Profile for Linds > Reviews

The Vogue Factor
The Vogue Factor
by Kirstie Clements

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 31 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Vogue Factor (Paperback)
I love fashion and was really looking forward to reading this book. However, be prepared to be disappointed. Firstly, it's very badly written. It's very much in the style of this happened, then that happened. Each page has about 3 new stories, there is no depth to them and there isn't really anything that interesting at all uncovered. I thought there would be far more juicy tit bits. It's a struggle to read it. It's also fairly short and not great value for money - don't bother!

The Straight Story [DVD]
The Straight Story [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Farnsworth
Offered by TIP TOP SELLER

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite films, 12 May 2013
This review is from: The Straight Story [DVD] (DVD)
One of the best films ever make in my opinion, great cimematography, very touching. Lovely story that is actually true.

Jim Fobel's Old-fashioned Baking Book: Recipes from an American Childhood
Jim Fobel's Old-fashioned Baking Book: Recipes from an American Childhood
by Jim Fobel

5.0 out of 5 stars best book have bought in some time, 12 May 2013
Too many cookery books are style over substnce - not this one, packed with great recipes. Some lovely stories at front of book too. No pictures but that didn't matter to me at all - not sure there is a need for pictures when you are baking a simple cake/pie anyway. I think if you want to bake American, this is the only book you need.

Hello Cupcake!
Hello Cupcake!
by Leila Lindholm

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Mumsy, 13 April 2013
This review is from: Hello Cupcake! (Hardcover)
I bought this book as it looked cool from the pics. However, it's full of pics of the author and her young kids which really put me off. The recipes weren't great either. Not impressed.

Ruess Everett: a Vagabond for Beauty
Ruess Everett: a Vagabond for Beauty
by W.L. Rusho

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite esoteric, 16 Oct 2012
If you love the Ruess story you will lap this book up. I love the story. However, i think others wouldn;t enjoy it.

Riding High 1896-1903 Scenes from a Lakeland Childhood
Riding High 1896-1903 Scenes from a Lakeland Childhood
by Barbara Sneyd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 1 Oct 2012
Lovely pictures, great diary snippets. I'm still recovering from the ending, Does anyone know what really happened to Barbara, all very odd? I feel like I want to investigate.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2013 7:16 PM GMT

A Curious Life for a Lady: Story of Isabella Bird
A Curious Life for a Lady: Story of Isabella Bird
by Pat Barr

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest women to walk the earth, 1 Oct 2012
You should read this book if you are interested in learning more about an amazing women who was way before her time.

Make, Bake, Love
Make, Bake, Love
by Lilly Higgins

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 1 Oct 2012
This review is from: Make, Bake, Love (Hardcover)
Great book by a girl that loves baking and is really genuine, so in that sense I don't agree the the reviewer that it's style over substance. That said, all these types of books are styling over real detail in terms of the recipes. Some lovely recipes. I pick up a lot of these types of books and end up not buying them, but a lot of straightforward recipes here you will bake from.

The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing
The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing
by Melissa Bank

2.0 out of 5 stars Big disappointment, 7 Mar 2012
I can't believe the good reviews. I found this book very boring! I struggled to motivate myself to finish it. It isn't funny and it's not well written. The characters don't come alive at all. I could write a better/funnier version of my life. I'd suggest Karen Wheeler's books that are much better if you want 30 something singleton chick lit!

Up With the Larks: Starting Again in Cornwall
Up With the Larks: Starting Again in Cornwall
by Tessa Hainsworth

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit boring, 26 Feb 2011
I am really suprised by all the great reviews. It isn't very well written. It lacks emotional depth and the descriptions of characters etc aren't that great. A lot of it just seems to be a description of her post round, which is a bit boring. It did get better towards the end. I feel like anyone could have written this book, the author didn't demonstrate much talent. I'm in my early 30s, I think you have to be a lot older to potentially enjoy this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2011 12:56 PM BST