Profile for SteveOnCanvas > Reviews

Ziggy Art 'Petite Matisse' Half size French Box Easel with carry strap
Ziggy Art 'Petite Matisse' Half size French Box Easel with carry strap
Offered by ZIGGY Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely and Utterly Fantastic, 3 April 2014
This is a lovely piece of kit. I cannot believe that I only paid 35 quid for it. Rubber stoppers on the end of the feet, separate shoulder strap supplied as well as the carry handle. Solid wood construction, all the nuts and brackets are metal and feel sturdy, it even comes with a fold out palette! I am utterly bowled over by it.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 9 Nov 2013
So thin it is wobbly, I've seen better plywood on a packing crate. I took this product from it's packaging, laughed at it and chucked it straight in the bin. All in all a 2 quid lesson learned.

TST/PG99 Tyre Pressure Gauge TUV/GS Approved
TST/PG99 Tyre Pressure Gauge TUV/GS Approved
Offered by DOUBLE TEE TOOLS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kit, 4 July 2013
This is the best tyre pressure gauge I have ever used and well worth the 10 quid spent. I usually struggle with pressure gauges to get them to seat properly and so let loads of air escape while taking readings but find this one really easy to use. I don't know if it is the size, weight or some other factor I just know that I am getting an instant seal on the valve and getting an accurate reading with this where I would be struggling with others I have used.

The gauge seems really well made and comes in a plastic case. It's a great piece of kit.

Thai Foot Massage Stick (x 3)
Thai Foot Massage Stick (x 3)
Offered by Stop4Shopping

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, 13 Jun 2013
These were just what I was looking for as I am learning Thai Foot massage at the moment. Arrived really quickly and they are absolutely brilliant.

Royal & Langnickel large area brush goat hair wash set - pack of 3 brushes
Royal & Langnickel large area brush goat hair wash set - pack of 3 brushes
Offered by Quickdraw Stationery UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Brush for the price, 12 May 2013
It has been a couple of months since I purchased these brushes and I have subjected them to daily use. The small one is looking a little dog eared but the two larger ones are still going strong. For watercolour work I have found that they keep their bristles remarkably well for such a cheep brush. I've even used the large one for applying exhibition varnish with no ill effects, with brushes this cheap you don't need to be worried about spoiling them. You really can pay more and get less, double thumbs up.

Scimitar Black Leather Executive Zip Boots Size UK 7 / EU 41
Scimitar Black Leather Executive Zip Boots Size UK 7 / EU 41
Offered by CISSBURY RETAIL

5.0 out of 5 stars The do it all town boot, 26 Mar 2013
This is my 2nd pair, the first I got from a shop in Bolton donkeys years ago and used them almost every day since for both every day wear and going out in the evening, they really are a do it all, comfortable and well made town boot. I absolutely love them.

Mens Fur Fleece Lined Black Leather Twin Zip Ankle Boots Hard Wearing Soles UK Size 7
Offered by surf4shoes Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boots apart from sizing, 15 Dec 2012
After wearing these boots for a week they seem very comfortable and well made. The leather looks like it will last - there is a grain to it and to my untrained eye it looks good quality. The zips are made by YKK so they too should go the distance. Overall I am really impressed with these boots.

The only fly in the ointment is that there is a very big difference in the size between the left and right boot: the left fitted snugly straight out of the box but the right needed 2 insoles sandwiched together to make it fit. I am sure that I don't have strange shaped feet as this has never happened to me before!

If you can live with the sizing issue then these are great boots and I can see myself buying this brand again.

How to Draw Horses
How to Draw Horses
by John Skeaping

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Printing, 1 Dec 2012
This review is from: How to Draw Horses (Paperback)
OK so this was a reprint so I wasn't expecting too much but this book fell short of even those low expectations: it looks like someone has just photocopied it and stuck on a flimsy cover. Some of the drawings are whited-out so that some of the lines have totally disappeared. At least one drawing has been cropped so that half the horses head is missing. This book should be a couple of quid not the 8.75 it cost. For that money the closest this book got me to horses is the feeling that I've had a run in with Dick Turpin.

Inglenook Heavy 28" Black Fire Guard With Chrome Ring
Inglenook Heavy 28" Black Fire Guard With Chrome Ring
Offered by Home Discount Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars nice but damaged, 1 Dec 2012
The guard is a perfect fit for our fire. It's plain but functional. I would have given it more stars but it arrived dented along the corners of the mesh at the top, this could have been due to the currier throwing the thing over the side gate when he delivered. I took the dents out using a spoon rather than returning the thing because of its bulk.

Squeak by Example
Squeak by Example
by Oscar Nierstrasz

4.0 out of 5 stars A whistle stop tour of squeak, 15 Dec 2010
This review is from: Squeak by Example (Paperback)
If you want to get up to speed with squeak quickly then this is a great book. At under 300 pages it is more of a whistle stop tour than a reference manual. I used this book in conjunction with "Learn Programming with Robots" and the two seemed to go well together. There doesn't seem to be a great many up to date squeak books out there and this seems about the best of a limited choice, although its a bit light for my tastes.

Page: 1 | 2