Profile for Matthew Ball > Reviews

Official Xbox One Wireless Controller
Official Xbox One Wireless Controller
Offered by VGP_VideoGamesPlus

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy controller, 28 Jan. 2014
Much improved on the 360 controller, one of the reasons to buy the new XBOX. Triggers feel much more comfortable, as does the D Pad, which was the groan of the 360 controller. Yet to test out the rumble vibration within the triggers (getting Forza 5 within a couple of days) but did have the chance to briefly test it out in my local GAME store, and I have to say, of what I tested, I was thoroughly impressed. The colour buttons (Y, X, A & B) all seem more spongey and comfortable to press and it's nice to have the battery compartment integrated into the actual controller, as opposed to a massive great fat lump on the back where you would have rested your fingers on the 360 controller.

Just to note: The Left & Right Bumper Buttons may feel stiff to press, this is because they've been designed for comfort and you're supposed to press them on the very edge (far left on left bumper, far right on right bumper). It will feel unnatural to start off with, but believe me you'll get used to it and it will feel ever so more comfortable!

Overall, I am extremely impressed and happy with the new controller! Although I have found out that (like the majority of controllers nowadays) sweat and dirt is easily picked up and visible on the sticks and triggers, so be mindful that you may want to give your controller a good clean from time to time. But apart from that, this is an excellent accessory and a must have if you want to play with a mate round your house!

Hope you found this review helpful, and happy gaming :-)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2014 4:57 PM GMT

FIFA 14 (Xbox One)
FIFA 14 (Xbox One)
Offered by 4GamersUK

5.0 out of 5 stars One step for FIFA, one giant leap for XBOX ONE, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: FIFA 14 (Xbox One) (Video Game)
So I didn't buy FIFA 14 directly from Amazon, but I got it with the XBOX ONE Day One Edition in GAME. I have to say I was expecting the same old FIFA, exactly the same as last year apart from new kits and squad updates. Well how wrong I was! First thing I noticed was the animations at the start before every match, it shows the stadium, and for me that's usually the Etihad considering I'm a Man City fan. I have to admit it looks beautiful. Okay, so I started the match, and immediately I could tell that the player movement is dramatically better than the 360 version. Everything seems more realistic and fluid. Then, once I'd scored my first goal I realised that EA had finally put some thought into IMPROVING their annual title. Slow-motion replays. If you don't skip them, there's usually four different angles of the goal, which to me replicates watching real life football matches. I read somewhere that there's supposedly 10 times the amount of animations on the new engine compared to the 360, PS3, etc. Pretty impressive, but something you'd expect when you pay £429 for a new console. And the 3D fans... EA could've done this in FIFA 2004 if they'd wanted to, let's be honest. But at least they look like real people rather than pointless cardboard cutouts. Finally, I like the new menu title look, it kind of glues to the XBOX ONE tile menu style, which in my opinion looks pretty swish.

Okay, all the pros explained, now for the cons, and there aren't many.

- Sometimes during the animations the players move a bit robot-like. It does seem a bit odd, but I guess you can't have everything.

- More than usual, the offside rule seems to be even tighter than last year's edition. It seems liek every blimmin' attack end up with the ball in a great position to slot it into the back of the net, only for the whistle to blow. Slightly irritating.

- Commentators their same boring selves. I was hoping they'd refresh the commentary for the next-gen game, unfortunately not. So I'm still stuck with Martin Tyler and the forever-annoying Geoff Shreeves pointlessly informing me that my player has broken his leg but is able to carry on. (Okay, a bit of an exaggeration but you get the idea, I hope)

And that's it really, I can safely say that I'm happy FIFA came with the XBOX ONE, and even if it hadn't I probably would've bought it anyway. FIFA 14 on 360 < FIFA 14 on XBOX ONE

Business Studies for A-Level, 4th Edition (Hodder Education Publication)
Business Studies for A-Level, 4th Edition (Hodder Education Publication)
by Ian Marcouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, 8 Nov. 2013
Okay, this is a good book so far and OK have found it very useful in lessons, but I can't help but ponder over why it was over double the price of all my other A Level books. There may be tonnes of content, but £32 is very steep, even for my liking. I just hope it gets me the grades I need and turns out to be cost-effective. If you can get this cheaper as a used copy, I'd say go for that, just make sure it has all pages in it!

Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360)
Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game on Xbox 360, 8 Nov. 2013
If you want a game where you can do practically anything... then GTA V is perfect! Had me gripped to my chair and controller from the minute I unwrapped it! Completed the storyline within 6 days, pretty much spent 100% of my free time playing it, and undoubtedly absolutely amazing! Visuals are beautiful, car handling is spot on too :) I particularly like the character switching, very cool :) After a dodgy release of GTA online, I can safely say it is great! Got the $400,000 apartment, ready for when they introduce the heists, and just bought an Entity XF which cost me $795,000 (best car in the game apparently). The attention to detail in the realism is so cool :) Justwish you could sell cars once you had upgraded them and also wish you could have multiple properties, maybe something they will change in the future :) Apart from that it is the most funny, entertaining game I've ever played, and I won't put it down any time soon! :D Must buy! :D 100% recommended :D

Far Cry 3 Official Game Guide
Far Cry 3 Official Game Guide
by Prima Games

3.0 out of 5 stars Free YouTube videos vs Guide?!, 15 Sept. 2013
I would recommend saving money and just use online videos from YouTube as I did, no book needed, saying that if you prefer reading a book over staring at a screen then get this book!

Duronic 10m CAT6a FTP Professional Gold Headed Shielded Network Cable - Black
Duronic 10m CAT6a FTP Professional Gold Headed Shielded Network Cable - Black
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at perfectly affordable price!!, 28 Aug. 2013
Bought this to replace what I thought was a dodgy cable bought for £1.68, Although it wasn't the cable that was the problem, it was my poor connection, but this serves its purpose extremely well and is definitely reliable, recommended by me, at least! Buy with confidence, arrived within a couple of days, thank you!

Driving Test Success All Tests New Edition 2013/14 (PC)
Driving Test Success All Tests New Edition 2013/14 (PC)
Offered by AMSLTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 23 July 2013
DVD works great, got all I need on it to help me pass my theory test within the summer (hopefully). Only thing I would say that annoys me is that you always need the disc in your computer/ laptop to be able to use it, b=would be better if you could install it and never have to use the disc again, oh well, still a very good product, very cheap compared to TESCO in store where it was about £15.00. Highly recommended to buy this from Amazon!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2013 11:49 AM BST