Profile for Debora Bosch > Reviews

Content by Debora Bosch

Debora Bosch "Debs79" (UK)

New Allis 7PCS Baby Ex Large Nappy Changing Bag Backpacks - Red
New Allis 7PCS Baby Ex Large Nappy Changing Bag Backpacks - Red
Offered by MotherandBaby

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy and poor quality materials, 15 Feb. 2015
I bought this bag to replace my old one. This time round I wanted one of better quality that wouldnt wear as quickly as the old one (and hopefully lasts longer than 1 baby). I was impressed with the backpack feature and also keen on it having little metal feet to prevent it wearing from underneath. When it arrived it became quickly apparent that the materials used wouldnt satisfy my expectations. The canvas and zip feels flimsy and the fake leather edging didnt fill me with confidence, hence its going back.
shame about the postage to return it, more than 1/4 of the buying price.
Disapointed.

Economy Washable Bed pad / Protector with Tucks
Economy Washable Bed pad / Protector with Tucks
Offered by Complete Care Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars for baby's bed, 6 Mar. 2013
being familiar with that kind of equipment through my work I bought it for my baby's cot. Works well, hard wearing and a lot less to wash as if using a waterproof mattress cover and a fitted sheet.

Moby Wrap Solid, Chocolate
Moby Wrap Solid, Chocolate
Offered by icolor

5.0 out of 5 stars makes life so much easier, 6 Mar. 2013
bought the sling without trying but don't regret it as it is just what we had looked for. Both hubby and I use it since our girl was 2 weeks old. Very nice material, comfy to wear, very competitive price and our little Miss (now 13 weeks) loves it. After a short period of getting confident (right positioning and how to wrap it) I would always prefer it to a push chair. A lot less to carry when going out (I had a hospital appointment after my c-section and I wasn't allowed to carry the car seat or push the push chair but the sling and public transport were the answer) and you can get on with work in the house without feeling guilty of "parking" baby somewhere. Also just read an article on spine development within the first year and it just wants me to use the sling more. Baby learns while it is with you, the muscles in baby's spine get strengthened through the movement, much better for baby's hip and it creates a much closer bond between baby and parent. Only wouldn't recommend it while handling hot stuff (ironing, cooking, eating over baby's head) other than this: ace!

Baby's Very First Book:Faces
Baby's Very First Book:Faces
by John Fordham
Edition: Rag Book

5.0 out of 5 stars just the right thing, 6 Mar. 2013
our little girl (13 weeks now) loves this book, it goes everywhere we go. Its easy to attach to the push chair or as addition the the baby gym. It needs to be held open, though as our girl can't grab it just yet. But she loves looking at the patterns and the mirror and entertains herself with it as well as listens when hubby or I "read" from it. Highly recommended!

PILLOW PLEASURE (TM) BIG C U MATERNITY SUPPORT PILLOW WITH COTTON CASE
PILLOW PLEASURE (TM) BIG C U MATERNITY SUPPORT PILLOW WITH COTTON CASE
Offered by Pillow Pleasure

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfy but not the best quality, 16 Oct. 2012
I ordered the pillow with just about 20 weeks into the pregnancy as I struggled to get comfortable at night.
Reviews said it was quite big so I was little concerned as we only have a double bed. Delivery took little longer than hoped for, but since it arrived I have hardly spent a night without it (I'm 33 weeks now)
Pros:
*very comfortable
*big, but not too big for us in our double bed (Hubby calls it the "man replacement pillow" but secretly snuggles up to it, too)

Cons:
*gets flat and floppy very quickly
*cover quality rather poor

I had hoped to use it as some sort of cot pumper for the first few weeks once baby is born but there is no chance that it would fit (120x60mm size cot).
Now I'm hoping to use it while nursing and to keep baby from rolling off the sofa.

Pioneer X-SMC3-K Home Audio System
Pioneer X-SMC3-K Home Audio System

3.0 out of 5 stars Similar issues, 2 Jun. 2012
I bought the stereo primarily because I was looking for one that could play all the music on our network storage device, and then the Internet Radio was a bonus. iPod dock not required, nor FM radio. CD player would have been nice but we're not paying an extra £100 for the privilege. Bluetooth would also have been preferred instead of some proprietary protocol only supported by certain devices and applications, again it is available as an option which I'm considering.

The wireless set up is easy and means that you don't need to place it near to your router or have a spare ethernet port. It plays Internet radio really well and is a good feature. However, when I tried to play from our network storage I discovered the dreaded hangs, described in other reviews. Maybe foolishly I'd bought this item thinking "probably pioneer have fixed it by now", or "maybe only 25% of them have problems and I'll be fine". Also I thought it might have been only Airplay that caused problems. I've not tried playing music using a LAN cable which may improve matters but I find that it hangs after about 3 songs and the only thing to do is pull the plug on it. So aside from the hanging issue..

If you have a large library then it is very slow to browse through them as you can only scroll through the albums from A-Z or Z-A, you can't jump in by pushing button 5 and getting to 'm' say. The speakers are adequate for a large-ish room and probably even a small party, but if you like to get the walls shaking then the bass starts distorting at about 75% of max volume, so although loud you'll probably only get the table shaking.

The truth is, to play network music in your living room the alternatives are a TV or a laptop, both of which are more expensive. We do have a laptop but want decent speakers without trailing wires, I do wonder if a wireless speaker system may have been as good. You'll have to weigh it up for yourself.

The Pursuit (Special Edition)
The Pursuit (Special Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed, 11 Dec. 2009
Here he throws in more other styles, which I usually like. A few songs, like "Wheels" and "You and me are gone" are good,yet overall I find it rather boring. Got the CD just when it was released and didn't listen to it more than 10 times so far. Perhaps it needs a little longer for me to like it.
For now I'd say it can't compete with the 2 previous albums.