Profile for CraigBill289 > Reviews

Dallas Buyers Club [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Matthew McConaughey
Price: 13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 18 Feb 2014
I tend not to write reviews, mainly out of a lack of time to sit-down and do it but I felt compelled after this movie. It's not often you watch a film and are left in awe with how wonderfully crafted it is. I watched this fully two weeks ago now and I still find myself thinking about it when I have a quiet moment for contemplation. The acting is up there with the best I have ever seen, in particular Matthew McConaughey. For years he has been laughed at for playing roles which have seen poor reviews or for which he cannot be taken seriously as an actor, but this film totally changes that perception.

Without going into the plot (if you are really desperate to know what happens, just look at some of the other reviews), take the time to sit down and appreciate exactly why this film is up for the awards its been nominated for. A true masterpiece and I already can't wait to get the Blu Ray upon release.

Modern Family - Season 1 [Blu-ray]
Modern Family - Season 1 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Ed O'Neill
Price: 26.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure brilliance, 16 Jan 2013
This series has to be one of the greatest modern comedies around. The series is based around three inter-connecting families and each one brings their own loveable element to the programme. A bit of a cliche, however if you only buy one series this year, make it this one. A hilarious comedy with heart-warming storylines make it obvious why this series and its actors consistently win awards year-on-year.

Mike & Molly - Season 1 [DVD] [2012]
Mike & Molly - Season 1 [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Melissa McCarthy
Price: 10.31

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant, Charming Sitcom, 8 July 2012
I caught a couple of episodes of Mike and Molly mid-season on Comedy Central and instantly fell in love with it. The characters are so likeable and are very well developed as the season proceeds. Episodes, like so many modern comedies are around 21 minutes long, making this as well as many others easy to watch when you have a spare half an hour. The stories are excellent, actors wonderfully cast and made me laugh out loud every episode. I would recommend this series to anyone.

California 37
California 37
Price: 5.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!!!, 5 May 2012
This review is from: California 37 (Audio CD)
I bought this album because I, like many had heard a few of Train's more famous songs on the radio, and I can only say you simply HAVE to give it a listen. There aren't many albums you stick in your CD player and listen to it and love every song first time, but for me this was one of those albums. I am just gutted I left it too late to get tickets for their gigs over here. A wonderful album from a very talented band

Virtua Tennis 4 (PS Vita)
Virtua Tennis 4 (PS Vita)
Offered by Entertainment Hub Ltd
Price: 6.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, took me by surpise!!!, 22 Feb 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I just received my PS Vita and Virtua Tennis 4 in the post this morning and thought I should give a review of this game in case people are thinking of buying it. The graphics are absolutely stunning, I'd go as far to say possibly some of the best I have ever seen in a sports game, not only on a handheld (definitely the best) but also on the home consoles. The gameplay is great, too. Being an old-school gamer I haven't really used the support of the touchscreens for the game as of yet, though I'm sure I will at some point. The world tour mode is a nice take on the career aspect, slightly different from what I remember in previous iterations. The trophies (which I love competing for) are interesting and challenging and add an a bit of longevity to the game. The online mode is also good, although as I haven't had much experience in this so far, that is all I can say. In my opinion, if you're looking for a great game that you will be picking up again and again, give Virtua Tennis 4 a shot.

The Walking Dead - Season 1 [Blu-ray]
The Walking Dead - Season 1 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Andrew Lincoln
Offered by rsdvd
Price: 12.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic, 22 Feb 2012
I missed this series when it first appeared on tv, but had heard good reviews so i decided to rent it. In my opinion this programme is probably the best US drama series out at the minute. Andrew Lincoln heads a wonderful, if not very well-known cast and every episode has had me on the edge of my seat wanting more. I don't want to discuss the plot (however brilliant it is) as you need to see it for yourself. Get a copy of this!!