Profile for falcorob > Reviews

Content by falcorob

falcorob

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
10 x Brand New H7 499 HEADLAMP HEADLIGHT CAR BULBS 12v 55w (2 PIN)
10 x Brand New H7 499 HEADLAMP HEADLIGHT CAR BULBS 12v 55w (2 PIN)
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

5.0 out of 5 stars Shine a light......., 12 Jan. 2015
Arrived well packaged and all individually boxed. I've checked all 10 and they are all unbroken and appear to be in working order. The one in my car shines exactly the same kind of light as the far more expensive bulb in the other side. Longevity may be an issue but, at the price I paid, is a price worth paying if I can get 6 months out of each.

Car Radio Release Keys
Car Radio Release Keys
Offered by RadioWorld

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value., 12 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Car Radio Release Keys
These release my radio from the dash of my car. You may need to bend them out slightly to get them to fit but you only have to do that once. And for the price that's something that I didn't mind doing.

VivoCountry 2 Person Classic English Willow Picnic Basket Hamper with Cutlery, Corkscrew, Wine Glasses, Plates
Offered by Electro World

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice little hamper., 12 Jan. 2015
Small and beautifully formed. Glass glasses - which are very small so we'll have to have more fill ups - and porcelain plates are always welcome in a hamper but can be plastic in hampers way more expensive than this.

The hamper itself is as well made as one from a large department store, and is small enough to fit easily in the boot of my car, or to carry for half an hour or so, meaning it is likely to get used rather than gather dust. All of the items in the hamper have straps and/or lugs to hold them in safely, though we have so far failed miserably to get the supplied knives and forks to go in their holders. No biggie because they're cheap and nasty and won't be getting used anyway.

The only other issue, and it's not a deal breaker, is that the lining is plain. It will get grubby quickly IMO. Probably the best part of an hours work over Winter to take it out and reline with something else for next year though.

Good value for money and, were it not for the cutlery and lining, potentially a five star hamper for two star money.

Sterling Silver Red Enamel Heart Charm -fits Pandora, Chamilia & similar Bracelets -Fabulana Charms
Offered by For Him For Her

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely......, 12 Jan. 2015
A lovely little thing which my better half now has on her Chamilia bracelet. A nice weight to it, and well finished. As good as the 'real' thing.

Cream Chargers (Box of 24) - Nitrous Oxide (N2O) Gas for Cream Whippers
Cream Chargers (Box of 24) - Nitrous Oxide (N2O) Gas for Cream Whippers
Offered by ICO trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Gassy., 12 Jan. 2015
There isn't much to say about these things other than they gas our cream dispenser almost without fail. The one failure we've ever had was caused by the user and not the gas cartridge.

They come in a cardboard box which is way to flimsy for them so we've resorted to a plastic tub of similar dimensions instead.

Comparatively good value.

2 Tier Pyramid Tiffin
2 Tier Pyramid Tiffin
Offered by Indian-Tiffin

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite Cute..., 12 Jan. 2015
They, for I bought 2, were delivered individually in huge cartons. Which is just silly because half a dozen could have fitted comfortably in each box. But that's irrelevant for the purposes of this review.

The tins are small and cute. Smaller than I expected if I'm honest which doesn't detract from their usefulness but puts a slightly different shine on their actual usage. Instead of sandwiches they'll be used for salads and coleslaw, chutneys and vegetable rice, boiled eggs and...you get the picture. They aren't insulated, unlike our original tins from Sainsburys, which means they'll be fine over a gentle heat and so can be used for warming food once at our destination. I wouldn't want to carry hot food in them though. It wouldn't stay hot and the heat transfer through the metal could potentially cause harm to whatever container they were being carried in. I also wouldn't carry liquids in them because, though they have individual lids for each tin and the clasp is quite a tight fit, they aren't watertight. Could get messy. They'd be fine for things like chutneys and mayo though.

The reason they have 4 stars instead of 5? Some of the welds are messy and the finish isn't brilliant. They are quite weighty for their size and the steel seems a reasonable thickness so they should last a while with a bit of care.

And they do look cute. And they fit perfectly in our hamper too unlike the much larger Sainsburys items. So maybe they actually deserve an extra half a star?

Obviously I'll keep this review updated as we use them.

Griffin GB35694 Survivor Military Duty Case with Belt Clip for iPod Touch 5
Griffin GB35694 Survivor Military Duty Case with Belt Clip for iPod Touch 5
Offered by direct sales online

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended...., 9 Jan. 2015
Needs for nothing in the protection department but it makes your iPod mahoosive.

I can live with that because I've already tested it. Not exactly on purpose. And it works. About a four foot, 1.2 metres?, drop onto laminate flooring and not a mark on either the case or its contents. Which earns it five stars. I am prone to dropping expensive electronic stuff which is why they all get wrapped in their own personal body armour.

The belt clip doubles as a rotating stand, which is the only use I have for it because I discovered something called pockets quite a long time ago and you really don't want to see me in running shorts, and attaches and detaches from the unit quickly and easily.

The case isn't the easiest thing to take your device in and out of if that's what you need to do, and the instructions could be a tad clearer I suppose but it's a simple enough problem to solve.

All in all I would have no hesitation at all in recommending the Griffin Survivor.

As an addendum to this review after a few months use the only issue I have is that you have to remove the belt clip to get the charger in. All of the buttons work, the screen swipes and taps and does screen things almost as well as if the protector wasn't on, and it fills me with confidence to know that if - OK when - I drop my iPod it should survive relatively unscathed.

Harry Potter Voice Activated Wand Torch - Harry
Harry Potter Voice Activated Wand Torch - Harry

3.0 out of 5 stars One for the fans...., 1 Jan. 2015
Cheaply made, shorter than it looks in the advertisement, difficult to get working initially, and I fear for its longevity in the hands of my (30 year old) child. But, and it's a big one, said child thinks it's the dogs danglies which earns it three stars on its own. So I'd say it was for ardent Potter fans only.

Hausen 1200W Cylinder 20L Fireplace Fire Ash Vacuum Cleaner Hoover Coal Chimney
Hausen 1200W Cylinder 20L Fireplace Fire Ash Vacuum Cleaner Hoover Coal Chimney
Offered by Outdoor Value

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Henry but good enough., 1 Jan. 2015
Works as described and actually has very strong suction. The supplied filters do their jobs perfectly and we get no dust at all blowing out of the exhaust vent. They do need regular cleaning to keep the machine working properly though and that, and emptying the cylinder, are not the most pleasant of jobs. The power lead, and hose, could be longer because they are both quite short requiring the machine to be very close to the fire when in use, and needing to be plugged into an extension to reach as we have no plug sockets that close. But then if they were longer storage could be a problem for some so you pays your money......

All in all I think this was a good purchase and well worth a 5 star rating.

QUMOX 64GB MICRO SD MEMORY CARD CLASS 10 UHS-I 64 GB HighSpeed Write Speed 20MB/S read speed upto 40MB/S
Offered by Locoisle777

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money..., 1 Jan. 2015
I'm deducting a star for the simple reason it formats at 59.05 GB and not 64. I know they all do that sir but it still smacks as false advertising to me. The rider is that this is still excellent value for money for its type, beaten only by portable HDD in the pound per GB equation, and it gets delivered super fast and works. Always a bonus with these things because it'd be useless as a door stop.

The only other things to mention are that it seems to read/write at the quoted speeds or thereabouts. A 33 GB file transfer on usb 2.0 saw to that. And that the included adapter - at this price too?? - is a bonus.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14