Profile for Cat > Reviews

ION SLIDE TO PC 35mm SLIDES NEGATIVES FILM SCANNER 5MP CAMERA OPTION
ION SLIDE TO PC 35mm SLIDES NEGATIVES FILM SCANNER 5MP CAMERA OPTION
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it!, 3 Mar. 2015
Bought one of these about a year ago but have only just got around to using it (!). Box said in ran on Mac or PC, but now I find in ONLY runs on Windows XP, which makes it pretty useless; there are no updated drivers available on the ION website. I have dug out an old WinXP laptop and it works OK on that. General 'scenery' shots are scanned fine (35 mm slides) but anything else just doesn't work - pictures with wide contrast range are 'averaged' and unusable, e.g. graves and war memorials, or even a ginger cat in a dark tree. Can't really recommend it - there are better slide scanners out there which will run on modern hardware.

Betalight - Small - Purple - Tritium Max - Gardner
Betalight - Small - Purple - Tritium Max - Gardner
Offered by Flack Tackle

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 2 Dec. 2014
Not what I expected and returned for refund

SanDisk Ultra SDXC 128 GB UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card 30 MB/s (SDSDU-128G-U46)
SanDisk Ultra SDXC 128 GB UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card 30 MB/s (SDSDU-128G-U46)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 2 Dec. 2014
Does what it's supposed to. Good storage device

House of Cards [DVD] [1990]
House of Cards [DVD] [1990]
Dvd ~ Ian Richardson

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 2 Dec. 2014
This review is from: House of Cards [DVD] [1990] (DVD)
I missed out on this series when it was broadcast in the 1990s and have only just discovered it. Ian Richardson is brilliant as the scheming, ruthless, Francis Urquart. Occasionally it pushes credibility just a tad too far, but in the main this is a believable take on the ruthlessness of a politician (and his Lady Macbeth wife) determined to get to the top and stay there. I watched Series one as a free Amazon Prime member and was immediately hooked. Thoroughly recommended.

Neo G MEDICAL GRADE JUMPERS KNEE PATELLA BAND STRAP - Knee Support with 'medical quality silicon pad'
Offered by Online Sports Support Store

4.0 out of 5 stars this occasionally flares up and swells and is painful. I've used other types of patella strap with ..., 29 Aug. 2014
I have an old knee injury dating back to playing hockey in my youth; this occasionally flares up and swells and is painful. I've used other types of patella strap with some success but they were sometimes uncomfortable. I've used this one for a few days now and it seems comfortable and relieves the pain, but I do find the soft insert a bit bulky and I'm not sure this is quite the right support for me. It's a well-made product though and I will persist with it

Craghoppers Mens Kiwi Pro Stretch Short Black 38
Craghoppers Mens Kiwi Pro Stretch Short Black 38
Offered by Great Outdoors Superstore

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Aug. 2014
Great product - comfortable, easy to wash and dry and lots of zip pockets to keep things safe.

KC_253 NEW KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON BELL BELLS RINGING GIFT MUG CUP CHURCH CAMPANOLOGY
Offered by Mcmug

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for a bell ringer, 20 Aug. 2014
Good product, bought two and print quality on one isn't so good but the other is perfect. A bit of fun if you know a bell ringer!

2 x Red Top Fly Trap
2 x Red Top Fly Trap
Offered by Pest Control Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars These are absolutely brilliant fly traps, 20 Aug. 2014
This review is from: 2 x Red Top Fly Trap
These are absolutely brilliant fly traps. I have used several now and instead of loads of flies in the house I get the odd one or two. Easy to set up, catches hundreds of flies. Needs placing at least 10m from the house though as the bait does smell after a few days. The only downside is that emptying the trap for disposal is a disgusting job - smelly and revolting! I've found that replacing them more often than the instructions suggest does reduce the smell.

Gtech AirRam Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Gtech AirRam Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by Gtechonline

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 3 July 2014
I'm very impressed. I loathe vacuuming as it involves finding somewhere to plug it in, then I have to drag it around the house and as I have a heart problem this sometimes makes me feel the worse for wear. I'd seen this advertised then read the reviews and decided that although it's a bit pricey I'd try it. Ordered yesterday from GTech, arrived today. Vacuumed the hall and kitchen and it was amazing! Cleaned up all the bits and pieces and the dog hair, and really easy to empty. I then did the stairs (a pet hate) and it was easy! The only drawback is that it has no attachments to reach under things or to cope with odd-shaped areas (like the bed on my stairs) but I have a hand vacuum I can use for odd places. Info says charge last 40 minutes whereas I found about 35 was the limit, but that's plenty. I'm not sure it would replace a vacuum with a hose attachment but as a second one to keep upstairs or to whip out for a quick lean round this is great. Easy to empty and the compressed dust/fibres seem a very good way to collect the dirt.

Pop Goes the Weasel: The Secret Meanings of Nursery Rhymes
Pop Goes the Weasel: The Secret Meanings of Nursery Rhymes
by Albert Jack

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 20 Jun. 2014
This is an interesting read about children's nursery rhymes, not as well written as some others but still worth a read

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20