Profile for Charlie B > Reviews

Content by Charlie B

Charlie B (Birmingham, England)

Yoga For Stress Relief [DVD] [2008]
Yoga For Stress Relief [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Barbara Benagh

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, 31 Oct. 2012
Perfect! Lots of menu choices and gentle sections to suit me. Love that you can work on specific body parts eg. Neck and shoulders or lower back. Would recommend to anyone starting or getting back into yoga.

God Works for Me Now
God Works for Me Now
by Jacqueline Ann Blakeway

5.0 out of 5 stars An honest and mind blowing account of love and control, 4 April 2008
This review is from: God Works for Me Now (Paperback)
I originally purchased this book as I knew the author through her therapeutic work and was curious about the content. I wasn't prepared for the story that unfolded and couldn't put it down until I knew how Jacky's trauma ended.
Her direct and poignant script made me feel I was in the experience with her; I found myself tensing at the prospect of her partner's entrance and unpredictable behaviour. The start of the book introduces the reader to a sample of her partner's delusional rantings; the seeds are sown for the darkness which follows. This is not a book to dip in and out of, unless you have no curiosity or compassion, it compells you to read every last word in an attempt to find answers to this tragic situation.
Anyone struggling to understand why victims of domestic violence stay in relationships should read this book. Jacky was manipulated and controlled by 'Jai' on many levels and was rendered powerless by him. She had many strengths and abilities, yet this relationship nearly destroyed her. Jacky's account reminds us how vulnerable we ALL are; physically, mentally and spiritually. This is a book I will never forget. I wish Jacky and her family a more peaceful future and look forward to the next publication.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 8, 2008 4:18 PM BST