Profile for GailV > Reviews

GailV

The World From The Side Of The Moon
The World From The Side Of The Moon

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 5 Jun 2013
I had high expectations for this album and I was not disappointed. I am not usually a fan of music show winners but Phillip Phillips is different. He is himself - not manufactured at all. There is not a bad track on the album and the more I play it,the more I love it.

Monopoly Millionaire
Monopoly Millionaire
Offered by The Toy Center

5.0 out of 5 stars Family fun, 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: Monopoly Millionaire (Toy)
We got this for our children for Christmas and it's a huge hit for our whole family. My husband and I find it very enjoyable and so much faster than the original Monopoly. My son is only 6 but he really gets the idea and wins games without us giving him chances. It is a much more positive game than the original Monopoly because you are aiming for a specific goal rather than playing to the bitter end and trying to bankrupt the other players. So much kinder for a young child!
There are 2 downsides. You do run out of money. We swapped the 1,000 notes and made them 100,000 value instead - even then we still got short. It needs some 500,000 notes.
The other downside is the cheap plastic playing pieces. They could be better made and the small aeroplane is hardly visible on the board.
Apart from that I would highly recommend it.

Titanium Bangle
Titanium Bangle

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: Titanium Bangle (Jewellery)
I have bought several bracelets for my husband over the year but so many of them are cheap looking or flimsy. This one was absolutely perfect. It looks expensive and feels like really good quality. My husband loves it!

Creative Just for Boys Tattoos
Creative Just for Boys Tattoos

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 15 Jan 2013
I bought these for my 6 year old son for Christmas and they are brilliant. My 9 year old daughter was rather taken with them too. They are fun as they can be coloured any way you choose. They last for ages - in fact they are quite difficult to remove which is a good thing according to my son!

Super Karaoke Hits 2012 (Audio CD only)
Super Karaoke Hits 2012 (Audio CD only)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 15 Jan 2013
I bought this for my 9 year old daughter for Christmas and it was only when we loaded it into the karaoke machine we realised it's not a karaoke CD. Of course, once I went back and read the full description of the product I realised it was my mistake but when you do an Amazon search for karaoke CD's you assume that's what they are.
So basically it's a CD of not particularly good cover versions disguised under the misleading name of karaoke.

16" Board Striker Pro
16" Board Striker Pro

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 2 Jan 2012
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: 16" Board Striker Pro (Toy)
I bought this dartboard for my children for Christmas and it was the biggest waste of money ever. We are lucky if 1 in 10 shots actually stick in the board. More often than not the darts just bounce off the board straight onto the floor. It is not a lack of throwing skills as my husband is a good darts player and he can't get them to stick either!

The Lies We Told
The Lies We Told
by Diane Chamberlain

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 22 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Lies We Told (Paperback)
I am a big fan of Diane Chamberlain but this book was not up to the same standard as some of the others I have read. I found it a bit 'Mills and Boon' in some parts and unrealistic in others. I would recommend the author any day but would suggest this title only if you are a real die hard fan!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun!, 15 Feb 2011
I bought this for my 7 year old daughter and she absolutely loves it. It is well made and the sound is great. The words are very clear and easy to follow. I would highly recommend it.

Dyson DC25 Multi Floor Lightweight Dyson Ball Upright Vacuum Cleaner for Every Floor Type
Offered by thurgo - ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Big disappointment, 15 Feb 2011
I don't think I have ever been so disappointed in a product before and I wish I'd taken more notice of the one and two star reviews.
The Dyson DC25 is over priced and over rated. It is heavy, awkward and cumbersome. When I take the flexible hose out to do corners or stairs, the hose just wants to suck itself back into the main part. It's like having a fight with a python. The ball part swivels well but is nothing special and is useless for cleaning under beds or the coffee table. If it wasn't so expensive to return it, I'd send it back immediately.