Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "saira" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
How to Control PCOS in 12 Weeks: What You MUST Do to Deal with Infertility, Hair Growth, Acne, and Weight

4.0 out of 5 stars Good...But Could Be Better, 22 July 2014
An overall clear and concise guide on PCOS and practical tips you can implement to help reduce your symptoms. I only gave this 4 stars because I would have liked to see something on supplements, juicing and alternative therapies to help, as well as some solid advice on how to deal with the acne and the hirsutism while your body is recovering...A good overall introduction to the problem with some excellent advice.

How to Eat: The Pleasures and Principles of Good Food
How to Eat: The Pleasures and Principles of Good Food
by Nigella Lawson

5.0 out of 5 stars My First Introduction To Nigella...And It Did Not Disapoint!, 21 Jun 2014
This was the first ever book I bought from Nigella...and it instantly sparked a love for cooking I never knew I had! The recipes are a little 'wordy' in true Nigella style, but then you get the sense she is right there with you talking you through it - and that can't be a bad thing at all.

I've made so many dishes from this book and ten years on, it's a staple in the kitchen now, Since then I've bought other books from Nigella and watch the shows. My family know that my cooking style is just like Nigella - I'm a self-confessed lazy cook and although I LOVE cooking, I don't like spending hours in the kitchen.

This is the perfect book for anyone who loves to cook but admits to being busy or lazy or in my case - both! Well worth having.

Emjoi AP-9L Epi Slim Travel Compact Epilator
Emjoi AP-9L Epi Slim Travel Compact Epilator
Offered by Smith & Co

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps Skin Smoother Than a Baby's!, 7 Jun 2014
Ok so hair removal isn't the nicest subject in the world to talk about - but it needs to be done sometimes. I have PCOS and have started getting fuzzy face - it's not pleasant and is making me really self-conscious. I bought this a while back and it's a great alternative to bleaching, creaming (both of these give me a rash) shaving or plucking.

Yes it does hurt, but since when was hair removal that pulls out hair ever NOT painful? I'm a grade A wimp, and have a low pain threshold, but seriously, this is OK. If you're really wimpy you can use ice on your skin before hand to slightly numb the area, but its fine. What I like about this is you're not going to get a shadow or nasty ingrown hairs. Best way to keep your skin smooth and hair free for at least 3-4 weeks without having to resort to waxing or anything.

For the price, you can't go wrong. If you're living with PCOS, you'll know that the cost of managing hair growth is big. And after having had over 20 laser sessions on my face, this is a cheaper and better alternative.

Simple Kind to Skin Protecting Moisture Cream SPF 30
Simple Kind to Skin Protecting Moisture Cream SPF 30

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous on your skin and your pocket!, 19 April 2014
I'm at that age now where I have to start getting really serious about skincare and sun protection. Most moisturisers with SPF30 are pretty expensive and in the past, I've found them to have an sticky texture, greasy finish and leave white streaks on the skin. Not with this though.

It sinks right in, leaves a lovely fresh finish without any shine or residue and skin feels soft and looks radiant after use. I'm sold - and for the price, you can't complain! This ticks ALL the boxes for a great moisturiser that offers serious anti-ageing benefits. We all know the sun is the number one cause of premature wrinkles, but this product helps do away with that. And because there is no perfume or colour, I can use without fear!

My skin is really sensitive and this works beautifully as a great daily moisturiser which I will continue to use all year round. I hope they never stop making this, because it really is that good!

Q-Bitz
Q-Bitz
Offered by The Happy Puzzle Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding - Even For My Hard To Please Son!, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Q-Bitz (Toy)
What an outstanding game this is! My 10 year old gets bored very easily and I have been looking for ways to help him develop his brain and improve his maths and spatial awareness. This is perfect - Even though I won every game, I encouraged him to complete the puzzles which really had him concentrating and taking his time. I couldn't believe he was learning while having fun, sharpening his mind and he said afterwards that it was one of the most enjoyable games he had played in ages. I'm going to try and play this with my 5 year old as well and see if he is able to do it :)

Raising Boys: Why Boys are Different - and How to Help Them Become Happy and Well-Balanced Men
by Steve Biddulph

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, It ALL Makes Sense Now, 27 Dec 2013
As a single mother trying (and many times failing) to raise my two boys aged 10 and 5, this book has become an invaluable tool. Reading the first half of the book and I was like 'OMG, this is why my boys behave like this' - it really is an eye opener.

I spent three years teaching at a primary school and we did many different courses on children's behaviour - honestly, they don't even come close to what I have picked up in this book. I've now got the tools I need to confidently approach the parenting of my boys with more guided direction. It gets overwhelming at times, but to be honest, parenting is not meant to be a walk in the park. At least armed with the knowledge in this book, it can be that much easier. An excellent book which I recommend to any parent struggling with their boys.

