Profile for Amber > Reviews

Kermit's Swamp Years [DVD] [2002]
Kermit's Swamp Years [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Steve Whitmire
Offered by The Happy Zombie

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for young children - knife fight and vivisection, 5 May 2014
Obviously intended for an older audience. No real harm and funny for older kids (maybe 10 and up if not too sensitive), but for my younger children (4 and 5) I was very uncomfortable with Kermit threatening people with a scalpel, and themes of vivisection.

Underdogs
Underdogs

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping read, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: Underdogs (Kindle Edition)
Heartfelt storyline and a gripping read.

Fast paced story that really kept the interest up.

Looking forward to seeing more!

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly good, 4 Oct 2013
I didn't think I'd like it, only read it to see what all the fuss was about really, but it drags you in. Very good read, amazingly rounded characters, and an imaginative plot.

BabyCalm: A Guide for Calmer Babies and Happier Parents
BabyCalm: A Guide for Calmer Babies and Happier Parents
by Sarah Ockwell-Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! A gem of sense., 1 Oct 2012
This book is a gem!

When I was pregnant I was nervous about what to do and how. I bought a baby book by a different author, misled by the title into thinking it would teach me how to make my child happy. I remember my husband commenting on my contorted facial expressions when I read about bizarre rituals where the day was broken into 20 minute slots dictating how long I bath my baby, how much milk I should express and when, when I eat my breakfast, and specifically what I must eat.

Unsurprisingly it turned out the author of that book had never had children. It went in the bin, so no one else could read it.

Baby Calm is the delightful antidote (written by a mother of four) and I so wish it had been published 6 years earlier!

Every parent should read this book if they want sensible advise on how to deal with becoming a parent and the needs of a newborn, while maintaining their own calm and sanity,

If you're going to be a parent, you need this.

Hand-book of English and German conversation: being at the same time a vad (German Edition)

1.0 out of 5 stars total gibberish, 23 Feb 2011
This is compete and utter gibberish. It has obviously just been scanned and OCRed, but the OCR hasnt recognised the German so it is just a random combination of characters.