Profile for Flocon de neige > Reviews

Content by Flocon de neige

Flocon de neige "summer snowflake" (France)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Crafty Kids: Fun Projects for You and Your Toddler
Crafty Kids: Fun Projects for You and Your Toddler
by Rosie Hankin

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit samey, samey, more paper-platey., 13 Jan. 2011
Searching as I had for a while for a good craft book for under 5s, I chose this one - soley based on Amazon reviews. Under 5 crafts books being jolly hard to find and all...........

It does have ideas that are quick to set up with more or less on-hand material....paint, glue,paperplate,.............. and oaktag. Um? What? What's OAKTAG? I used A4 white card, and had my tots paint it the colour required for the craft we were looking at.

I must say I was disappopinted to see how repetitive the basic idea is, with really minimum sggestions for the 'older' crafter, ie touch more colour, spot of glitter.....

I have nonetheless already filled 3 rainy, gloomy afternoons with craft from my book.

It's maybe a book to have on classroom shelf, as a paper based craft support, but if you're a stay-at-home-mum like me and you're after a range of manual activities, this isn't it. It's purely paper ( now and again loo-roll/kitchen roll ) based, and too soon too repetitive.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2012 8:37 PM BST

Ravensburger Snails Pace Race game
Ravensburger Snails Pace Race game

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 year old loves it!!!, 9 Jan. 2011
Santa kindly droped this superb little game off for my 2 year old laddie. My 4 year old likes to sneak in a game during his nap, and my boy loves it too. He didn't know his colours at all 2 weeks ago ( sooooo many other things to see ) but I'm peacock proud to say that THANKS TO THIS GAME,he's starting to learn his colours. Mr Red Snail and his friends are not only teaching him to name colours; they's helping him enjoy partaking in a game without being the winner. Quite an ingenious creation - a wonderful concept to teach the young - you don't have to win to enjoy!!!!!!!!!

By the way- it's beautifully made!!!! The snails are delightfully coloured wooden pieces, and the board is tastefully designed in a way that all around it, there's a picture facing you. Lovely.

Rush Hour Junior Puzzle Game
Rush Hour Junior Puzzle Game
Offered by tlmwholesale11

3.0 out of 5 stars 6 year old minimun is too young, 9 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Rush Hour Junior Puzzle Game (Toy)
I got this for Christmas for my 4,soon to be 5 year old ,based on Amazon reviews. I fully agree the 6+ is too old as a guide.
Like all parents, I am wholeheartedly convinced my tot is unique in all ways, and streets ahead of her peers ( ;) ) , but just 10 days after Santa's visit, my lass is well half way through this engaging game. It's a superbly thought out logic challenge....but it does seem 4 year olds can do what the manufacturers aim at a 6 yr old. I'm all for making a child have that all important sense of achievement, but going on how fast my 4 yr old old susses out the puzzles, a 6 yr old will have its folks sending the game back to Santa on Boxing Day.

If a company really wants to sell a Juniour version, they should at least get the target age right. It's a fantastic game, I'll be getting the next version for my girl, but they should get the target age right. My 2 - going-on-3-yr-old will get more out of it. The 6+ guide could've put me ( wrongly ) off , and wastes cash for parents of 6 yr olds who get the game and find their child sails through it in weeks....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2011 9:27 PM GMT

Clown (Red Fox Picture Books)
Clown (Red Fox Picture Books)
by Quentin Blake

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!!!!!!, 6 Jan. 2011
A superb book!!! Fantastic pictures -make you want to copy and frame them.

Great tale of Clown - an array of textless emotions and experiences to exlpain to, or (-better-) to elicit from young children.

As a parent, and a reader, an absolute thumbs up!!!!

The Red Tree
The Red Tree
by Shaun Tan

1.0 out of 5 stars For a children's book, zero., 6 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Red Tree (Paperback)
It's simply NOT for children.

Read the reviews, it's for adults.

Taking nothing at all away from the awesome pictures and text,it is by no means a 'children's book'.

It may well be of help to a child who may have suffered from DEPRESSION......otherwise, stear clear.

Uwoodtoys Flappy Wing Parrot Mobile
Uwoodtoys Flappy Wing Parrot Mobile

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bird!!, 6 Jan. 2011
I got this parrot to jazz up my 2 year old's rather dull bedroom - it worked a treat.
It really colourful, and my boy loves to say goodnight to it, and to watch it 'fly' before getting into bed.
I've told my chap to be gentle with Parrot - it looks like it won't take too much rough tugging, but I'm hopeful the bird will remain a happy, colourful feature to my tot's room!!!! It's really nice!!

The Curious Garden
The Curious Garden
by Peter Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely story, 6 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Curious Garden (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my 2 year old boy for Christmas - having seen the book in a best picture book list, backed up by a positive review here on Amazon.

It's a lovely tale of caring for the forgotten; how Nature thrives on just a little care. It shows how people catch on to a good thing. I love the wholly positive feel of the book. I love the pages without words too.

My 4 year old loved it, and asked all the right questions, and my 2 year old really likes it too, at his level.

It's a beautifully written and beautifully illustrated book that tots enjoy at their level, with us on hand to answer their ponderings.

For sure one to get. It may well be that book that they wish to read to their young.

Medical Carrycase
Medical Carrycase
Offered by Vinsani (UK Seller)

2.0 out of 5 stars Iffy plastic, let's face it!!!!!!, 6 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Medical Carrycase (Toy)
I ponedered and pondered before finally ordering this.

Had an idea what it would be like........

I got it as really I was after a fun rip-open present for Christmas Day. It was that, good enough. But now just January 6th, the 'blood-pressure reader' is in pieces......little pieces at that. Bought for my 4 year old, in pieces it becomes a choking hazard for my 2 yr old.When I said 'Christmas Day Fun, I sort of hoped it would see through at least the Christmas holidays.........

The case is - as others have said - tricky to open. The pieces are really the usual cheapo plastic mass produced pieces with token sticker..... Not an awesome product by far. It will satisy a child's fun at playing doctor...but pieces will fall apart ( chocking hazard warning!!!!) and if you're anything like me you'll feel ripped off for spending a good few quid on a very, very basic toy.

MATTEL MATCHBOX Car Transporter
MATTEL MATCHBOX Car Transporter

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent transporter!!, 5 Jan. 2011
I got this for my 2 year old boy - he loves it.
I found this transporter to be the best of a big bunch of them out there - it comes with 4 cars too.
A good purchase!!!

Sterling Silver Russian Wedding Ring - O 1/2
Sterling Silver Russian Wedding Ring - O 1/2
Offered by Touch Jewellery

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but a tiny lacking in width!!, 5 Oct. 2010
Wearing this ring as I do with stacked rings on other fingers, it looks a bit.....skinny!!!!

I should've read and noted properly the dimensions!!!!

Plus, it doesn't really 'sit' right. We've all seen those to-die-for 3 colour gold ones which are the real thing ; they just fall together perfectly.

This one............DON'T!!!!!!!!!!

Still, for the price it is, who can dare complain??!!!!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7