on Amazon and read a few reviews. Sure enough I decided to get this one, it was cheap, small and looked like it would do the job just fine. When it arrived it was well packaged in a small box, nothing fancy, but had a small book and a small CD of drivers. Installation was a breeze, I simply plugged in the USB, installed the driver and done! Skype picked up the camera with no issues and I was soon having good quality face to face with the other students, I was very surprised how bright the front LED's were! In the evenings it was way too bright, but a simple wheel on the cord near the camera end made adjusting the brightness to my satisfaction. This helped illuminate my face to keep a clear non pix-elated picture, which would have happened in low light if there was no LEDs. Overall, nothing fancy, simple, but does exactly what you needed with good results. Further info, my system is Windows 7 64bit.

Daffodil HPC650 - 3D Walking Pedometer - Step Counter with Calorie Counter, Distance and Daily Progress Monitor - Black
Offered by Daffodil UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty, 27 Jun. 2014
Just a quick review. Was faulty from new. I could not set the time, instructions said to hold down 'mode' button for 3-5 seconds and then you could set time. I tried this but time set would not kick in. The button does work though as it cycles through modes just fine. Awayway, I took it to work and enjoyed an afternoon in the sun going around to visit clients. At the end of the day it had only recorded 200 steps....trust me that was wrong! As I cant set the time it resets at 12:00 midnight, which actually is 1:00 during the day, so no way to record days steps. Maybe I was just unlucky, but think the cheap price shot me in the foot this time. Sorry, rubbish product. No starts if I could.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2014 2:04 PM GMT

Third Time's a Charm (The Halloween LaVeau Series Book 3)
Third Time's a Charm (The Halloween LaVeau Series Book 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars Deja vu, 12 Oct. 2013
Bad people are after the book, Hallie accidentally reanimates a load of dead people who aren't what they seem, she can't decide between two gorgeous men and she's having difficulty with her magic......wait, haven't I read this storyline before? Oh yeah, like the last book in the series.
I've tried really hard to get into the story, but not only is it really, really similar to the previous one and so boring but the way it is written is so disorganised I am really confused. One moment Hallie's engaged in a desperate life or death situation........no, wait, then she stops to go to a garden fete. No idea why, I'm just lost, I'm giving up on this book 80% of the way through. I have too many more exciting things to do, like..er...watching dust motes settle to bother with the last 20%.

Jade (The Book of Deacon series)
Jade (The Book of Deacon series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant, 23 Jun. 2013
Really enjoyed this lovely little story and the trilogy that precedes it. I hope we hear lots more from this universe, especially about dragons.

Blood Politics (Blood Destiny Book 4)
Blood Politics (Blood Destiny Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars And the plot thickens....., 2 Jun. 2013
Another great instalment to the series, will poor Mack ever get a break? This book has set the scene for an over arching plot which may last some books. I'm looking forward to Mack discovering more about her draco wyr ancestry and hope we see more of Solus in subsequent books as among a tapestry of well developed and richly imagined characters he remains a little bit of a mystery.

The Blackwell Pages: 01 Loki's Wolves: Number 1 in series
The Blackwell Pages: 01 Loki's Wolves: Number 1 in series

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 12 May 2013
Not a bad read, I might read any subsequent books in the series if I get around to it. That being said, it is obviously aimed at a much younger audience then the Other world series and is no where near as fast paced or exciting, the plot and dialogue isn't as complex and well developed and the character's and as engaging, in fact reminds me overwhelmingly of the tv series "the Johnson's" but is a little less charming.

Bloodfire (Blood Destiny Book 1)
Bloodfire (Blood Destiny Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever read, 5 May 2013
I was pleasantly surprised that this was a fast paced and intelligent read, it absorbed my interest with the witty banter and the plethora of supernatural characters. The heroine and characters are likable, muti-dimensional and interesting and the storyline is unpredictable. What I liked best was the mystery involved in Mack's heritage.

Aliens: Colonial Marines: Limited Edition (PC DVD)
Aliens: Colonial Marines: Limited Edition (PC DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad and gets worse!, 15 Mar. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Just simply bad!!

I was really looking forward to this game, but it failed in just about every way on epic proportions!!

Im not going to waste time giving details, just read the various reviews here, they are all pretty accurate!

I would suggest maybe getting the new Tomb Raider, I have not played it yet, but from the looks of things its very good, nearly all reviews are giving it 4 to 5 stars, opposite to this game.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3