Profile for Nixonm_2000 > Reviews

Nixonm_2000

Fire and Ashes
Fire and Ashes

5.0 out of 5 stars Searingly and refreshingly honest, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Fire and Ashes (Kindle Edition)
I read this book while researching hubris in leaders. I think it's one of the best things ever written on the subject, and shows a very disarming sense of the author's own known limitations. Ignatieff writes brilliantly and I finished the whole book in a couple of sittings. His plea at the end is I think very timely; we need to have people continue to enter politics for the right reasons, and as an electorate to be less cynical or disappointed in those who take on democratic leadership roles. So far it's my book of the year. A pleasant antidote to other apologia you may read from less grounded pols.

Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater
Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater
Offered by Data Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it said it would, 15 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater (Accessory)
This worked as promised out of the box. I used the "manual" setup. Very simple. Plug it in and turn on. Use a Pc or iPad or whatever and "find" a new wireless signal it is broadcasting called Repeater. Then my iPad went to the right page to select the network SSID I wanted to repeat and enter the access password as you normally would to register a new device. Works well and has provided good signal where needed. I may hAve to move it round to optimise signals, but so far big thumbs up.