Profile for Steve > Reviews

Steve

Kenwood FP580 2-Speed Food Processor - White
Kenwood FP580 2-Speed Food Processor - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain. Excellent food processor, 6 Aug 2012
I bought this after much deliberation, and ended up paying a little more for the extras that came with it than the nearest competitor. I was initially disappointed with the blade as it didn't look sharp, but since I thin proceeded to nearly cut my finger off with it I concede that first impressions were wrong.

The whisk looks a bit flimsy and fragile but it does work well, and all other functions are close to perfect. The grater pulls through the last bit of carrot when grating, and its not ideal for grating onions, but I have not yet found a food processor that will do that using the grating wheels. Its no worse than any of my previous models at that.

Its a sturdy machine it feels well built, and I like the locking mechanism and set up. Its a big bowl, much bigger than I am used to which is a major plus as is the lid which you fit on to stop liquids from escaping (this is separate from the top of the food processor. Lots of cool features such as a measuring cylinder concealed in the top. Overall an absolute steal for the money. I paid around £54 for it, reduced from £119. At that price Ill forgive them for not including a spatula.

Fellowes Crystals Gel Mouse Pad/Wrist Support - Purple
Fellowes Crystals Gel Mouse Pad/Wrist Support - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 21 Nov 2011
I bought the accompanying keyboard pad separately and it was so good I bought the mouse pad. Excellent quality and its sure to last, and I haven't has RSI problems since I have been using it. First rate product. highly recomended

I Love Curry
I Love Curry
by Anjum Anand

4.0 out of 5 stars I love Curry, 23 Jan 2011
This review is from: I Love Curry (Hardcover)
I love curry, and have been making it since I was about 11, so its fair to say that I am quite an experienced curry cook. I was bought the book for Christmas, and made a couple of recipes, and it inspired me to buy it for someone else. The recipes are modern, and tasty, and so far, I have really liked what I have made, and she does explain some tips very well, which has improved the way I make curry.

So why only four stars then?

My only major complaint would be that the quantities are sometimes a little small especially if you don't make more than one curry. Anjum's definition of a curry is a stand alone main course dish, yet, say, the Keralan pork curry, whilst delicious, only has 100g of meat per person. My family likes to eat more, especially when it tastes so good! Some of the chicken ones seem a little small too, so when it says serves 4-5, I would say if you have 5 people, you will certainly need another curry, and even 4 hungry people would need more, certainly in my house!

Overall its a great book with good recipes, and I am glad I have it. I have done most of the meat curries and accompaniements in the book now, and have no complaints about the food, they all taste great, and it is a lot more modern than many of the curry books I have bought.