Profile for J. Roper > Reviews

Content by J. Roper

J. Roper "Jimothy" (Blackwood, S. Wales)

Dead Central
Dead Central

4.0 out of 5 stars Great album!, 20 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Dead Central (Audio CD)
Great album. "All We Had In Common Was Our Name" maybe the best rock song of the decade.

Right Between Your Eyes
Right Between Your Eyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock to put a smile on your face, 20 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Right Between Your Eyes (Audio CD)
Very good band, wonderful album. Imagine a crossover of The Darkness & Queens Of The Stone Age with a bit of punk/rock n' roll thrown in for good measure and you would be close.

Shadows Of The Dying Sun
Shadows Of The Dying Sun

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic, 19 Nov. 2015
I bought this the day it came out and I am still listening to every track most days and have yet to get bored by any it. Incredible epic album, probably in my Top 10 of all time. Insomnium have been gradually getting better on each album despite starting at a pretty high level. Cannot recommend it highly enough

Way To Normal
Way To Normal
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Folds?, 30 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Way To Normal (Audio CD)
Ben Folds is a classic songwriter. No one can argue with that. Personally I've preferred his solo work to that of Ben Folds Five but I know a lot of his fans would say the complete opposite.
Rockin' The Suburbs is one of my most played albums since buying it back in 2001 but I've got a sneaky suspicion that could soon change.
Way To Normal is such a refreshing album that I think I need to put it back on right now. Hold on... Right, the first thing that hits you with this album as a whole is that it far more upbeat (musically anyway) than Songs For Silverman.
The lyrics are always Ben's forte and once again he is witty, sweary, hard hitting and never, ever boring. Highlights, if I must choose some are Hiroshima, You Don't Know Me (duet with Regina Spektor), Free Coffee & B*tch Went Nuts.
I doubt it will happen but hopefully this album will get Ben Folds the recognition he deserves.