Profile for J A MCHUGH > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
All in the Mind
All in the Mind

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: All in the Mind (Kindle Edition)
This book was very sad, and made you think about not only the patients with mental illness but the people who treat them. We all forget that doctors are human too and can have a mental illness themselves.
Loved all the characters and the story moved at a good pace. Will read Alistair Campbell's other books, he is a very enjoyable writer.

The White Queen
The White Queen

5.0 out of 5 stars A GOOD WAY TO LEARN ABOUT HISTORY, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: The White Queen (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book so much, could not put it down. Philippa makes history sexy. Have learnt so much about the battle of the roses, and it was interesting to read about the beginning of the Tudor period. Can't wait to read about The Red Queen.

The Shoemaker's Wife
The Shoemaker's Wife

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic, 20 Aug 2013
A good read. A love story with a twist. The story of two Italian families and their lives in Italy and America before and after the 1st world war. Their working conditions and how immigrants were treated in America. The ups and downs of a young man and woman from childhood to old age.

Sunshine on Scotland Street (44 Scotland Street)
Sunshine on Scotland Street (44 Scotland Street)
by Alexander McCall Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 20 Aug 2013
Loved this book, was feeling very low and this book made me laugh and I forgot my troubles for a while. Have read all the Scotland Street Novels and they are great. Full of wonderful characters and great stories. Some characters I love and some I loathe. Read this book and smile.

Corduroy Mansions
Corduroy Mansions

5.0 out of 5 stars HEAVEN TO READ, 13 April 2013
This review is from: Corduroy Mansions (Kindle Edition)
Love all Alexander McCall Smith's books. This one was no exception, if you are feeling low and want a book to lighten your mood, then read this book. Couldn't put it down, I have now downloaded the other two "Corduroy Mansion" books, and have started reading the second book, PURE HEAVEN.

White Teeth
White Teeth

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 8 April 2013
This review is from: White Teeth (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book, the characters were all likable in their way. It was funny at time, sad at times and a real page turner. I didn't much care for the ending though, I always feel cheated when I don't find out how the characters fare at the end. Worth reading though.

Daniel Craig 007 Triple Pack: Casino Royale / Quantum of Solace / Skyfall [Blu-ray] [2006]
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig
Offered by Sent2u

5.0 out of 5 stars OH 007, 31 Mar 2013
Never liked James Bond films before, but loved the books. But these three films were great, edge of the seat sort of films. Loved them all but I thought Quantum of Solace was the best, although most people prefer Skyfall. I am glad I purchased all three the triple pack was good value.

We Need To Talk About Kevin
We Need To Talk About Kevin

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 23 Mar 2013
This book was so good, couldn't put it down. You have to wonder why was Kevin the way he was. Was he mad or evil, was his mum cold and selfish, was his dad soft and just a bit thick, what made Kevin tick, just who was to blame? I am sure every one who reads this great book will have their own idea, I have but I'm n not say. Read it for yourself.

Full House [Quick Read] (Quick Reads)
Full House [Quick Read] (Quick Reads)

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't spoil the kids, 23 Mar 2013
Loved this short story (too short). A good funny read whish it had been longer. The characters were lovable. A nice cosy read.

Secrets of a Whitby Girl: Dark family secrets. Will all be revealed?
Secrets of a Whitby Girl: Dark family secrets. Will all be revealed?

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, 23 Mar 2013
Not really my cup of tea, but a pleasant easy read. I love Whitby that is why I purchased it. I did enjoy it.

Page: 1 | 2