Profile for Alex > Reviews

Complete 30 Piece Professional Screwdriver Set for Apple MacBook Pro
Offered by Precision Direct
Price: 19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit late 2012 model Macbook Pros, 26 Jun 2013
Later MBPs, including the retina ones from 2012, use a 1.2mm pentalobe on the bottom case and this set only comes with a 1.5mm one, so you'll need to find something else if you have a more recent Macbook Pro.

Canon PIXMA MX895 All-In-One Colour Photo Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax)
Canon PIXMA MX895 All-In-One Colour Photo Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax)

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent machine as long as you know its limits, 6 Jun 2012
I bought this to replace a very ancient inkjet printer and a Canon scanner and it does pretty much as advertised. I haven't tried everything on it yet but my first impressions:

It's quite big and takes up a fair footprint so be aware of that when thinking about where to put it, it does stick out at the back a little but it's not massively oversized.

It can take a while to get the first printed page out after a cold start.

The duplex scanner function is quite reliable (one of the major reasons I bought this particular machine) but don't expect great speeds out of it. If you're happy to load it up and walk away then you'll be fine.

Although it supports IPv6 you can only have either v6 or v4, you can't have a dual stack. I'll admit I'm probably the only person in the world that cares about this though.

My biggest complaint though is that you're pretty much dependent on having a PC switched on in the house to scan to. I'd hoped that the "scan to email" function would work standalone and I'd be able to send my paperwork straight to Evernote, but sadly not. It's strange that considering it has got a built-in web server and can talk to Google cloud print all it can do is start Outlook on a PC somewhere with the scan pre-attached.

For the money I think you get a pretty good deal and I'm happy I bought it, I just hope that one day Canon can fix that extra 10%.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2012 7:46 AM BST

TeckNet - iPhone Charging Sync & Music Dock for iPhone 3G, 3GS - Black (protective case need to be took off before docking)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, but..., 3 Feb 2010
With my iPhone 3GS there is a gap between the bottom of the phone and the top of the dock which means the phone wobbles around a bit when in. It's not the end of the world as it still makes the connection ok but I wouldn't buy another one.