Profile for Mrs. Sophie Green > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Potty Training In One Week
Potty Training In One Week

4.0 out of 5 stars potty training, 8 April 2009
This book stresses that your child must be ready for potty training before you start the programme. The book is short, clear and easy to read and I'm looking forward to trying it out on my 2 year old this summer.

The Contented Toddler Years
The Contented Toddler Years
by Gina Ford

5.0 out of 5 stars So you think the baby stage is difficult?!? Try toddlerdom!, 8 April 2009
Gina's book calmly guides you through the developmental stages that your child will follow but also prepares you for the inevitable effects on behaviour that these developments can have - eg tantrum, sleeping difficulties and feeding problems. This book goes beyond others however as it also provides quick practical tips on how to deal with everyday battles like teeth cleaning, dummy addictions and instilling good manners and social skills. The book also provides help on the arrival of a new baby - an issue that often occurs when the first is around 1-3 years! I can't recommend this book enough. Quick, practical help for every problem you are likely to encounter.

Eating Myself
Eating Myself
by Candida Crewe

3.0 out of 5 stars Very sad, 4 April 2008
This review is from: Eating Myself (Hardcover)
I found it very sad to read about someone's obsession with food. If this book prevents anyone else from going down this road then it is a good thing I guess.

Good Mother, Bad Mother
Good Mother, Bad Mother

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I'd read this before having a child, 4 April 2008
I found this book really touching. I read it from cover to cover in one night and will definitely re read it. Its very well written and helped me understand some of the issues I faced in the first year of motherhood. It was also very moving hearing about the author's own childhood experience. I felt it gave a balanced, sensible view of motherhood and parenting. I can't stress enough how much I enjoyed this book.

Splash! Splash!: A Lift-the-flap Story Book
Splash! Splash!: A Lift-the-flap Story Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good book, 8 Feb 2008
Really lovely and colourful with good textures for little fingers to feel. My baby loves it and has really got to know the characters from reading the series of books.

Animal Babies: A Lift-the-Flap Book (Ella & Tom Lift the Flap Book)
Animal Babies: A Lift-the-Flap Book (Ella & Tom Lift the Flap Book)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book for babies, 8 Feb 2008
These books are the perfect size and shape for little hands! Its really rewarding to see how quickly your baby learns how to open the flaps and they are well made and sturdy so will last well. Lovely and colourful and a good introduction to animal words.

The Contented Child's Food Bible
The Contented Child's Food Bible
by Gina Ford

5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs a infant dietician when you have this book!, 7 Feb 2008
I have had nutritional problems with my baby and this book has been more useful than a one on one appointment with a paediatric dietician. I view myself as fairly well informed on nutrition but I learned tips that I had never come across before in this book - especially advice for fussy eaters and pregnant women.

Really interesting - I'm impressed.

Let's Play: A Touch and Feel Book (Touch & Feel Book)
Let's Play: A Touch and Feel Book (Touch & Feel Book)
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 15 Nov 2007
Its a good thing I like this book and its good quality as I must have had to read it 20 times a day since we got it with my 11month old! He adores it!

Going on a Picnic: A Lift-the-Flap Book (Touch & Feel Book)
Going on a Picnic: A Lift-the-Flap Book (Touch & Feel Book)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas Present, 15 Nov 2007
A really nice, colourful book! The flaps are stronger than the ones you find in other series. Definitely would make a great Christmas present especially combined with a touch and feel book from the series.

Sleepy Time: A Lift-the-Flap Book (Touch & Feel Book)
Sleepy Time: A Lift-the-Flap Book (Touch & Feel Book)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bed time story with Dad!, 15 Nov 2007
My husband has really enjoyed being the one to introduce bed time stories to our little boy and this has proved the perfect book! Its so sweet to see them snuggling up together!

Page: 1 | 2