Profile for Dag Kyndel > Reviews

Content by Dag Kyndel

Dag Kyndel "Kottebo" (Stockholm, Sweden)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Wagner: Götterdämmerung
Wagner: Götterdämmerung

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 30 Sep 2011
As one reviewer here says, the orchestra in the Decca Ring was favoured -- something that, in this Götterdämmerung, made Mme Nisson very angry. In her memoirs she states that this imbalance between orchestra an singers has been corrected when the recording was remastered for CD, and I think she was right about that. Magnificient singing, magnificent orchestra playing, magnificent conducting: A true classic and for me a natural first choice, the Böhm Bayreuth version from 1966/67 (originally on the Philips label) as the second one!

Standing At The Edge [Us Import]
Standing At The Edge [Us Import]

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice voice, nice texts, nice music, 27 Sep 2011
I do listen more to classical music than pop, but I have come to like Stratton's music as it is presented here on what I think is his debut album. In fact I like it so much that I would not be without it. A clever musician, an appealing, high voice, somtimes the texts are a bid sad, but they are clever (and included in the text leaflet).

Verdi: Otello
Verdi: Otello
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Something of a surprise, 27 Sep 2011
This review is from: Verdi: Otello (Audio CD)
Barbirolli's conducting is outstanding. James McCracken is the most heroic Othello I have heard, at times more so than Vickers. Gwyneth Jones sings Desdemona most beautifully, without any disturbing vibrato. A wonderful interpretation. This is, I think, a possible first hand choice. (I should perhaps add that I don't owe the CD-version, but still uses my old LP:s. The sound is very good, but I cannot value the sound quality of the CD transfer).

Anne Sofie von Otter - Home for Christmas
Anne Sofie von Otter - Home for Christmas
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh, I just love it!, 23 Sep 2011
This is the best christmas record I have heard. Beautiful songs, known and lesser known in a perfect mix. Only the song "Koppången", given both in Swedish and English is worth the price of the disc. I can promise, you will not be disappointed if you chose this as your only CD for Christmas. (It has had an enormous success all over the world, one of Miss von Otters most sold records).

Alceste
Alceste

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of this edition, 20 Sep 2011
This review is from: Alceste (Audio CD)
This recording was made when Mme Flagstad was very ill in tonsillitis. She later regretted that she didn't have the courage to postpone the sessions. She herself says in a memoir that her illness could be heard - and it can, all that velvet beauty in her voice is gone. Try the Eclipse version of this work with Flagstad in wonderful form and - on disc 2, side 2 - a little pleasant surprise! There is also her farwell performance from the MET in this opera out on Walhall; I have not heard it as yet, but I suppose it's a good one.

Ricky Martin: One Night Only [VHS]
Ricky Martin: One Night Only [VHS]
VHS
Offered by pkeylock

4.0 out of 5 stars Very short, 20 Sep 2011
This live recording gives us a very good picture of the artist but it is much too short, only a 45 minutes. That's why I don't give it 5 stars.

R Strauss: Daphne
R Strauss: Daphne

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot be bettered, 15 Sep 2011
This review is from: R Strauss: Daphne (Audio CD)
Just a few words: This recording is unapproachable. Everything is perfect, singers, conductor, sound. Towering over all her collegues is Hilde Güden, making what possibly is the performance of her lifetime.

Schumann: Frauenliebe und Leb
Schumann: Frauenliebe und Leb
Offered by samurai_media_JPN4UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this, 12 Sep 2011
This was recorded late in Dame Schwarzkopf's career. It met some severe criticism and the singer herself did not want it to be rereleased on CD. I am fond of this composition and think it's an enchanting performance. I can not understand the critics. I love this. Basta.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2013 11:54 AM GMT

When Everything Breaks Open
When Everything Breaks Open

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 12 Sep 2011
Nice singer, fine voice, nice music, something to listen to when taking a rest or failing to sleep... His calm voice make you relax.

Saint
Saint
Offered by EliteDigital UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Mystification, 12 Sep 2011
This review is from: Saint (Audio CD)
Behind this mysteroius title "Saint" hoovers Simson and Delilah with Vickers, Gorr etc. - and only one disc with excerpts!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12