Avalon Organics Daily Moisturiser 57g
Avalon Organics Daily Moisturiser 57g
Offered by Galenís Choice

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulously Velvety Skin!, 22 Dec 2013
I've just finished my first pot of this stuff which I have to say is a fabulous product!
I hate facial moisturisers that leave an oil slick or greasy, shiny finish to your skin - being Asian, I can't get away with the shiny look as it looks AWFUL on me. This cream gives a radiant finish without looking shiny or smattering my skin in those awful 'radiance particles' that make me look ill rather than glowing!

This is perfect - my skin is dry and sensitive, and I found this moisturised beautifully, sank in immediately and left skin with a velvety soft and lovely bright, radiant finish minus the shine. I don't wear makeup after using this cream and as I have run out, I pulled a spare moisturising cream I had in my cupboard from another brand. It's doing the greasy finish thing on my skin right now and I can't leave the house without at least face powder on!

So, lesson learned, will be stocking up on this!

Avalon Organics Lavender Exfoliating Enzyme Scrub 4 fl. oz. Advanced Care for Sensitive Skin 213850
Offered by Atlantic Trading Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Scrub EVER Bar NONE, 22 Dec 2013
I've been searching for years for the perfect facial scrub...

And now I can safely say the wait is over! I have sensitive skin which is easily aggravated by colours and perfume and I wasn't too sure about trying this scrub, since over the last 20 years I've tried so many scrubs I've lost count-including some very expensive ones.

This one is hands down, the BEST scrub I have ever used - what I love about it is the super clean sensation you get when you use it. I work hard and burn the candle at both ends, so in the mornings, I need a quick pick me up when I look worse for wear. Using this for just 30 seconds on my skin (I use small circular motions all over face) really perks my skin up, leaving it soft, smooth, radiant and glowing - and my moisturiser really sinks in fast.

I've had some acne scarring on my jawline which has been there for nearly 2 years, and I resigned myself to thinking that I wouldn't be getting rid of it that quick, boy was I wrong. After each application (I use this once a week, sometimes twice if I feel I really need it) my scarring has lifted considerably, so for me this is a huge plus.

It's also my fail-safe scrub when I want my skin to look really good. Forget more expensive buys, this excellent scrub is superb value as you get quite a bit in the tube and a little goes a long way. This is one scrub that I will be using for the rest of my life - I'm not even interested in trying any others because it really is THAT good.

Shred-It With Weights [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Shred-It With Weights [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Jillian Michaels
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars Nearly Killed me!, 6 Dec 2013
ok so I am a glutton for punishment. This is one of the toughest 30 minute workouts I have EVER done - and being the wimp I am, I thought I would take it easy and I used a 2kg kettlebell. Boy was I WRONG.

This workout was TOUGH and had me sweating SO badly that after I was done, I had to lie down for 10 minutes and even after taking a VERY long shower, I was sweating for half an hour AFTER I got out the shower!

4 Days of agony not being able to bend down - my inner and outer thighs, back, arms, core - EVERYTHING hurt like crazy. I work out 3 times a week and consider myself to be an intermediate level strength trainer. This was cardio and toning in one, with Jillian's crazy motivational style - really very excellent and highly recommend if you want to get lean fast.

Remington AS7051 Volume and Curl Air Styler
Remington AS7051 Volume and Curl Air Styler
Offered by Ukdapper

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value and WOW What A Result!, 6 Dec 2013
ok I'm the first to admit I don't know how to style my hair - at ALL. So when i had layers put in, my hairdresser told me that I should blow dry my hair to get volume and separate the layers. I've tried and failed in the past to do that as working a barrel brush and hairdryer at the same time is a NO for me.

With the volume and curl airstyler, I was surprised that a total goof like me could actually blow dry my hair with excellent results!!! I have hair that comes to my mid back and it's medium - neither thick nor thin, but it is frizzy. I applied serum to wet hair to help with the frizzies and then used a blow-dry cream on my hair - tipped hair upside down and got it partially dry first before using the styler (my hairdresser told me this tip) - then I sectioned hair and was surprised at how easy and quickly the styler did it's job. No tangles, no hair pulling, a VERY powerful drying motion that dried wetter sections of hair in around a minute.

All in all, it took me 20 minutes to blow dry my own hair straight - impressive by my standards as I really am USELESS when it comes to doing things with my hair. The styler was light and easy to use - although the handle was quite thick to hold, it wasn't heavy and didn't catch in my hair like some stylers can. I finished the final style with hairspray and it lasted 2 days - so I am ecstatic and it's taken the fear factor out of blowdrying my hair myself :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3