Profile for S. Southall > Reviews

Content by S. Southall

S. Southall (West Midlands, U.K.)

Page: 1 | 2
The Big Book of Things to Spot
The Big Book of Things to Spot
by Gillian Doherty

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent extension to 'Where's Wally', 20 Aug. 2013
I have a 4 year old Wally spotter who prefers to 'discover' and 'name' things in books rather than follow a complete story and this book is ideal. Lots and lots of things to look at, talk about & discover.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars What's the time...?, 20 Aug. 2013
Poster does what I want it too, only little niggle is I'd like it to include a dry-wipe pen hence the 4 rather than 5 star rating.

Knitted Gifts: Irresistible Projects to Make and Give
Knitted Gifts: Irresistible Projects to Make and Give
by Ann Budd

5.0 out of 5 stars Truely irresistible, 6 Feb. 2011
The projects in this book are beautifully presented, and are certainly varied. There are quick-to-knit options through to more challenging colourwork & cable patterns, the book has not dissappointed me. A well presented & enjoyable book with a lot of pattern resources that I am sure I will return to on many occasions, I may even have to find the time to attempt the hobby horse as it is crying out to be made! Don't be put off by the fact that it is an American book, Ravelry has a good yarn converter & you can always try to source over the internet. Lovely book, happy with my purchase.

Have You Started Yet?: You and your period: getting the facts straight
Have You Started Yet?: You and your period: getting the facts straight
by Ruth Thomson

5.0 out of 5 stars All they need to know, 6 Feb. 2011
I bought this for our daughter as she is in the last year of primary school and due to start going through puberty. I bought it after reading it mentioned in a newspaper as being a good source of information. I am not disappointed, after giving the book to our daughter she has felt able to approach me with questions & seems reassured by the contents of the book, after she had been party to a few confusing conversations with peers this book has helped her to understand more of what is going on/will be going on. I would definitely recommend it to others.

Djeco Mosaics Kit - Fish
Djeco Mosaics Kit - Fish
Offered by Fast japan eu

4.0 out of 5 stars Art for the masses, 6 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Djeco Mosaics Kit - Fish (Toy)
We bought this as a Christmas present for our 7 year old art/craft enthusiast and were not dissapointed. The pack contains all you need to produce two lovely mosaics in a 'stick-by-numbers' fashion. I am a fan of Djeco toys anyway as they are produced to a high standard. This kit has provided plenty of fun & we have ended up with two lovely 'works-of-art' that really could be framed & hung on the wall!

Cotton Reels
Cotton Reels

3.0 out of 5 stars Threading fun!, 6 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Cotton Reels (Toy)
I ordered these for my 18mth old as she is fairly dextrous & enjoys sitting and doing. The reels & rope/string are good quality (I would recommend tying a knot in one end of the string to prevent continual frustration as the reels fall off the end!) The one thing which lets this toy down is the storage box, these could do with being kept in a tub with a lid rather than a cardboard box which after a few plays is not entirely secure. Other than that a good value educational toy.

Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders
Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders
by Judith Durant

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration!, 17 Jun. 2010
Got this wonderful book of ideas on Saturday and am halfway through the Falling leaves scarf in Mohair, I wanted to experiment with different yarns and this book gives you the perfect excuse to do just that.
I wouldnt consider myself a very experienced knitter and haven't found this book offputting or daunting, the patterns are clear and anything that has been difficult I have simply looked up on Utube!

Crafty Kids Puppet Kits Cat [Toy]
Crafty Kids Puppet Kits Cat [Toy]

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool cat for crafty kids!, 29 April 2010
I bought this as a birthday present for a friends daughter and she loved it, it comes well packaged and contains everything you need to make one cat puppet, the difficult part is deciding how you are going to decorate it! Great fun, definitely needs adult input/supervision during construction but good fun & plenty of potential for play when completed.

The Complete South African Cookbook
The Complete South African Cookbook
by Magdaleen van Wyk

4.0 out of 5 stars The complete guide to cooking for South Africans, 29 April 2010
I bought this hoping that it would contain a lot of traditional South African recipes but it is more of an instructional book. That is the only reason I have given it 4 instead of 5 stars.

Lunch with Friends
Lunch with Friends
Offered by Acrossborders *Multi-buy Auto Discount*

4.0 out of 5 stars Teeny table for two!, 2 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Lunch with Friends (Toy)
We bought this for our daughters to play make-believe cafe with and it is a beautiful set, all wooden (apart from the cloth napkins!) painted in beautiful colours & high quality. However be warned it is tiny! (read the description). Our girls love it, it is the perfect size for soft toys to dine in style so we are happy with our purchase. If you like your toys small & perfectly formed then this is one for you!

Page: 1 | 2