Profile for Chewie > Reviews

A Turkish Cookbook
A Turkish Cookbook
by Arto der Haroutunian

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Jun. 2015
This review is from: A Turkish Cookbook (Hardcover)
So glad this classic has been re published by Grub Street. Best meatballs ever!!!

As the mood takes me
As the mood takes me
by Glenn Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliantly original poetry from the heart, 24 Jun. 2015
This review is from: As the mood takes me (Paperback)
Fiery, gutsy and not for the fainthearted at times, brilliantly original poetry from the heart, loved it!

Sweets & Desserts from the Middle East
Sweets & Desserts from the Middle East

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book!, 4 Nov. 2013
Just received my copy of this stunning book, full of great recipes and photos. Looking forward to making some of these recipes when people come to visit over the Christmas period, especially my favourite ghorayebah which I remember from my childhood as being AMAZING! Ideal present for food lovers with a sweet tooth!

The Yogurt Cookbook
The Yogurt Cookbook

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking book!, 8 Aug. 2011
This review is from: The Yogurt Cookbook (Hardcover)
This is a cracking little book by this amazing late author. Packed full of recipes and photos that get the juices flowing! I didn't realise how versatile yogurt was before I got this book, but believe me i haven't stopped using yogurt in my cooking since! A must buy!

North African Cookery
North African Cookery

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant release!, 19 Aug. 2009
This review is from: North African Cookery (Hardcover)
Having enjoyed the previous two releases by this author I had no hesitation to pre order North African Cookery without reading any reviews!! Packed full of recipes that are easy to follow, flavoured with history and anecdotes. Fantastic tagines and stews have helped introduce me to a part of the world that I knew little of before now! This is another fantastic book from the author and the publishers Grub Street and I have no hesitation recomending this book!

Middle Eastern Cookery
Middle Eastern Cookery

5.0 out of 5 stars Original Classic!, 11 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Middle Eastern Cookery (Hardcover)
Having recently bought the author's Vegetarian Dishes from the Middle East I am delighted to add this latest book to my collection. It's packed with many classic recipes that i am sure will complement those i have already made from the Vegetarian book. Both books look amazing and the format is easy to follow. I can see why this book was considered to be one of the classic books of its time and im not suprised it has been reissued by Grub Street.

Vegetarian Dishes from the Middle East
Vegetarian Dishes from the Middle East

5.0 out of 5 stars This book saved my life!, 28 Oct. 2008
This book has saved my life! I always struggle when I have my veggie friends round for dinner to find something different. But this book has given me so many ideas I'm going to have to have more dinner parties!