Profile for Dimitris > Reviews

Dimitris (Malta)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset for PC/PS4/Mac/Mobile - Black
HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset for PC/PS4/Mac/Mobile - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars A rebranded QPAD-H90 - Top choice for its price!, 11 July 2014
''Stereo vs 5.1/7.1''. ''Gaming headset vs music headset with a separate mic''. ''Wired vs Wireless''. Most of the people who spend more than 50£ on a headset to play their games will try to answer the above questions so they can get the best possible experience for the money they have available to spend. I fit in the category of those who prefer a clear stereo sound headset accompanied with a great sound card. Since my budget is not very high I prefer a wired gaming set which will serve my acoustic gaming needs for the next 2-3 years.

Till the very late moment of my decision, I was between highly reviewed gaming headsets, proven in time to be great for their sound, features and durability. I was a bit sceptical to choose a totally new product from a company with zero experience in gaming headsets. Things started to clear up in my mind, when I found out that Kingston chose to do their first step in gaming headsets in partnership with QPAD, which is already a well-established brand in gaming headsets market and in gaming gear in general. WHAT THEY DID NOT MENTION though, is, that Kingston HyperX Cloud is a rebranded QPAD-H90 with only 2 minor differences; Kingston includes additional pair of velour (suede-like) earcups & an aeroplane jack adapter. Addition to these, you will find HYPERX cheaper than H90. Even if you’re not really excited in the idea of a rebranded gaming headset, bear in mind that QPAD uses Beyerdynamic technology so quality will be top notch for this price tag.

Packaging feels premium for the money you pay and all components and cables inside are well packaged sitting in their own foam position. It is surprising that manual is missing but at least you can download it from Kingston's website. Alongside the 1m braided wired headset, you get the following extra:

i. a black travel bag, ii. a detachable boom mic, iii. additional pair of velour earcups, iv. a 2m not braided cable extender, v. an optional in-line volume-mic controller, vi. a two to one 10cm smartphone cable adapter that will allow you to use it with your smartphone and vii. an aeroplane jack adapter.

Black is the main colour while red accents can be found on HYPERX (HX) logo, on the stitching on the headband and inside the alternative set of earcups. I love the way they choose to colour the main product and its accessories but its something subjective and since there are no other colour options available you may be disappointed.

In terms of performance , with 53mm drivers you will absolutely enjoy bass in games and movies, although you may find it a bit tight. All kind of sound effects, like explosions or shootings sound perfectly to your ears and with its stereo sound you will certainly be able to recognise...''where this enemy unit is coming from''. These are not audiophile friendly music headset but certainly the rest of us will enjoy the low-mid-high tones in the mp3s we love. This headset feels pretty comfortable over the ears; I used them for 8 hours continuously playing BF4 and they rock! Of course you cannot expect them to be sweat free when your gaming activity environment is over 25 degrees of Celcium. Its solid aluminum built promises durability but this is something I will be able to fully confirm in the months to come.

↑ Sound quality
↑ Price
↑ Comfort
↑ Lots of accessories

↓ Rebranded headset

- Missing colour variety
- Missing manual
- Only the main headset cable is braided

Verdict 4/5
If your budget is around 60£, this is the best gaming headset you can get. Its sound quality, comfort and the tons of accessories you get makes it a top choice and a great value for your money. Of course, some may be disappointed, due to the fact that this is a rebranded QPAD gaming headset; I understand your concern if you had a QPAD-H90 before and there is absolutely no reason to get HYPERX Cloud. For the rest of you out there, this stereo baby will serve your gaming acoustic needs extremely well! One star loss for the rebranding is not enough for me to change my recommendation!

TW Steel Unisex Quartz Watch with Black Dial Chronograph Display and Black Leather Strap TW821

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Quality Watch for both formal & casual style!, 9 July 2014
TW Steel is a watch brand that has grown a lot over the years. Their aggresive marketing strategy and the sturdy and beautiful oversized watches they released put them among those quality companies who create affordable elegant watches .

