Profile for littlefroggy > Reviews

Content by littlefroggy

littlefroggy (Bristol)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
STABILO Power Felt Tip Colouring Pens (Pack of 30)
STABILO Power Felt Tip Colouring Pens (Pack of 30)
Offered by K Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly excellent quality pens!, 1 Nov. 2014
I splashed out on 3 different packs of colouring pens for my toddler recently - looking for the best quality I could and these are BY FAR the best. Really pleasantly surprised as the others both cost more. They're thick - much thicker then the so called 'wide-tip' ones which is great for colouring on quite a big scale as small kids do. The ink is incredible, it just flows much better than any of the others and the colours are rich and dry instantly. Great quality! I wish they did a bigger pack as this is now my favourite brand.

Drummer Hoff
Drummer Hoff
by Barbara Emberley

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 18 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Drummer Hoff (Paperback)
It was wonderful to read this again as I remember it from my childhood. I wondered if my daughter would actually like it as she shouldn't have a clue at age 3 what it all meant and by 4 she was reading much longer and more sophisticated stories, but she really loved it. The pictures are fascinating for children. I think this is a lovely book for 2-4 year olds.

Felix As Good as it Looks Favourites Selection in Jelly '44 x 100 g Pouches'
Felix As Good as it Looks Favourites Selection in Jelly '44 x 100 g Pouches'
Offered by Livy Furniture & Pets

5.0 out of 5 stars The most delicious cat food on the market - according to my cat, 18 Oct. 2014
My cat is absolutely CRAZY for this stuff. The best cat food we've found by far. Good price too.

My Own Very Hungry Caterpillar Colouring Book (The Very Hungry Caterpillar)
My Own Very Hungry Caterpillar Colouring Book (The Very Hungry Caterpillar)
by Eric Carle

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but a bit over-priced?, 18 Oct. 2014
Lovely book and lovely idea but a bit pricey for what it is - there must be an excellent profit margin in it!

Melissa & Doug Sticker Collection - Pink
Melissa & Doug Sticker Collection - Pink

1.0 out of 5 stars Sickeningly pink and patronising, 18 Oct. 2014
I think it's about time toy companies dropped all this 'Pink' and 'Blue' stuff. Kids are kids they should feel free to like what they want. I bought it because my daughter loves animals and I saw there were lots of animal stickers which I knew she would love. I almost gagged when I saw the rest though - dolls, princesses, clothes, cupcakes and other similarly banal things. I wish I'd bought the blue one! As usual boys get all the exciting stuff aimed at them- dinosaurs, robots, aliens, knights, pirates etc.

This pernicious 'pinkification' and princess culture is toxic for our kids and their aspirations. I'm annoyed with myself for choosing it but much more irritated with Melissa and Doug for perpetuating these stereotypes.

The stickers are good and we've had great fun creating pictures with them but there are a couple of pages I'm tempted to rip out.

The Fifties Mystique
The Fifties Mystique

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fascinating. Every women needs to read this., 7 Oct. 2014
Really fascinating. Every women needs to read this.

Breville VST025 Sandwich Press, Stainless Steel
Breville VST025 Sandwich Press, Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars yum, 7 Oct. 2014
great!! I love toasties

Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 Headset
Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 Headset

2.0 out of 5 stars HURTS after you've been wearing it for a while - so tight!!!, 7 Oct. 2014
I loved this at first. It does feel comfortable initially but after wearing it for any length of time it HURTS HURTS HURTS. Why'd they have to make it so tight?? I don't have a particularly large head by the way!! I like to listen to programmes while I'm working sometimes and might be wearing it for an hour or more, after which time I cannot take it any more and have very sore ears for the rest of the day. Otherwise it's great and has lasted fairly well so far

Rapunzel (Easy Reading Books)
Rapunzel (Easy Reading Books)
by Vera Southgate

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite version, 7 Oct. 2014
This brought me RIGHT back to my childhood. All of these books in this series have such fabulous pictures. It seems a bit cheesy as an adult but to a child it's magical.

Women's Lace Edged Luxury Thermal Vest 100% Extra Fine Merino Wool
Women's Lace Edged Luxury Thermal Vest 100% Extra Fine Merino Wool
Offered by Lana Bambini
Price: £24.00 - £33.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Ooooohhhh I love it!, 7 Oct. 2014
This is perfect for the days when you're still wearing blouses and not QUITE needing a full long sleeved vest but it's getting very nippy and you want something more than a camisole. I feel feminine rather than frumpy and warm and comfortable too. Length is just right. It tucks in but doesn't swamp you. Full marks!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7