Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Jon The Nice Guy" (Manchester, UK)

Sycamore (Near-Future Dystopia)
Sycamore (Near-Future Dystopia)
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars An abrupt end spoiled a good book., 24 Dec 2013
I really enjoyed this until the last 10% when I realized that there wasn't enough pages left to finish the story, especially with a late and unexpected twist. It felt a little like there was going to be a sequal. I felt a little disappointed as it felt like I was being given problem without a solution. I probably won't buy from this author again.

The Russians Came Knocking (A Josh Glassman Book)
The Russians Came Knocking (A Josh Glassman Book)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 July 2013
I've been reading the AGAHF webcomic for a couple of years now, and this book fits into the mythos and ... well, everything perfectly. This is the best of "A Digital Divide" (by the same author) with a strong James Bond feel and shot or two of the soft-core.

All in all, I'm looking forward to whatever comes out next - Digital Divide pt. 2 or Josh.

Oh and the squirrels... still nothing on Speedy (a tip to the other AGAHF fans)

Strike a Pose (Secret World Chronicles)
Strike a Pose (Secret World Chronicles)
Price: 0.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly disappointed - it's an extract from the first full book, and isn't described as such!, 6 May 2013
I bought this book having read the first full book (Invasion: Book One of the Secret World Chronicles), and was disappointed, as I'd already read this chapter. It would be good if this was labelled as such, then I wouldn't have minded so much.

Like other reviewers, as a standalone chapter, there's not much to explain what's going on. Why would the person who speaks the last line say it? Why would they even be there? Nope, nothing. Why are they even there? What is the point of this scene? To be honest, even in the full book, this chapter is a bit of an odd-ball. Oh well, it was only 99p I guess.

Pay Me, Bug!
Pay Me, Bug!
Price: 2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: Pay Me, Bug! (Kindle Edition)
I have to agree with another reviewer on here - it's a great non-military piece of speculative Sci-Fi. It reminds me a little of the Spinward Fringe series of books. I'm really hoping the author continues the series, as he's created an excellent world here.

Degrees of Freedom: Metrozone Book 3
Degrees of Freedom: Metrozone Book 3
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The series just gets better and better, 8 Jun 2011
Initially, I was somewhat sceptical. A good review for the first book, and a birthday gift voucher inspired me to pick it up. Before I'd even finished the first book, I'd pre-ordered the second and, well, the third was a no-brainer.

If you're a fan of the Cyberpunk 2020 RPG game (from the '90's), then you'll be wanting to read some of this. If you like Halting State by Charles Stross, chances are, you'll enjoy this.

A post-apocalyptic London, the protagonist is a Russian genius slowly becoming a cyborg (one major injury at a time), with a gun-toting, ex-nun for a wife, and his best mate is an AI (and is buried in a bunker). Mix in right-wing nutters in the good ol' USA wanting to bring hell-on-earth to anyone not in the US (especially when there's an AI on the loose), well, that's one hell of a combination.

If I was looking for any failings in this book, it's that there's just too many women prepared to throw themselves at the Sam (the main character)... especially considering how much of his body is failing!