Profile for JohnW > Reviews

Plasplugs Contractor Plus Electric Tile Cutter
Plasplugs Contractor Plus Electric Tile Cutter
Offered by Red House Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 28 Mar. 2014
Absolutely cracking piece of kit, really pleased with it... Don't bother looking around for alternates, just buy it, it does the job.

If You Leave...
If You Leave...

2.0 out of 5 stars instantly forgettable, 17 May 2013
This review is from: If You Leave... (MP3 Download)
The previous album "Alone" was mesmerising. I've listened to "If you Leave" several times now, but I just can't find anything that grabs me in the same way. Nothing much to dislike about this album, but unfortunately nothing to light any fires either.

VonHaus PREMIUM Slim TV Wall Bracket for 33 - 60 inch LCD, LED & Plasma TV. Super-strength Load Capacity up to 75KG, 15 degree Tilt mechanism up/down, Max VESA 660x450
Offered by Domu UK

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, buy it., 29 Oct. 2010
Excellent quality product.
Does exactly what it's supposed to.
Great value for money.
Job done.

NETGEAR GS608UK 8 Port Gigabit Desktop Switch
NETGEAR GS608UK 8 Port Gigabit Desktop Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 8 April 2010
Took it out of the box, powered it up, connected it to my LAN ... haven't thought about it since.

That's the way it should be :)

Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black
Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely works with 2G iTouch, 29 Jun. 2009
I originally bought one of these back in March and had to return it because it didn't charge an iTouch.

I can definitely comfirm this new model does the business.

It also produces SUPERB sound.

Rotary Soil Sieve
Rotary Soil Sieve

1.0 out of 5 stars Pointless, 5 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Rotary Soil Sieve
Unless you intend sieving stuff that is bone dry you are going to need biceps like Popeye, a VERY large amount of time to waste and the patience of Jobe.

Essentially this is a metal sieve with a thin rotary bar that you rotate around through the compost. In all attempts I have tried using this thing to sieve compost (we have lots to try with!) the bar just pummels damp compost into the grill of the sieve resulting in the grill blocking up, my arm aching and me getting p'd off,giving up and going back to a good old standard garden sieve.

The picture is actually fairly accurate ... the amount of sieved compost underneath the rotary sieve is about equal to the maximum I have ever managed to achieve before giving up because I'm knackered.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2013 1:14 AM GMT

i-nique Topcoat 'Full Face' Enhanced Crystal Clear Screen Protector Kit For (Apple ipod Touch 1st/2nd/3rd Gen 2G/3G)

1.0 out of 5 stars P&P £3.95!!!!!!!!!!!, 26 Nov. 2008
Stupidly I bought this item using one-click, so I never got to see the P&P charge before I ordered.

These ridiculously high P&P charges for tiny items like this screen protector are rapidly turning me off of buying through Amazon.

I suggest you consider the true cost of this item (i.e. £4.99 + 3.95 => £8.84) before ordering from this supplier. £8.84 for a little strip of clear plastic can not be good value no matter how much its hyped.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2008 8:34 PM GMT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this, 24 April 2008
I stumped up (no pun intended) my £150 inc p&p for this net.

What arrived was a piece of netting, four tent poles, a bunch of guy ropes and some tiny tent pegs ... nothing like the net in the picture, no horizontal poles across the top to hold the thing in shape, just four tent poles, one for each corner.

Its not what is in the picture, its not worth £150, its not fit for purpose.

Don't buy it.