Profile for Captain Spaulding > Reviews

Content by Captain Spaulding

Captain Spaulding (Carlisle, Cumbria, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kenwood Multi Pro Libra FP950 Food Processor
Kenwood Multi Pro Libra FP950 Food Processor

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job - note attachments!, 8 July 2012
For me, so far, this is a big improvement on the FP250, which was on its way out. The glass blender jug feels high quality and is impressive; the motor is obviously capable of working a lot harder and faster than the FP250.

Missing items, based on how it was described on Kenwood's website (and some reviews here):

Mini bowl;
Citrus press;
Continuous juicer.

The recipe book was also missing from my package. I'll admit, I was disappointed to find them missing but very pleased that Kenwood agreed to ship out each of the missing bits - but only because they admitted their website was misleading. If you want these extras, ring them before they update the website!

I'm unconvinced by the mill so far, although only because I tried to chop fresh coriander and I think it's suited to more 'dry' products. I guess the mini bowl is more for that kind of thing.

Due to Amazon's superb customer service, it's worth trying this. It was never worth £250 but sub-£125 seems decent.

Fiio LU1 Adapter Cable - use iPhone specific headphones on different brands of phone
Offered by AVShop

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless with Samsung Galaxy S2 and Sennheiser MM30i, 23 Dec. 2011
Wow, amazing experience! Plug in, connect headphones and...it sounds like you're in a cavern and the iPhone buttons still do nothing!

ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. AVOID.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 30, 2013 10:43 AM BST

500 DVD DISC Holder Case CD Storage Bag Pocket Zip Box
500 DVD DISC Holder Case CD Storage Bag Pocket Zip Box

1.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTE GARBAGE - AVOID, 2 Feb. 2011
I received my case last week and today sat down for the entire morning filling the sleeves. After finishing and ensuring everything was in the case, I lifted the case by the handle only to find that the ring binding part is insufficient to support the unit, making it pop open fractionally and CDs go spilling out in the sleeves.

This was amazingly annoying - I wasted HOURS of my time.

The unit is absolutely not fit-for-purpose.

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely written, not brilliantly formatted, 28 Dec. 2010
The Kindle edition is the only one I've read and I got through it very quickly. A thoroughly entertaining read with some beautiful descriptive writing (full of archaic words which are, for the most part, no match for the Kindle!). Sadly, a few formatting quirks have made it in but, nevertheless, fantastic for nothing.

House of Dark Shadows (Dreamhouse Kings Series, Book 1)
House of Dark Shadows (Dreamhouse Kings Series, Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Page turner without much style (or an ending!), 28 Dec. 2010
This is, I guess, aimed mostly at kids. I am 34-years-old. I got it simply because it was free and rattled through it quickly. The characters have very little depth, the story utterly implausible and the writing incredibly basic (no nice descriptive language and mostly tell and very little show).

I won't be reading any more as it feels like it is just going to string the story out for book after book.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Has got me reading again, 28 Dec. 2010
A quick summary: It's portable, the charge last for ages, I can fit loads of weighty tomes on it, the screen is amazing, I can get a Newspaper delivered in no time, it makes reading easier for me by bumping up the text size, giving me a feeling of momentum, flicking through pages quicker.

I love it. Absolutely fantastic.

Lions
Lions

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - a new convert, 18 April 2010
This review is from: Lions (Audio CD)
I won't say much other than this is a cracking album. A bit Kinks-y but totally original in many ways. Very fresh, very English.

Kenwood CH180 Mini Chopper - 300 Watt - White
Kenwood CH180 Mini Chopper - 300 Watt - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for curry pastes!, 28 Feb. 2010
Worked brilliantly to make curry pastes from a Madhur Jaffrey book. Also great for quickly, and finely, chopping onions, garlic, peppers, etc. Impressed. Easy to clean. Just be careful to pulse when doing onions, etc. unless you want them liquidised.

The Eight Human Talents: The Yoga Way to Restore the Balance and Serenity Within You
by Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Nov. 2009
I am new to Kundalini Yoga, and have been learning from Maya Fiennes DVDs. While I have enjoyed them (or aspects of them), they gloss over some of the theory and positions. This book has opened my mind to the benefits of Kundalini Yoga and changed my outlook generally. Well worth a read.

Kundalini Yoga with Maya Fiennes - Courage, Creativity & Willpower [DVD]
Kundalini Yoga with Maya Fiennes - Courage, Creativity & Willpower [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mike Connolly
Offered by Global Fitness DVD

3.0 out of 5 stars ONLY if you already VERY FIT, 6 Nov. 2009
I am 33 years old and in pretty good shape. However, the first Chakra DVD left me shaking. I don't have the flexibility to reach fully forward and grab my toes from a seated position or sit with my legs flat out at 45 degree angles. Neither can I fold myself backwards and touch the floor with my toes! Be warned, this is HARDCORE.

Sadly, Maya doesn't bother to tell you alternative postures for those who are less flexible, making it an exercise in frustration at times. It also strikes me as hugely irresponsible and potentially dangerous.

I have also done Maya's 4th and 5th Chakra DVDs and found the fifth to be brilliant and very gentle, the fourth also very good but a bit more demanding than the fifith.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2011 12:54 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3