Profile for sarahtoes > Reviews

Content by sarahtoes

sarahtoes

Requiem (Delirium Trilogy 3)
Requiem (Delirium Trilogy 3)
Price: 3.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Great story, but expected better..., 14 May 2013
I enjoyed the first two books so much I bought this at the ridiculously expensive kindle download price.

Although the writing was amazing I felt let down that every other chapter was from Hanna's POV. I wanted to hear more from Lena, Alex and Julian. I know there is a separate short story all about Hanna but having not read this I don't have much empathy with her. The story of Lena's struggles in the Wilds is so colourful and exciting it was a disappointment to stop and go back to Hanna's dull life. I felt a bit shortchanged as though I only read half a book!

I was also surprised at the ending which I felt was rushed and didn't tie up all the loose ends. Perhaps the author has done this for a reason and we might be expecting book number 4......

Torn (Torn Series)
Torn (Torn Series)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written rubbish, 17 April 2013
If I could give this minus stars I think I would.
It was poorly written with no depth to the story to grip the reader. The characters were undeveloped and one dimensional which meant I couldn't relate to any of them or understand why they took the actions they did.
Chloe's under privilaged background was mentioned at different parts within the story when she seemed to tell Drake the same information over and over again, but it had no relevance to the story. Her attempted rape was ridiculous with Chloe almst forgetting it happened a short while after! The whole book just didn't ring true.
I think the author wanted to write a book and ended up publishing a load of fluff!

In short, with so many good, cheap Kindle reads out there - don't waste your money reading this rubbish!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2014 10:50 PM GMT

Beautifully Damaged
Beautifully Damaged

1.0 out of 5 stars Seriously?, 21 Mar 2013
Did I read a different book?
How this has managed to achieve so many 4 or 5 star reviews is beyond me!
It was poorly written, too many spelling and grammer mistakes to have ever been edited.
The characters were shallow which made it difficult to understand their motivation or where the story was headed.
The book could have been half as long if the main characters (can't even remember their names now) didn't keep staring at each other, analysing their depth of feeling and declaring their love for each other.
The main storyline is rushed and confusing with the introduction of so many characters toward the end of the book I wondered if I had skipped part of the story!
Really, this is not worth the effort or the money!

Perfect Chemistry
Perfect Chemistry
by Simone Elkeles
Price: 5.24

4.0 out of 5 stars real sweet, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Perfect Chemistry (Paperback)
I really enjoyed reading this book.
It was well written and well edited! I've read many of these recently where it looks like there is no editor involved.
Good, fast paced story with likable, well developed characters.
The romance between Alex and Brittany builds slowly and realistically until yay, they are finally together.
Well worth the money!

Crash
Crash
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Heart Hugging story, 29 Nov 2012
This review is from: Crash (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. It was well written,so full of tongue twisting one liners that I laughed out loud. Jude and Lucy were both believable and likable characters. Loved the zip scene in the school closet!
This was no Beautiful Disaster but don't let that put you off. The scenes between Jude and Lucy are so heartfelt and honest this is a wonderful story about young love.

So why only 4 *s? (SPOILER ALERT) Well, even though this was a great love story and Jude was extremely protective over Lucy, I couldn't understand how he would let her go out with Sawyer for six months, especially when he knew what Sawyer had done. This just didn't seem to run true with Jude's character.

The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window
The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window
Price: 1.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, 27 Nov 2012
Okay, so I'm only giving this 4 *, which is a bit of a surprise as I have read this within 24 hours, only stopping for a couple of hours of shut eye, kids to school, walk the dog etc. However, this is a critique so want to praise the good whilst I hit the lows. I read this straight after the authors new book "Always You" which I have to say I loved. However, the storylines of both books are very similar which is a bit of spoiler. Boy lives next door to girl who he has loved all his life but girl doesn't know, girl then falls in love with boy, blah, blah... Does that sound too mean? Similarities aside, this is a great book which keeps you hooked until the very end. It is a really sweet love story between two very likeable characters. A few too many "puppy dog eyes" and "pouty" mouths (do teens really do all that?) but well worth reading if you want to stay up late with your chocolate bar and good ole love story!
A few grammatical errors - author gets stuck with which tense she is using. Also, a few missing words. Needs a good edit but you can read around these mistakes and even add a few words in yourself (as long as its not pouty or puppy dog!)