Profile for Gary Docherty > Reviews

Content by Gary Docherty

Gary Docherty (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Gildan Softstyle V-Neck T-Shirt Mens
Gildan Softstyle V-Neck T-Shirt Mens
Offered by 247Clix UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect T-Shirts To Wear Around The Pool, 1 Aug. 2014
I just wanted some cheap t-shirts to throw on with shorts or trunks for walking to or from the pool on holiday - nothing fancy just something to cover the shoulders. These are perfect and amazing value. Great fit too - plenty of room around the middle if yiu know what I mean!

BG Electrical Pull Switch
BG Electrical Pull Switch
Offered by Ryness Lighting & Electrical

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit and looks really classy, 1 Nov. 2013
If you have a bathroom or shower room with chrome fittings but a plastic lightswitch then think about changing to this chrome covered one. Add a chrome light pull and a chrome cord connector to replace the plastic one and you have a quality upgrade for about twenty quid.
The switch is actually chrome covered plastic but it's still pretty solid. Recommended.

Croydex Art Deco Chrome Light Pull
Croydex Art Deco Chrome Light Pull
Offered by The Home Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice design, good weight, 1 Nov. 2013
This is just one of those finishing touches that adds a little bit of class to a bathroom or shower room. A nice quality light pull with a decent weight to it. Well worth the money.

Cord Connector Chrome
Cord Connector Chrome
Offered by MJ Fittings

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but so much nicer than a plastic connector, 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Cord Connector Chrome
Having had a new shower room fitted including a frameless door with chrome fittings I wanted to add more chrome and reduce the plastic in the room so I replaced the white plastic light switch with a chrome covered one and added a chrome light pull.
To finish off the look I replaced the plastic connector with this chrome one.
It's surprisingly solid and 'weighty' for such a small item and makes the whole light fitting look - and feel - much more 'classy'. Worth buying at the price.

Croydex Flexi-Fix Pendle Single Robe Hook
Croydex Flexi-Fix Pendle Single Robe Hook

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - no screws, no holes, 1 Nov. 2013
I have just had a shower room refitted and was reluctant to start drilling holes through my lovely new tiles so I decided to give this hook a go. It's perfect and the method for gluing the bracket to the wall is so easy - you simply can't get it wrong.
The glue sets very strongly and I don't expect this hook will fall off the wall any time soon.
It also looks very nice if you have other chrome fittings that you want to match up with or complement.

Wolf 900 Watt 3 Bladed Rebate Planer with 82mm planing width Triple TCT Reversible Blades Give A Superior Cut Action- RAZOR SHAVE FINISH EVERYTIME
Offered by UK Home Shopping - UKHS

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm no expert but so easy to use, 1 Nov. 2013
I'm not really much of a DIYer but we had a couple of doors that were sticking and it was beginning to irritate me so I purchased this power planer (knowing I also have another job I want to use it for) and, quite simply it couldn't be easier to use.
It literally took 5 mins to shave a bit off the top of two bedroom doors and the job was so smoothly finished. I believe these are oak doors not softwood but the planer made light work of both.
I planed off 0.5mm at a time and that worked very well.
If you don't like DIY but need to shave some wood off a door this Wolf planer will make your life much easier than trying to use a manual plane or even a saw.

Navy Harrington Jacket Mod/Scooter- 2XL
Navy Harrington Jacket Mod/Scooter- 2XL
Offered by Mazeys Mod Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jacket, Well Worth The Money, 2 Aug. 2013
OK, the lining and the pockets are a bit thin but as a light summer jacket this is perfect and such a bargain. As other reviewers have said the sizes do come up small - although perhaps I just come up large - so get one size more than you would normally do.
The last time I wore one of these jackets was the late '70s !! Thinking of purchasing another in a different colour.

The Raid [DVD] [2011]
The Raid [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Iko Uwais
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Action, Action, Action., 2 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Raid [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
I'm not what you would call a film buff and I can't do 'critical reviews' but if you want a great action film then get The Raid. It simply doesn't stop from beginning to end.
Anyone with a passing interest in hand-to-hand combat or martial arts will love this film for the speed of the fight choreography - and there's plenty of shooting scenes if that's your preference.
Don't worry about the subtitles, it's very easy to follow.

TRUYOO Colour Changing LED Vanilla Scented Flameless Wax Mood Candles, Pack of 3
Offered by imixcity

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Classy, 2 Aug. 2013
I only bought these as I fancied some mood lighting around the house and the reviews indicated these offered good colour options - and they do. What really surprised me is that they do genuinely look like real candles (well, they are made of wax). The only giveaway is the switch on the base and the flame-shaped light on the top, which is within the top recess. I guess the colours also give it away when in use ;-)
So, leave these out as a decoration and they simply look like regular candles. Turn them on and you have a real talking point!
Really impressed, particularly at the price. Thinking of purchasing as gifts for my mother and my daughter.

Panasonic RP-HJE 120 E1-K black
Panasonic RP-HJE 120 E1-K black
Offered by PADNOTE

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value Earbuds - And So Comfy, 2 May 2013
Believe what all the positive reviews say!!
I hate earphones that don't fit my ears and these are the most perfect fit I have ever had, probably because of the offset (and with 3 different sizes of rubber 'seal' to choose from most people should be able to achieve a comfortable fit).
I bought these because the earphones that that came with my new HTC phone just don't fit my ears at all. They are not the in-ear type and keep slipping out. I don't have that problem now.
As for sound quality I couldn't be happier. I have had some Sennheiser earbuds for a couple of years and these Pansonics are just as good in my opinion....and what a price!
I've already recommended to my teenage daughter that she buy a set - or two - of these when she next loses/breaks her current set. All in all I'm very happy.

Page: 1 | 2