Profile for Mr. J. M. Patton > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. M. Patton

Mr. J. M. Patton (Harlech, Wales, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
100ft Expanding Garden Hose Pipe with 7 Function Spray Gun and Garden Tap Connector - Specially Manufactured to a higher Tough Specification - Inner Hose is Strong Double Latex, Outer Hose is Rugged Polyester Silk Webbing - Expands up to 3 Times its Original Length - Lightweight and No more Kinking - Shrinks like Magic for Easy Storage.
Offered by Coventry Retailer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, great customer service and a great product, 21 Jun. 2016
This product is less expensive and much uch better than my 'X'hose. Previous reviewers had commented about leaky joints. I connected mine correctly and have no leaks at all. The hose expands and contracts with ease. The hose offers a choice of jet spraying patterns that work well.
The product was despatched to me promptly and arrived sooner than I had expected. Great customer service, great value for money and a great product

End to End Cycle Route: Land's End to John O' Groats (Cycling) (Cicerone Guides)
by Nick Mitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy your ride and I hope this account of my experience is of help to you., 3 Jun. 2016
I have just returned from LEJOG and used both Nicks guide book and GPX downloaded turn-by-turn directions from Cicerone onto my bicycle Sat Nav.

Congratulations to Nick on the well researched route that thankfully avoided many very busy roads. From studying the guide book there were occasions when it would not always be possible to travel on quiet roads . For that reason I planned my day of departure from Lands End to be on a Wednesday. This resulted in me travelling through Bristol on a Saturday ( avoiding the school run and workers commutes) and in Scotland I was able to cycle along the A82 to Inverness, along side Loch Ness on a Sunday. I thus cycled without the dangers of sharing a narrow road with logging lorries and other commercial vehicles.

I did make the mistake of not following Nicks advice about booking a room in the Runcorn holiday Inn ( which is so conveniently located alongside the route) having found somewhere less expensive to stay in in Runcorn which (a) was awful and (b) miles away from the route. So my advice is - follow Nicks guidance ! The best place I stayed at was a B&B in Scotland at Altnaharra which is mentioned in Nicks book that is owned by a delightful couple who provided a 3 course evening meal that was both welcomed and wonderful. When I reached John O' Groats for the traditional signpost photo I then cycled back to the Castle of Mey for a value for money celebration pot of tea and Queen mothers chocolate cake, before cycling downhill to the quiet and clean railway station at Thurso 20 miles away for my train home.

The GPX downloads worked very well and the story of my ride can be found at harlechjoe.wordpress.com.
Comment Comment | Permalink

AVENUE VERTE: London to Paris by Bike - official guide to the 345 mile / 550 km route between the London Eye and Notre Dame
by Richard Peace
Edition: Spiral-bound

1.0 out of 5 stars I returned the book to Sustrans. In addition to the other reviewers comments regarding content, the text size needs to be larger, 25 Dec. 2015
A missed opportunity

Casio PQ30B-1 Compact Digital Beep Alarm Clock, Black
Casio PQ30B-1 Compact Digital Beep Alarm Clock, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 11 Feb. 2015
A super little travel clock - easy to use, keeps great time and the alarm function wakes me from deep slumbers

Microwave Fleece Wheat Bag - Assorted Colours
Microwave Fleece Wheat Bag - Assorted Colours
Offered by LANGTREES

3.0 out of 5 stars its Okay, 11 Feb. 2015
It is a bit long and takes more than the recommended minutes to heat up in the microwave - but take care as overheating presents a burn or even a fire risk

On My Own Two Wheels: Back in the Saddle at Sixty
On My Own Two Wheels: Back in the Saddle at Sixty

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 11 Feb. 2015
Being of the same age and someone who feels that Ireland is a gem for touring cyclists, this book is human and humorous

Eagle Creek Pack-It Half Cube box order black 2014
Eagle Creek Pack-It Half Cube box order black 2014
Offered by Fox's Outdoor

5.0 out of 5 stars These work for me, 11 Feb. 2015
This is really great. I now have 4 half cube pack-it boxes and use them on my cycling adventures. They avoid rummaging inside panniers for items and are an enormously helpful way to organise clothing and reduce creasing.

Bike Handlebar Secure Mount for TomTom ONE V4 V5 XL XXL IQ ROUTES XL v2 CLASSIC including (all models that use round Easyport Mount) - Exclusive to DiGiShop
Offered by digi-shop

5.0 out of 5 stars A practical solution for Tom Tom user cyclists, 11 Feb. 2015
The handlebar mount arrived on time, was easy to fit and holds the Tom Tom securely in place

Mid-life Cyclists
Mid-life Cyclists

5.0 out of 5 stars A great story, 27 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Mid-life Cyclists (Kindle Edition)
Easy to read, highly amusing and human. I hope that Chris and Neil continue writing about their cycling adventures -

Cycle Touring in Switzerland: Nine Tours on Switzerland's National Cycle Routes (Cicerone Guides)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful guidance, 11 Dec. 2014
I am planning a cycle holiday to Switzerland and this guide offers great directional and sightseeing advice

Page: 1 | 2 | 3