After reading some reviews regarding the quality of these watches, I decided to buy the one I was in love with for quite some time now. 50cm case was a prerequisite for me since I love oversided watches and I can t wear any smaller than 50 on my wrist many years now. I m wearing it on my wrist 5 months now and I m extremely satisfied with it!

This watch features a 50mm case with black coating and reinforced mineral crystal sits on the fine brushed finished case. The dial is black, set with grey numbers which unfortunately do not luminate! There are 3 subdials showing seconds, 24hour clock and up to 60 minutes in stopwatch while a small swuare ''window'' below the right subdial shows the date. Movement mechanism is a Miyota OS20 which is a very reliable bulletproof movement. A black good quality leather strap with pin buckle is attached to the case which looks and feels great on your wrist. Of course leather may not be the best strap in a hot sunny weather but bear in mind thaty this is not a watch to wear going to the beach.

You can start/stop the chronograph stopwatch by pressing the top right button; bottom right button is used to reset it. Crown is covered by a screw-in crown cap which is attached to the case with a hook. Crown can be used to change time and date and although its very small its really accurate enough. It is marked as water resistant at 10ATM but I wouldn t advise that you use it underwater.

↑ Sturdy built
↑ Precision chronograph
↑ Great look and feel

↓ Missing illuminating hands

- Crown is small

This is great looking watch which won t go unnoticed. If you like the look, you will love the feel of it. If you are one of those who never had an oversized stylish watch and don t want to spend a fortune on a U-Boat for formal or casual times within your day, this watch won t dissapoint you.

Corsair CC-9011047-WW Obsidian Series 250D Windowed Mini-ITX Performance Computer Case - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The mini-ITX Pc case King is here!, 8 May 2014
It took me a while considering rebuilding my PC! I m a mini-ITX fan and I hate anything which is not compact and stylish! I know that for many of pc casual users, gamers or even some pc enthusiasts, this is not one of the key assets to keep in mind when you want to choose a pc case, but for me, it is crucial!

I pull the trigger only when I do my extensive search regarding this type of form PC cases while also checking desirable & compatible components. For details regarding the components I use (cpu, motherboard, graphics card etc.) you can have a look at the very bottom of this review.

I received this case well protected within a big square cardboard box. It comes with a manual, although not a detailed one, 3 small bags with screws and some zip ties. The case is compact with a wonderful cubic design.It is a premium aluminum case with no comproises whatsover. Everything around it is well connected in a perfect harmony and the look and feel of an already build PC with this case, definetely will make your friends say ''WOW''!

The case is fully dustproof since it holds 4 dust filters; two on the side panels, one in front and one below the psu. It has a removable window on top which makes your case looks really sexy, especially when you have your favourite leds inside! It can hold one 140mm or 200mm fan in front, two side120mm on the side and 2X80mm fans at the back. Included you will find one 140mm and one 120mm fan which you may find fairly adequate. Please note that included fans are not pwm fans!

Motherboard sits horizontally which I do love and you can fit inside an up to 30mm graphics card (Corsair mentions up to 29 but I ve seen people fitting a toxic (!) inside). Full size PSU is supported, sitting comfortably below the motherboard. Thumbscrews are used for side panels, front panel, graphics card, hard drives and psu backplates for easy access.

Its worth to add that this case is 100% compatible with Corsair H100i cpu water cooling system although there is no compatibility with H105. If you decide to mount the H100i like I did, please note that in front your only choice would be a 140mm fan since 200mm does not fit. Also be aware that some graphics cards like Asus GTX 780 or Asus R9 280x may not fit, or ife they do, their heating pipes touch the window and there is a danger of melting!

In terms of ventilation, this case is absolutely perfect! You can mount up to 5 case fans, while you also have ventilation holes in side panels (one side panel ventilation helps graphics card cooling) , in front of the case and below the power supply unit!

This case, with the right components can be as silent as you want, unless you re running Crysis on an AMD graphics card on Ultra settings!

