Profile for Daddy Rat > Reviews

Content by Daddy Rat

Daddy Rat

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Merriam-Webster Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms (Dictionary)
The Merriam-Webster Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms (Dictionary)
by Merriam-Webster
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what it claims to be., 10 Jun. 2015
This has been another highly disappointing experience which goes hand in hand with my experience of the "Oxford dictionary of synonyms and antonyms". I thought that by buying two at the same time - one would at least be good - sadly this was not the case.This book - like the other - provides very little indeed in the way of antonyms - the basis of which provide ideas for various writing exercises/projects. This book is sorely lacking in achieving its objective as advertised on the front cover and I am surprised it even passed for publication. Like the other book- I shall not be complaining to Amazon or sending it back - I'll simply donate it to a local school where it may find a use in assisting school children below the age of 10. Don't waste your time or money on this book. Disappointment isn't a nice feeling as I'm sure you will agree.

The Oxford Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms (Oxford Quick Reference)
The Oxford Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms (Oxford Quick Reference)
by Oxford Dictionaries

2.0 out of 5 stars A Very Misleading Book., 10 Jun. 2015
This book is very disappointing. As an aspiring writer I found that it does not do what it says on the tin which is to provide an array of antonyms to the synonyms I search for. It is in effect a very basic dictionary with very little thought and consideration given towards the antonyms (which they call "opposites") they profess to provide. Also, not every word in the book comes with an "opposite" even though I could think of some myself - this evades the entire exercise - and illuminates the limited intelligence of the authors. To quote just one example - when looking up the word "Enormous" - the only "opposite" they provide is the word "Tiny". Nothing else. They couldn't think of small/minute/little/miniature etc. This has been a highly disappointing experience. The book's claim to be a dictionary of synonyms and antonyms is misleading and should, in my view, be removed from publication. I'm not going to bother sending it back or complaining to Amazon - I'll just give it to a local school where it may find a purpose in assisting school children below the age of 10.

The Art of Questioning: Thirty Maxims of Cross-Examination
The Art of Questioning: Thirty Maxims of Cross-Examination
by Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special., 19 May 2015
This book was a little disappointing. Its very small in size too - like one of those old western books that were around in the 70's. Its mainly full of stories and examples from past cases. If you are interested in cross examination or litigation, there are better books out there.

AURAGLOW 10w Remote Control Colour Changing LED Light Bulb B22, Super Bright Warm White Dimmable Version - 2nd Gen - AG176
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful glowing bulbs !!, 19 May 2015
I bought two of these bulbs at a cost of £38. Most people would freak out at spending that much on two lightbulbs - but it has turned out to be a very good investment into my feelings and emotions which I think is worth more than anything else. I have a bay window in a studio flat and have two lamps sat on the window sills either side of the main window. As soon as the bulbs arrived I put them in and couldn't wait for it to get dark. The little remote was in my hand ready to go. At 10pm I switched them both on and what a glowing surprise I got. Literally. The entire windows behind the curtain were awash with colour. I was amazed. They look beautiful. The colour choices are nice too, although I tend to stick with blue. The remote works through the thin curtains and so I don't even have to leave my chair to switch them on or off. The coloured light is soothing and very relaxing and they also look gorgeous from the outside too - which is something else I wanted to achieve. Instead of having plants - I have interchangeable remote control coloured bulbs that wash the entire window with lovely vibrant colour. They make me feel good and arouse my positive emotions. They really do look amazing and I know they seem to be expensive, but you get what you pay for in this world and if you want good quality, these are the ones to go for. I would highly recommend them as they appear to be very well made and a nice design too. I love them so much, I will soon be ordering another two for inside my cosy little studio flat. Any questions? Feel free to ask.

iGadgitz Pink EVA Hard Case Cover for 2.5" USB Portable External Hard Drives (Case Internal Dimensions: 11.3cm x 8.3cm x 1.8cm)
Offered by iGadgitz

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it !!, 19 May 2015
Beautiful hard case for my little baby hard drive. Fits perfectly. Nice smooth feel to it. Has a little carry handle and is well designed and made. I would highly recommend this case, but then again I would...because I love it so much...I've bought three in total and wouldn't buy another brand.This is the one. It's lovely.

