Profile for Ian Dempster > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Sonic the Hedgehog Radio Controlled Car with Lights
Sonic the Hedgehog Radio Controlled Car with Lights

3.0 out of 5 stars Not tough enough for my kids, 10 Mar. 2013
This lasted 30 minutes with my children. One accidently stepped on it and a tiny piece of plastic in the steering mechanism snapped off. I tried to repair it, but the plastic doesn't take glue well. Having spent 2 hours trying to fix it, I could see that the steering mechanism is really very fragile. A good designer would have put steel in those few critical parts - but then I guess it would have cost more. So, it seemed good when it worked, but ultimately just a little week for my kids. Not totally the product's fault - it was not made to be stepped on, but with a tiny bit more design thought...

The Ultimate Bourne Collection: Identity/Supremacy & Ultimatum [DVD] [2007]
The Ultimate Bourne Collection: Identity/Supremacy & Ultimatum [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Matt Damon

5.0 out of 5 stars What a ripper, 9 Jan. 2013
I like these so much better than the Bond movies. It is great action without being totally overboard. Well worth getting.

The Karate Kid/The Karate Kid Part 2/The Karate Kid Part 3 [DVD]
The Karate Kid/The Karate Kid Part 2/The Karate Kid Part 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ralph Macchio
Offered by Under the Odds

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 9 Jan. 2013
The whole family loved all 3 movies. I had read a number of reviews saying the 3rd movie was no good, but I found it equally as good as the others.

A Monster in Paris [DVD]
A Monster in Paris [DVD]
Dvd ~ Adam Goldberg

1.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment, 7 Dec. 2012
This review is from: A Monster in Paris [DVD] (DVD)
My wife and I found this woeful. The animation was fantastic and it started off well, but the story was all over the place and it dragged on and on. The 3 kids watched it and weren't fussed about it. We live in Paris and I was hoping there would be an additional connection for us - there wasn't. I love many animated films - the Incredible, Kung Fu Panda, Up, Toy Stories and Ratatouille, but this one just tried too hard. Damn -the kids' school just had a holiday bazaar and I forgot to sneak it into the donation box.

ECCO Track II, Men's Lace-Up Shoes
ECCO Track II, Men's Lace-Up Shoes
Price: £137.86 - £161.95

4.0 out of 5 stars I love these shoes, but ....., 1 Dec. 2012
I had a pair of these for years and they were great. But I have a high instep and I had to originally to a size up so they weren't to tight across the top of my foot. But they always felt too long, and I had to wear thick socks to take up space. When they finally wore out, I ordered new ones with my normal size, but again they were too tight across the top. With much disappointment, I returned them. I'm still searching for something as good. Fantastic shoe, just not for me.

Varta Power Accu 3000 mAh Ready2Use Rechargeable D Batteries - 2-Pack
Varta Power Accu 3000 mAh Ready2Use Rechargeable D Batteries - 2-Pack

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much power, 1 Dec. 2012
I ordered these to power the LCD screen of an exercise machine. They last a half hour session before they need recharging. The non-rechargeable batteries lasted at least 5 hours. They feel as they have no 'stuff' inside them - they weigh the same as normal AA batteries and less than half of normal D batteries. It is no wonder they can't hold a charge.

OXO Soft Works Salad Spinner
OXO Soft Works Salad Spinner
Offered by home_essentials

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 1 Dec. 2012
It dries the lettuce well. I was a little surprised at first that it wobbled so much and that I had to hold it while it was spinning, but that is fine. The spinning mechanism works well, although occasionally it gets stuck for a second, but always releases itself. Now when I buy a lettuce, I chop it up and wash and dry it straight away, then put it in a container for easy use. I eat a lot more salad, thanks to this device.

Cole & Mason Inverta Flip Acrylic and Chrome Salt and Pepper Mill Gift Set, 15.4 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Great innovation, 1 Dec. 2012
I love how they don't spill stuff in the pantry. They look good and they grind very well. I think they are my favorite s&p shakers so far, especially for the price.

Character Building HM Armed Forces Commando Army Builder Pack
Character Building HM Armed Forces Commando Army Builder Pack
Offered by Mytoyfactory

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 9 April 2012
These are a good change from lego. I bought them with the HM Forces tank, and the kids have spent many hours playing with them.

Doctor Who Hm Armed Forces Challenger 2 Tank Set
Doctor Who Hm Armed Forces Challenger 2 Tank Set
Offered by Mytoyfactory

5.0 out of 5 stars Great change from lego, 9 April 2012
My three young boys love this (5, 7, 9). They are always making tanks from lego, so they were so excited to have something that is really a tank.

The quality is great - maybe not as perfect as lego moulding, but not far off. During the building, it is a bit difficult to hold it all together, but it is strong when completed.
I used super-glue to hold the rims onto the wheels, but apart from this, it is well engineered and has withstood dozens of battles.

Page: 1 | 2