↑ Great Quality Case
↑ Ventilation options
↑ Fully dustproof
↑ Standard Windows panel

↓ Fans included are fairly adequate for cooling your PC
↓ Not enough space for some really hign end branded graphics cards

Level -
- Manual is not well detailed

My Pc components:
- Corsair AX760 PSU
- Corsair H100i liquid cpu cooler with Corsair pwm Performance fans at the side
- Noctua 140mm pwm fan in front
- Be Quiet 80mm pwm fan at the back

Corsair (VS1GSDS533D2) 1GB DDR2 533MHz/PC2 4200 SODIMM Laptop Memory CL4 - Lifetime Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable RAM from a respectable brand!, 27 April 2014
My brother need to upgrade his Ram on his 6 years old laptop he is using with Linux Mint. There is only one option when you re thinking of cheap and reliable RAM to upgrade your old systems, and that is Corsair.

There are not many things to say, except the fact that it does its job and it comes from a very reliable RAM manufacturer. Of course, out of thousands of RAM sold, there will be a small percentage of defect ones, but thats what Amazon great service is for, right?

If RAM specs are correct get it, you won t be dissapointed!

PROS:
+ Reliable manufacturer
+ Comes in a well protected plastic package

CONS:
- It should have been cheaper

OVERALL:
If RAM specs are correct get it, you won t be dissapointed! Still working like a charm since Jan 2013

Philips HD4646/75 Daily Collection Kettle - White Plastic/ Blue accents
Philips HD4646/75 Daily Collection Kettle - White Plastic/ Blue accents

4.0 out of 5 stars A budget value for money kettle that does its job!, 27 April 2014
Our previous kettle died suddenly after 3 years so we had to replace it with an efficient budget one. Even though we use this appliance twice per day, I never thought of paying more than £30. For that reason, I always end up comparing 4-5 budget well branded appliances and get the one who may give me more value.

This kettle does it! Its efficiency & simplicity are its main great assets! Boils water fast, even if you need to boil just one cup. Although noticably noisier than many kettle it can boil water in a minute! Its base rotates 360° which is pretty handy for left and right hand people and there are level indicators on both sides. You can fill the kettle via the spout or by opening the lid.

Cleaning is easy; there is a washable anticalc filter that you can remove and plastic can be washed with a wet cloth. I also suggest to descale the kettle using white vinegar by following the instructions below:
1. Fill the ketlle with water up to three-quarters of the maximum level and bring the water to the boil.
2. After the kettle has switched off, add white vinegar (8% acetic acid) to the maximum level.
3. Leave the solution in the kettle overnight.
4. Empty the kettle and rinse the inside thoroughly.
5. Fill the kettle with fresh water and boil the water.
6. Empty the kettle and rinse it with fresh water again.
7. Repeat the procedure if there is still some scale in the kettle.

We keep on using it since January of 2013 without any issues! Although very confident that it will keep on working like charm, I will update the review in case of faults or leaks!

PROS:
+ Great Price (within price range of £20-25)
+ Easy cleaning
+ 360° rotating base with indicators in both sides

CONS:
- Noisier than other kettle in the market
- On/off light indicator absense

OVERALL:
Its been 16 months since we bought it and its still efficient since day one! Just remember to descale it at times when boiling takes more time (twice per year is fine) and this little baby will work just fine for you! For the price you pay, its a very good value kettle!

Apple Ipad Air Wi-fi + Cellular 16gb MD794NF/A
Apple Ipad Air Wi-fi + Cellular 16gb MD794NF/A

5.0 out of 5 stars Air, is the best available tablet in the market today, 11 Nov 2013
Since Apple announced the iPad Air and the new iPad mini I trully wanted to get my hands on these. Unlike the new iPad mini, the Air is available for anyone who wants to upgrade from the previous generations iPads or get an Apple tablet for the first time. I already own the 4th gen iPad , but I couldn t miss the newer edition for anything in the world, now that I knew it was lighter and more powerful.

