Profile for Karen Williams (cleop_atra@hotmail.com) > Reviews

Content by Karen Williams...

Karen Williams (cleop_atra@hotmail.com) (Peterborough, England)

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (GBA)
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (GBA)
Offered by aardvark-games

5.0 out of 5 stars Help! I'm addicted!, 10 Jan. 2002
As a 27 year old girl who is a fan of Harry Potter, but who easily tires of computer games I wasn't expecting this game to hold my attention for too long.
However, since receiving my copy from Amazon I've spent hours on end playing it - and I'm loving every minute!
The game is very true to the book, with Harry learning new spells in the various classes he takes throughout the game. You'll spend hours running around each floor at Hogwarts, searching for Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans in every bookcase & secret room you encounter.
There's plenty of nasty beasties to zap, including horrid little biting gnomes, the mosquito-like Doxies and the infuriatingly hard-to-kill troll (GRAAAAAAAGH!).
Some of the tasks have a puzzle-like quality to them, which taxes your brain a litle more than just killing everything in sight and made a very refreshing change. You'll need to use combinations of the different spells you learn in order to complete each challenge.
(I was pleasantly surprised to find that each character's face is based on the actor who played it in the film, and that Harry's voice comes courtesy of Daniel Radcliffe).
Anyway, enough review-writing... I've got to go & play it some more!