Profile for Phil > Reviews

Corsair Builder Series CX 500 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Unit
Corsair Builder Series CX 500 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Unit
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

5.0 out of 5 stars PC up and running again, 24 Nov 2013
Replaced a dead 350W Power supply in my 5yr old Dell Studio 540 MT PC. Worked first time (once I had corrected one of the cable mistakes I made). Fairly quiet in operation. Bought this make after looking at reviews. Couldnt find this in my local shops and only a handful of any Power Supplies at all. Arrived at the expected date, used Express delivery. Very pleased.

XL Motorcycle Motorbike Water Resistant Dustproof UV Protective Breathable Cover Outdoor Red/Black w/ Carry Bag
Offered by CN tip-top

3.0 out of 5 stars Blew away after a week, 24 Nov 2013
Seemed OK, fitted well. Secured by a strap but still the wind took it away, never to be seen again.

Q-Connect KF3461 Envelope C4 115gsm Self-Seal (Pack of 250) - Manilla
Q-Connect KF3461 Envelope C4 115gsm Self-Seal (Pack of 250) - Manilla

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 24 Nov 2013
Same as many of the Manilla C4 envelopes around. Would have liked it to be a little bit stronger but seems to do the Job OK.

Alphosyl 2-in-1 Medicated Shampoo
Alphosyl 2-in-1 Medicated Shampoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shampoo for Psoriasis, 25 Aug 2013
Chose this shampoo after I could not get my usual Polytar liquid (shampoo) that I had used for many years for my scalp Psoriasis. I checked with my doctor that it was OK to use as it had a higher percentage of tar in it compared to Polytar liquid, he said yes.
Well I was surprised to find it quite nice to use, without the tar smell of Polytar liquid (shampoo). I did not follow the instructions of shampoo, rinse and shampoo again. I just shampoo once and rinse (same as I did with the Polytar liquid). I use it daily and it has lasted me three months, has had same amount of control of my scalp psoriasis as the Polytar liquid. Really pleased with this shampoo, will not be going back to Polytar. May try following the recommended two shampoos process in the future.

Morphy Richards Accents 48702 Sear and Stew Slow Cooker - Red
Morphy Richards Accents 48702 Sear and Stew Slow Cooker - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Great slow cooker, 21 May 2013
Really pleased with this slow cooker. Looks nice and works a treat.
The ability to take the inner pot out and use it first on the cooker hot plate for searing etc is very useful.
Cleaning is also very easy by taking the inner pot out. Made some nice meals with this slow cooker, so convenient to load up in the morning and leave to cook. This size of cooker is probably best for 3 to 4 people, The receipes included in the slow cooker instruction book maybe could be improved. The challenge is to find a good slow cooker recipe book for beginners that consists of easy, simple meals using just basic ingredients.

Philips HQ56/50 Super Lift and Cut Replacement Shaving Head Unit
Philips HQ56/50 Super Lift and Cut Replacement Shaving Head Unit
Offered by berlin foto

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product but expensive, 19 April 2013
After buying replacement Phiips shavers for some years I now find that I can no longer obtain the smaller electric Philips two head shaver. They are no longer made. The new Philips rotary shavers are three heads and so much larger in size. I thought the cost of replacement shaver heads (pack of 3) at £25 was excessive (dearer elsewhere) but decided I had no alternative if I wanted to continue with a two head shaver. Ordered on a Monday and arrived at the end of the week (Super Saver delivery). Found it straight forward to replace the two heads. Shaver now back operating as new. Have saved the unused 3rd head for the future. Pleased that I replaced the heads despite the cost.

James Wellbeloved Adult Turkey and Vegetable Kibble 10 kg
James Wellbeloved Adult Turkey and Vegetable Kibble 10 kg
Offered by Pet N Pony

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 19 April 2013
Our dog has a skin allergy hence special diet. These biscuits were recommended by the vet and agree with our dog. Always order through Amazon as best price so far and reliable delivery to our door.

Reykjavik, pocket guides, 4th
Reykjavik, pocket guides, 4th
by Thomas Cook Publishing

3.0 out of 5 stars A fair overall guide to Reykjavik, 4 Feb 2013
Bought this compact guide as well as the larger, more comprehensive DK one (Top 10 Iceland).
This was more of a small interesting read containing some useful information.. Having now been to Reykjavik I would have settled just for the DK one. This is because if you go to Reykjavik you will no doubt take in some tours to other places and be in need for a more overall and comprehensive guide to the surrounding areas and places to visit.

Norton Internet Security 2010 - 1 User 3 Computers (PC CD)
Norton Internet Security 2010 - 1 User 3 Computers (PC CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 9 Jan 2010
Bought this to replace my NIS 2009 that had come up for renewal. I never buy an upgrade or renew online due to previous experiences where I have encountered problems. I always buy the new full NIS release at a good price and then install it, went like a dream, no problems at all. Very happy with it, does not seem to slow down my PC (one year old), reliable.