No offence to the Android community, this iPad is hands down the best tablet in its category. Continue reading below and some of you may agree with me. :)

The latest generation of iPad, the iPad Air, took its name because of its weight and its form factor in general. Apple decided to reduce the weight and the bezel around the screen, managing to create a bigger...ipad mini. A sleek design of aluminum, packs a 9.7 inches display with the same retina resolution as the previous ones. The colours look alive and the photos look crispier as ever. The screen is responsive in every command without glitches or lagging; after all i can t remember of any Apple touchscreen product that ever had lagging issues.

Rear camera remain the same while the front camera is packing a 1.2 MP lens recording in 30fps. For some the same rear camera and the lack of a flash is a drawback while for others it doesn t matter at all. Personally, I would enjoy a flash on the iPad Air since there are moments I use it in darker environments where I want to take photos or record a video. Also, the lack of the slow motion recording that the iPhone 5s camera packs is a thing that its missing and will be probably added in the next gen.

In terms of audio quality, Apple added stereo speakers on this device, although you won t enjoy stereo surround when you hold the tablet in landscape since both of the speakers are located on the bottom side of the tablet. I think that not only iPad Air but tablets in general didn t do huge leaps improving sound quality.

Apple claims that iPad Air is twice as fast as the previous generation and believe me, it is! The new 64 bit A7 is really fast! Before I sell my beloved and long used iPad 4th gen I had the chance to compare them side by side. The difference in terms of speed is huge, while the battery holds the same 10 hour efficiency. iOs is operating beautifully under this new beast and free iWork & iLife apps is a welcome addition for any new owner of iPad air.

One of the biggest let downs is the lack of the touch id that is supported in iPhone 5s. Why do tablet owners always have to wait for next generation to get features which already exist in the latest smartphones? The technology is there and they can use it. For the money that iPad Air cost, they should have packed Touch id! Period!

PROS:
+ Lighter & smaller
+ New faster 64 bit A7 chip
+ Free iLife & iWork suite

CONS:
- No rear camera improvement
- No Touch Id

OVERALL:
Besides the drawbacks, this is the best tablet available in the market at the moment. If you love Apple's ecosystem, go for it. If you ve never been a part of it, this is your best chance!

*Forgot to mention: iPad Air is available in 16 flavors in total -> wifi & wifi + 4g X 2 colours (silver & space grey) X 4 storage options (16,32,64 & 128 GB ). Personally, I prefer the space grey colour and for my needs the 16 GB - wifi + 4G. What about you?

Apple Ipad Air Wi-fi + Cellular 64gb MD793NF/A
Apple Ipad Air Wi-fi + Cellular 64gb MD793NF/A

PROS:
+ Lighter & smaller
+ New faster 64 bit A7 chip
+ Free iLife & iWork suite

CONS:
- No rear camera improvement
- No Touch Id

Apple iPad Air 64GB Wifi and Cellular ( 4G ) Silver MD796B/A
Apple iPad Air 64GB Wifi and Cellular ( 4G ) Silver MD796B/A
Offered by redhatelectronics

PROS:
+ Lighter & smaller
+ New faster 64 bit A7 chip
+ Free iLife & iWork suite

CONS:
- No rear camera improvement
- No Touch Id

Apple iPad AIR WI-FI 64GB MD790FD/A 64 GB 1024 MB 9.7 -inch LCD
Apple iPad AIR WI-FI 64GB MD790FD/A 64 GB 1024 MB 9.7 -inch LCD
Offered by Wowcamera

PROS:
+ Lighter & smaller
+ New faster 64 bit A7 chip
+ Free iLife & iWork suite

CONS:
- No rear camera improvement
- No Touch Id

Apple iPad AIR WI-FI 128GB 128 GB 1024 MB 9.7 -inch LCD
Apple iPad AIR WI-FI 128GB 128 GB 1024 MB 9.7 -inch LCD

PROS:
+ Lighter & smaller
+ New faster 64 bit A7 chip
+ Free iLife & iWork suite

CONS:
- No rear camera improvement
- No Touch Id

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4