Profile for Flocon de neige > Reviews

Content by Flocon de neige

Flocon de neige "summer snowflake" (France)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Dr. Seuss' Sleep Book: Yellow Back Book (Dr Seuss - Yellow Back Book) (Dr. Seuss Yellow Back Books)
by Dr. Seuss
Price: 4.79

4.0 out of 5 stars It's all the good things everyone says it is-but, MAN, it's LONG!, 5 May 2011
It takes FOREVER to read!!!!!

I needed a glass of water and a rest half way through!!!!! Tongue twisters throughout!!! I know that's its schtick, but splat down here on Planet Real, facing a demanding bedtime story like this is no mean feat.

It is fun and all, but be ready to set aside a good 15 minutes to get through it.

My 4 year old tends to tire just after midway, yet I need to plough on....with that niggling feeling that parts of what I read wanders into 'humour needing a little explainig' territory.

You'll - the reader- feel that bit closer to sleep having worked your way through this one!!!!!

A Fish Out of Water (Beginner Series)
A Fish Out of Water (Beginner Series)
by Philip D. Eastman
Price: 4.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked!!!!, 5 May 2011
My 5yr old and 3 yr old love this story.

It's not too long ( bedtime, that matters!! ) and has ENORMOUS scope for reader ( mum!! ) to really take on character voices, and have fun reading - the dialogue is short, and enjoyable to read. A bellowing policeman, a snooty firman, a hesitant..guilty boy and a quirky Mr Carp add up to a fun read for all!!!

My 3 year old can finish the sentences, I read two words, he does the rest. These books have such a life to them, and children pick up so quickly on such fast paced well written reads. It's soooo rich in grammar, vocabulary.....FUN for little children. Great stuff.

By the way, unlike many parents who choose to read their children this story, I'm a rookie to this book - you don't need to have read it as a kid to want to share it!!! But, there's always the chance the nippers you read it to may well hold it in their hearts till adulthood!!!!!!

Silly Songs
Silly Songs
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it and enjoy!!, 5 May 2011
This review is from: Silly Songs (Audio CD)
I love this cd!
So do the children!!! 3yrs and 5yrs.
A welcome change from mediocre children cds that have us parents climbing the wall ( car roof ) with their kiddie musak!!!!

It's fun, and just like the show, teaches too!!! The kids tune in to it instantly - without necessarily being familiar with the show. My tots have got a cudddly Grover ( nostalgic purchase from 70's ma ) and have watched a few episodes of Seasme Street ( more maternal nostalgia ) - but I think even knowing nothing of the characters, children would enjoy the fun of this great cd.

It's one to have.

Art Nouveau five marquis shape faceted amethyst stones set in sterling silver with six sr pattern detail links and lobster claw clasp with extension chain

1.0 out of 5 stars Bracelet lacks 'purple' of photo!!!!!, 5 May 2011
...in other words it's pretty seethrough - not at all the rich purple amethyst we see in the picture.

At times I think a stone has fallen out, so transparent is the 'amythyst'.

Not too impressed. No givaway price for a VERY basic product.

100 Things for Little Children to do on a Journey (Usborne Activity Cards)
100 Things for Little Children to do on a Journey (Usborne Activity Cards)
by Catriona Clarke
Edition: Cards
Price: 5.24

2.0 out of 5 stars Under 6s need parental help to do this!! Excuse me, driver..???, 5 May 2011
Yes, there's lots to do, and thanks to the original idea...redo in this pack.

For an, over 6ish year old child, I imagine you could leave them to it on the back seat as you drive.

However if you want something and under 6 can do unaided on the back seat of the car, this ain't it!!!!

It's perfect airport, train station ( doctor's waiting room....) material when you're sat next to the eager doodler and can READ THE INSTRUCTIONS to them.

As for a car situation with a young child where you're the driver, forget it!!!! Yeild to the night and get that backseat dvd player instead...they'll spand the entire journey watching The Octonauts.....if ever it's realeased on dvd........

No Matter What (Templar Books (Dutton Children's Books))
No Matter What (Templar Books (Dutton Children's Books))
by Emma Dodd

5.0 out of 5 stars Parents, you need this book!!!!!!!, 27 Mar 2011
My 3 year old has major tantrums.

Often.

He can be really not nice with big sis, bites ma, throws dinky cars at pap.

But, I love him to bits, and need him to know I love him - 'no matter what'.

He asks me if I love him when he's naughty. I tell him 3 year olds are meant to be a bit naughty, and yes, I love you always.

But I see I need back-up material.

I investigated, and found this straight forward beaut. It tells your child I love you all the time, gentle, king, good, bad, WHATEVER. Excellent.

There's no unexpected twist toward grief ( like Debi Gliori's take on the subject ) , just young tot targeted simple, needed message that the parent loves the child no matter the mood.

CHLOE SIGNATURE shower gel 200 ml
CHLOE SIGNATURE shower gel 200 ml
Offered by Prestige Europe
Price: 20.90

1.0 out of 5 stars Shower gel scent is pretty mild.....hey- too mild!!, 13 Mar 2011
I love Chloe perfume - great price, good lasting scent.

I treated myself to the shower gel, but felt sorry I had. The scent is very watered down, and pricey given the low cost of the pefume.

I'd have done better saving cash on this and getting another bottle of the perfume - it's so often available at killer low prices!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2014 12:13 AM BST

925 Sterling Silver 8.4-Inch Charming Amethyst Quartz Chip Stone & Bead Bracelet / Chain

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 13 Mar 2011
I love it.

I wear it with other silver bracelets, and it gives that bit of colour I wanted.

Splendid.

Learn at Home:Fun with Phonics: Letters and Sounds Pack (Watch and Learn)
Learn at Home:Fun with Phonics: Letters and Sounds Pack (Watch and Learn)
by unknown
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, 6 Feb 2011
I'm thrilled the BBC put this wonderful programme on DVD.

As far as being material to teach a child to read, it's a great support - it won't do the job all alone!!!

I have worked with her through 7 of the 20 units of the marvelous Reading Lesson: Teach Your Child to Read in 20 Easy Lessons by
Michael Levin. Anyone really serious about teaching their child to read can't ( in my view ) do better than this book. It teaches the child the sounds, and bit by bit, the child puts the sounds together to make words, so read. I do the book with her about 4 times a week, and cannot emhpasise enough the fact it WORKS!!!!! Get it!!! Try it!!!! You'll see!!!

Roll Tongue Animals - pk6
Roll Tongue Animals - pk6
Offered by Party Parade
Price: 8.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome seller!!!! Great toys!!!, 31 Jan 2011
This review is from: Roll Tongue Animals - pk6 (Toy)
I can't praise WOWGIFTS enough fot their EXCELLENT customer servise.

The toys are belters, too. My girl took her little animal to school, and had kids...and adults crowding round!!

Nicely made animals with such character!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7