Profile for Tarka Vindaloo > Reviews

Content by Tarka Vindaloo

Tarka Vindaloo (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Tommee Tippee Sangenic Compatible Cassette (Pack of 9)
Tommee Tippee Sangenic Compatible Cassette (Pack of 9)

5.0 out of 5 stars No carrying back from town, 30 May 2015
The best price I have managed to find for these cassettes.
Also means that you don't have to carry them back from town. I find a cassette lasts nearly a week with a toddler.

Pack of 5 - UK to EU Travel Adaptors
Pack of 5 - UK to EU Travel Adaptors
Offered by Good-Choice (shipped from Hongkong)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value product....!, 30 May 2015
Great value product. I have used in Germany, France and Spain amongst other countries. Great value, especially if you have mobiles, tablets etc all needing charging!

Komputerbay 128GB SDXC Secure Digital Extended Capacity Speed Class 10 600X UHS-I Ultra High Speed Flash Memory Card 60MB/s Write 90MB/s Read 128 GB
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, worked absolutely fine with no issues for ..., 30 May 2015
Excellent product, worked absolutely fine with no issues for months of pictures and videos. Big enough for a week of holiday pictures (100+) on a 14M pixel SLR.

TRENDnet TPL-410APK 500 Mbps Powerline Wireless N300 Extender Starter Kit
TRENDnet TPL-410APK 500 Mbps Powerline Wireless N300 Extender Starter Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Have to change the network to match your home SSID, 7 Nov. 2014
The product itself is very good. Providing a wireless bridge through my house, to create an additional access point on another floor. The setup though, is pretty flippin' complicated to enable me to have a single, seamless network in my house. Here is what I did...

You plug in the two pieces as explained in the basic booklet (fine so far), which creates a second network, but with a basic SSID for the network which is the default, and also on a 192.168.10.x network. Now my home router is on a pretty standard 192.168.0.x network with a specific SSID which I wanted throughout the house. Which required:
1. Connect to the access point with an Ethernet cable.
2. Change my PC to be a static IP address in the 192.168.10.x range by: Settings -> Change Network Adaptor -> Properties -> Set IP Address (enter, for instance, 192.168.10.10).
3. Connect to the management console through a browser (http://192.168.10.100).
4. Change all the settings for the SSID of the device, password, and network settings (I changed mine to 192.168.0.99 - as a memorable IP which I could administer on afterwards).
5. Save the settings and let the adaptor reboot.
6. Change the PC IP address to be automatically set again.
7. Test out the wifi.

Blimey - pretty hard work.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2015 2:51 PM BST

Swissgear GA-7305-14F00 Synergy  15.6 Inch Laptop Bag
Swissgear GA-7305-14F00 Synergy  15.6 Inch Laptop Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Bulletproof, 20 Dec. 2012
I have now used this bag for two years, every day for work, and it is still going strong.
It's rugged, all the pockets you need, and can take a pretty big bashing in cars, planes and on the street.

My laptop has never taken damage, and it can carry an absolute ark full of paraphernalia.

Highly recommended.

HP Officejet Plus 6500A e-All-in-One Web Enabled Printer (Print, Scan, Copy, Fax, Wireless, e-Print)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, highly functional, but does get through the ink...., 20 Dec. 2012
I brought this for my home office, which I use one or two days per week.

It is perfect for the job, with very good quality printing, easy to use scanning and copying. The wireless network setup is very easy, and it retains its IP address far more consistently than older printers I have owned.

It does use ink quite quickly for an occasional printer like me, so I have already resorted to "unbranded" ink, but I think it both represents excellent value,and is a good looking printer on the desk.

1000 things to do in Britain 2nd edition: Revised & Updated (Time Out 1000 Things to Do in Britain)
by Time Out Guides Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite 1000!, 19 Dec. 2012
It's a good book to flick through, and you do find some nice ideas - as I was looking for some new places to take the missus come a weekend, however:

1) There are not 1000 places....the best beach has two pages of options, each of which count as one.
2) The book is not ordered by geography or anything that useful to find an idea.

Better ideas than Trip Advisor, but harder to search. Useful but not brilliant.

JVC HA-NC250 High Quality Noise Cancelling Headphones with Comfortable Ear Pads
JVC HA-NC250 High Quality Noise Cancelling Headphones with Comfortable Ear Pads
Offered by London Deals

3.0 out of 5 stars Compact, fairly comfy and OK noise suppression, 19 Dec. 2012
I brought these headphones to make frequent long haul journeys less tiring, and to find some headphones nicer than the freebies you get on most flights.

These are pretty comfortable for around 3-4 hours, but then they do have a tendency to make your ears arche if you don't take a 15 minute break. The sound quality is good, but I have been a little disappointed with noise suppression - don't get me wrong, it definitely works, but its by no means as good as I really hoped.

Otherwise, battery life is good (a single battery lasts a couple of 10 hour flights), and I have no problem replacing them like some reviews.

All in all, they're ok, but I have that lingering wish I'd spent a bit more and gone Bose....but I guess that's only as I hope that they have better noise suppression.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2013 5:12 PM GMT

Samsung UE40D6530 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 3D 400Hz LED SMART Internet TV with Freeview HD - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning picture quality, and cool gadgets, 16 Jun. 2011
I brought this TV two weeks ago - and what I can say so far:

Pro's
1) The picture quality is fantastic on HD
2) The sound through the speakers is good - which surprised me given how small the TV is.
3) Its a pretty nifty piece of kit hooked into your wireless network:
3a) iPlayer is great quality
3b) I hooked it up to my laptop remotely to play music and see pictures through (a bit fiddly - need to set up your laptop as a media streaming server)
3c) I can even use my iPhone as a remote control!

Cons
a) The media streaming is a bit sluggish over the wireless lan in my house (but I only really hooked it up to prove that I can)
b) Its dropped £80 in price and I'm still not glum!

Merrell Sprint Striker Goal - Dark Grey Size UK 8.5
Merrell Sprint Striker Goal - Dark Grey Size UK 8.5

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking comfortable trainers, 6 Mar. 2011
These are my second pair of Merrells, and they certainly don't disappoint. Best features are:
* Extremely comfortable - no rubbing from the first wear.
* Look great, especially with dark jeans.
* The elastic "laces" mean you just pull them on, and they don't loosen during the day.

Just be aware of the following:
* The trainers do stretch a little over time - I'd recommend you try some on in a shop before you buy.
* Even though they are called dark grey, to me they are more like a grey / bottle green, but that may just be my eyes.

Page: 1 | 2