Profile for arby > Reviews

The Legend of Bernie: with the Foxey factor
The Legend of Bernie: with the Foxey factor
by Alan Bernard

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy readable, 16 Feb 2014
Highly improbable and enjoyable flights of imagination with unbelievable sequences make this a titter experience. Really a collection of short stories with Bernie the link as he progresses through life. The background characters provide stability and re-appear to add familiar body to the plots. There are belly laughs aplenty.. Very very enjoyable.

Mulholland Dive: Three Stories (Harry Bosch)
Mulholland Dive: Three Stories (Harry Bosch)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bosch, 3 Feb 2014
Can't go wrong with Harry. Can't go wrong with Michael Connelly. As always a great combination and of course great Kindle value.

Kingavon BB-PG150 Portable Gas Cabinet Heater
Kingavon BB-PG150 Portable Gas Cabinet Heater
Offered by Vinsani (UK Seller)

3.0 out of 5 stars Emergency, 3 Feb 2014
I got this so that I can cook (gas BBQ) and keep warm when our political masters fail to provide energy. The BBQ and heater both use the same size Gas container. Reckon I might survive a few months.
Only threestars because I hope I will never use it.

From Word to Kindle: Self Publishing Your Kindle Book with Microsoft Word, or Tips on Designing and Formatting Your Text So Your Ebook Doesn't Look Horrible (Like Everyone Else's)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very technical., 3 Feb 2014
A wealth of Word information. Probably far more than I need. I've bookmarked sections for future reference.

As with all matters Kindle, the author tries to cover all contingencies and all equipments. I was able to skip through many sections of no relevance to me..

Good effort.

First Thrills
First Thrills

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: First Thrills (Kindle Edition)
Three short stories and very good reads. Great value.

It was interesting to note that even at the quality level of these esteemed authors, there were typos and formatting issues. Quite cheered me up.

The Year that Crime Paid: Escapades of a Singular Thief
The Year that Crime Paid: Escapades of a Singular Thief

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy enjoyable read, 16 Jan 2014
I did wonder how the hero was changing into a thug yet was still able to moralise. The ending made the title a bit obscure.

A light hearted read, heavy on thinking and planning and light on action.

Createspace & Kindle Self-Publishing Masterclass: The Step-By-Step Author's Guide to Writing, Publishing, and Marketing Your Books On Amazon
by Rick Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Swerves from fiction to non-fiction, 16 Jan 2014
Half way through some descriptions and advices, I discover that the author is talking about non-fiction. As a potential novelist I do not need advice on bullet points and tables. On the good side I have saved 5 bookmarks as reference points. I read the book in one go.

How to Self Publish: A Guardian Masterclass (Guardian Shorts Book 43)
How to Self Publish: A Guardian Masterclass (Guardian Shorts Book 43)

3.0 out of 5 stars Very complicated, 16 Jan 2014
As with many of the helpful self publish books I have read, they veer into complications I do not need. One day I may find a simple booklet on how to put my finished MS into the Kindle. That's all.

GTECH HT05 Cordless Hedge Trimmer 14.4v Lithium Ion Battery
GTECH HT05 Cordless Hedge Trimmer 14.4v Lithium Ion Battery

4.0 out of 5 stars New Best Friend, 24 July 2013
Very pretty first impression! After a quick trot around the front and back gardens I had sculpted a green blob into a sort of cup, and created twin square pillars of spruce that had previously sprawled across an arch. My wife decided I had a new best friend.
The crunch came next day when I tackled a 20 metre hedge about 6ft on my side and 8ft on a footpath. When I hit my first unfore seen twig jam I decided that such blind and heavy work would damage her and stopped.
I guess the NBF will become a welcome tool for all the shrubs and brambles and convolvuli, and any work I can see but blind work would be cruel.. She is to be a manicurist My perfectionist.

Pleased to own her.