New Durable Men Boys Alloy Gold Plated Tone Simple Necktie Tie Pin Clasp Clip
New Durable Men Boys Alloy Gold Plated Tone Simple Necktie Tie Pin Clasp Clip
Offered by highqualityforyou

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Tie Clip., 19 May 2015
Beautiful little tie clip. Very attractive and functional. Nice design. Nice size. I like it. Good price. Does the job. Looks pretty.

She Who Dares Wins: A Woman's Guide to Professional and Personal Success
She Who Dares Wins: A Woman's Guide to Professional and Personal Success
by Eileen Gillibrand

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book for girls who may need a confidence boost !, 19 May 2015
I bought this book for a young girl who was very unhappy in her job. I haven't read it as I am not female. Upon glancing through the pages, it did appear to be a good pick me up for young women and I got the impression that it was like a directional arrow for young females who might feel a bit lost in life. It is an old book, written some twenty years ago, but I'd say it was a good start and a good initial book to read before progressing onto further material written more recently. The title says it all...so....if you're a girl or young woman....Go For It. There's lots in this book for you to lerarn and discover and the exercises look like fun too.

Austerity
Austerity
by Kerry-Anne Mendoza

5.0 out of 5 stars You absolutely MUST read this book !, 19 May 2015
This review is from: Austerity (Paperback)
What an AMAZING book. I couldn't put it down. If you're interested in what's currently going on in our beloved England - you have to read this book. Kerry Anne Mendoza goes into avid detail into why we are where we are and provides excellent insight into the reasons why. You'll be mesmerised by her stunning and articulate prose which is unashamedly directed at those who are to blame for the mess we are in. The more people that read this book, the more awareness will pervade through our society. Kerry is absolutely 100% spot on with what she writes and it is nice to see that someone has made such an effort to write such a detailed and well researched book. Well done kerry - we love you.

WD My Passport Ultra 2TB USB 3.0 Portable Drive with Auto and Cloud Backup - Blue
Offered by Box Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Cute !, 19 May 2015
What an amazing piece of kit. 2TB of hard drive space. Lovely. Now I can download to my hearts content and not worry about any spillover. The design is beautiful. Its compact and cute and has a nice short lead to go with it. As its USB there is no need for any external electrical cables - it just plugs straight into your laptop wherever you are and away you go...you're in business. Cracking !!! I love it and so will you if you need mega hard drive space.

The Tools of Argument: How the Best Lawyers Think, Argue, and Win
The Tools of Argument: How the Best Lawyers Think, Argue, and Win
by Joel P. Trachtman

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING and Fascinating book !!!!, 19 May 2015
This is an AMAZING book written by a professor of law who is clearly experienced in the art of litigation. The insight the book exhibits will provide for a highly fascinating read for anyone interested in the art of argument. The author sets out the many ways in which the same subject can be argued from differing angles and goes into depth with regard the many tools that can be used to accomplish this. I was so fascinated by this book, I am going to read it again and it will remain prominently on my book shelf as an excellent resource for when the next argument shows up in my life. I have found that our ability to argue equals our ability to survive in this world.. If you're ineffective at defending yourself the world will push you around. If you learn to stand up for yourself and fight back through the mechanism of elegant litigation, you can make the big bad wolf step away from your door and leave you in peace. This book will show you how to make a good start along that trajectory. In learning how to formulate good arguments, I have also made and saved money. I must admit, it is rather nice to enjoy an expensive cappucino seated on a veranda somewhere...knowing that your adversary has paid for it. I am neither a lawyer nor a student of law - just an ordinary guy interested in learning how to develop and defend arguments better than most people I will ever meet. In all litigation there is a case for the prosecution and a case for the defence, this book will help you in drawing your proverbial sword. If you're like me, you'll love this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5