Profile for A Person > Reviews

Dvd ~ Martin Trenaman
Offered by themediamerchants
Price: 5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Stick with it, it's worth it, 30 April 2013
This review is from: PhoneShop [DVD] (DVD)
Agree with other reviewers the first episode and in particular the pilot were close to the mark, but hang in there!
The series (and second series) is in my opinion brilliant, well observed, very well cast and acted. For me it's perfectly pitched - it's a shame it's not as ubiquitous as the inbetweeners.
The DVD itself is good value, you get the pilot and some actually hilarious deleted scenes. Not scenes that you watch and think well good job they weren't in the show but deleted scenes you will watch again and again! Give it a go :)

Campus [DVD]
Campus [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andy Nyman
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 6.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Green Wing, but still really good!, 14 April 2013
This review is from: Campus [DVD] (DVD)
Like a lot of other reviews unavoidably comparing Campus to Green Wing, I agree Campus falls short and some story lines give you déjà vu.
However, the characters are endearing, Jonty has some fabulous Sue White esque scenes. It's surreal yet engaging. I am so sad it got cancelled, I think it had real potential. Comedy fans should have this DVD in their collection and feel aggrieved there's no second series!

Ross Noble - Randomist [2006] [DVD]
Ross Noble - Randomist [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ross Noble
Offered by WorldCinema
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars BEYOND BELIEF FANTASTIC!, 28 Jun 2010
A fantastic main feature, a real joy to see other shows from the tour and the extras (AWESOME) give you a flavour of what it might be like to actually live/ work with Ross- hilarious!

Other comments have mentioned the poor sound quality of the 'extra' shows. The sound quality IS poor and the vision NOT crystal clear. However my opinion of these facts is: for exactly the same amount of money, the majority of comedians offer us a much shorter main feature and often no extras.

Hence I feel it very misguided to profer that the product is lacking in any way, I feel Noble would be completely underselling himself if every show was top quality sound/ vision recording- it's hard to think where the money would come from for him to record every show with a full camera and sound team.
I think its very kind hearted to try to offer his fans as much material for their money as possible.

All round, a fantastically funny dvd (one of his top three, in my opinion!) and great value for money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2011 1:50 PM BST

Ross Noble - Fizzy Logic [DVD]
Ross Noble - Fizzy Logic [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ross Noble
Offered by WorldCinema
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST AWESOME, 28 Jun 2010
I love everything he does, I know thats not a great reveiw but I do!
As always great value for money, fantastic full full length shows, brilliant extras!
If you are a fan of Noble, I consider this show one of his greats, a must have.

Toilet roll holder in stainless steel
Toilet roll holder in stainless steel
Offered by Aquazuro Stainless Steel
Price: 36.31

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely item!, 28 Jun 2010
Arrived timely. Well packaged. Quality product, great finish. Easy to load and unload the paper! Easy to get on the wall!
All round very pleased.

QI Presents: Strictly Come Duncing [Interactive DVD] [2007]
QI Presents: Strictly Come Duncing [Interactive DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Stephen Fry
Offered by NextDayEntertainment
Price: 2.58

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, well made but too difficult to use, 28 Jun 2010
I love the show (and all the accompanying books) so I hate the fact that i'm giving a spin off product only three stars.
My reasons are it's user friendliness, you may well merrily call me stupid for not being able to work out how to use the game... but as other commentators did, I bought it for christmas for family and friends to play (at a considerably higher price than it is now).
Hence it was unfortunately a dissapointment, I was exhasperated trying to work out how one played... what the rules were... eventually we gave up and it's never been touched since.
I could see the effort put in to this dvd, the graphics were impressive and it felt like a quality product, I just felt the dvd had missed its user interface testing.
So not the product for me, but maybe for others!...