Profile for AK Red hat > Reviews

Suma Oat Bran 5 kg
Suma Oat Bran 5 kg
Price: 10.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value!, 30 Jun 2013
This review is from: Suma Oat Bran 5 kg (Grocery)
Apart from the fact that I love the taste of Oat Bran porridge, and this seems to be the best that I have tasted so far, this product is very good value. I had been paying in the region of 2.00 for just 500g in my local supermarket until I spotted this on the Amazon site. Now I am a firm purchaser. I use oat bran in my cooking now that I have discovered this 5kg size bag. 5kg might seem a bit daunting at first, but I would suggest that you do what I have done, and store most of it in an airtight container, (I used a very large screw top glass jar) and keep any residual amount, in the original bag it comes in, for day to day use.

Poems That Will Save Your Life
Poems That Will Save Your Life
by John (ed) Boyes
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 20 May 2013
I am not a poetry buff, and find it hard to understand and enjoy poetry. However, i was interested in what this book might offer, so I wernt ahead and purchased. It has such lovely inspirational verse, which i find uplifting, and I find them easy to understand. this is a lovely 'comforting' book that i often turn to when I feel down, or if I want something reflect on.

Mens DEK Boat Yachting shoe Navy/Brown Nubuck Leather size 10 UK
Mens DEK Boat Yachting shoe Navy/Brown Nubuck Leather size 10 UK
Offered by Shoesbyclaire
Price: 28.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 20 May 2013
I bought these as a present, and on reflection, these seemed to be very nice shoes for the price. However, I was disappointed to discover that they are actually quite narrow fitting, which meant that the recipient couldn't get them on, let alone wear them. Ordering a larger size wasn't really an option because this would only give a longer foot, not a wider shoe. Rather a shame really, as these did look like a well made Smart/Casual shoe for the money. Sadly I had to return them for a refund.

Ornami Silver Ladies Filigree Oval Locket on 18" Curb Chain
Ornami Silver Ladies Filigree Oval Locket on 18" Curb Chain
Price: 17.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., 6 May 2013
I was very pleasantly surprised by how lovely this item is. The photo doesn't do it justice, I don't think, as it looks so much nicer when you get it at home. It suits my needs perfectly, as all I wanted was 'something' to put on when I am wearing tops that are not buttoned up to the neckline! This fits the bill brilliantly, and is very attractive. It isn't too small and therefore insignificant, nor too large as to be unflattering. I will admit that I purchased an additional chain, partly because other reviewers had commented on the chain with this item as being a bit too delicate for the locket, an also because I felt that I needed to have a 20" chain for my personal comfort. However, the existing chain is absolutely fine, and sits exactly where I would like it to. The filigree is simply gorgeous, and the locket does open. I wouldn't hesitate to tell anyone to buy this - it's well worth the money.

Breville VST026 4 Slice Sandwich Press Stainless Steel
Breville VST026 4 Slice Sandwich Press Stainless Steel
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not stopped using this!, 18 Mar 2013
This has a good size plate, easily accommodating four paninis or three to four sandwiches (depending on bread size), yet the item doesn't take up a lot of workspace when in use. It has a locking mechanism when not in use which allows for the product to be safely moved, and stored. I have put two hooks up on the side of my cupboard and hang the sandwiche press on them - making it easily accessible and convenient. The press heats up very rapidly and toasts the sandwiches/paninis very evenly and quite quickly, 5 minutes or so. It is easy to clean - just wipe over with a damp cloth while the plates are still warm; Don't leave until the press has totally cooled as this makes it harder to wipe off any filling that may have leaked from the sandwiches.
The press is very easy and comfortable to use, which I Iike, and its chrome look finish is very smart. I have only been using this product for a few weeks, but as yet I can't fault it. It is constant use and performs well each time. I think that this is good value for money and would recommend it to anyone not wanting to invest in the more commercial ones.

Homefront Pure Luxury Soft Washable Electric Heated Chocolate Throw (160 x 130 cms)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bliss!, 15 Feb 2013
I actually bought this as a present for my husband as he is particularly vulnerable to the cold, and complains constantly. However, since he received it, I can't get him out of it! It does have temperature controls on it so you can vary the heat to suit individual needs without running the risk of burning them. However, you don't have to heat it at all, if all you want is a little added warmth when it gets a bit chilly. But the throw itself is lovely and soft and cuddly - just the item to hibernate in when feeling unwell or cold; pure bliss. I confess that I have nicked it a couple of times when husband is not around, and hibernated with our dog on the sofa - (dogs like it too). I would purchase this item again, although not expensive, it is certainly worth the money.

The Kingmaker's Daughter (Cousins War 4)
The Kingmaker's Daughter (Cousins War 4)
by Philippa Gregory
Price: 18.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as others, 15 Feb 2013
I love the Philipa Gregory Books - especially theTudor and War of the Roses series. However, for some reason I just couldn't get into this book, it didn't grab me at the start like her other books did. I reluctantly admit that I also found this book a bit boring even though I liked Phillipa's interesting perspective on a tumultuous period of history. Maybe I just need to read it again sometime to understand it more fully. It's definitely worth reading it - but for me, it seemed to be lacking. Sorry Philipa!

Gift House International Candle Lantern Bags, White Fireworks
Gift House International Candle Lantern Bags, White Fireworks
Offered by The Warehouse Online
Price: 2.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 15 Feb 2013
I love these lantern bags, maybe not a new idea, but certainly new to me! They give a lovely glow but not a lot of light, so if they are required to light up a path for a party for example, they would make nice path markers to light the way, but would not light it up enough to show potential trip hazards. I used a few of them indoors for subtle lighting over the Christmas period, which was magical. They can also be safely used for Barbecue partie etc. I will probably purchase somemore soon.

Prices Patent Candles Sentinel Nightlights Bag, Pack of 50
Prices Patent Candles Sentinel Nightlights Bag, Pack of 50
Offered by jetmediauk
Price: 9.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Illuminating, 15 Feb 2013
These nightlights claim to burn for 8 hours - and I found that they burned for longer! They are a reassuringly decent thickness; a complete contrast from the biscuit thin ones that are available in the shops that are less expensive, but also don't last anywhere near the burning time of these. The Prices candles didn't seem to give off any unpleasant odour whilst burning or after being extinguished. The only down side for me is the fact that they seemed to be quite expensive, but when I sat and worked out the cost - they really didn't appear to be much more expensive than any of the alternatives on the market. They certainly burn for much longer than the 'thin' ones (twice +) and give a good glow. Prices is such a well known traditional brand and to my mind, have always been the best.

Skechers Women's Shape Ups AT Diamondback Charcoal Walking Shoes 12360 8 UK
Skechers Women's Shape Ups AT Diamondback Charcoal Walking Shoes 12360 8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaping up, 19 Sep 2012
I will be honest and say that I'm not overly keen on the colour, I would have chosen an alternative had one been available in my size. Having said that though, these are very comfortable shoes/trainers, and I feel that they are of benefit to me in working the muscles in the lower half of my body - ie thighs, legs, bottom etc. This more than makes up for the less attractive colour. If I didn't know better, I would think that these are from the men's range, colour wise. I didn't experience any problems when I first wore them but there are instructions and a CD that explains how the shoes work and how to get used to them initially. When you first put them on, you may experience a slight wobbly moment as the shoes place you slightly out of balance. No big problem at all, this is where the 'shape-up' comes in and your muscles have to compensate to get you balanced again, but don't be put off, it's not drastic. I really wouldn't be without them, and even if they've done nothing else, they have encouraged me to be much more active. I now walk almost everywhere rather than take the car. A big bonus health wise.

Page: 1 | 2