Profile for jesscakes@hotmail.com > Reviews

jesscakes@hotmail.com (London)

Shifting Dreams: A Cambio Springs Mystery
Shifting Dreams: A Cambio Springs Mystery

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 4 Nov 2013
I absolutely loved EH's Elemental Mystery books with Gio and Beatrice so I was eager to read some other works by the same author and whilst I did enjoy the book, I didn't love it like I did the other series. I feel like EH always brings a community to life, she is great at the detail and the small things that people say and do that make her characters so realistic, but for me, something about Caleb just didn't work. There was some element missing which I couldn't quite put my finger on. So, a good read but not a great one :)

Christmas Is Cancelled
Christmas Is Cancelled

4.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous debut novel, 27 Dec 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this debut novel by Aurelia B Rowl. It was fast-paced, well written and funny. I warmed to both the lead characters straight away and found them believable and enjoyable to read about. I agree with certain aspects of the reviews above, that some parts of the plot were a little inconsistent, and that the epilogue was too long, but overall it was a great read (I finished it in one day) and if you like romance novels of this type, it is worth a look.

Legend
Legend
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic buy!, 18 Mar 2002
This review is from: Legend (Audio CD)
This is the soundtrack to my childhood and I just LOVE it! It brings back such memories for me, and I just feel transported each time I listen to it. If you have never seen the TV series, then you might not understand the significance of the lyrics, but you will definately be affected by the atmospheric melodies and Maire's amazing voice. A perfectly encapsulated piece of Celtic Heaven!

The Dark is Rising Sequence: Over Sea, Under Stone, The Dark Is Rising, Greenwitch, The Grey King, and Silver on the Tree (Puffin Books)
by Susan Cooper

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing fantasy rollercoaster ride!, 3 Aug 2000
I first read this book when I was about 12 years old, and it has kept me spell-bound ever since! I have a worn, dog-eared old copy on my shelf at home and I often get it out to read now and again. I don't think anything has matched it for its sheer escapist value or its wonderful world of the Light and Dark, the Good and Evil. Cooper has managed to make a simple moral into a complex and fantastic story that draws in its readers until they never want to leave. I feel this collection of stories has had a profound effect upon me and I would recommend any young person with a vivid imagination and a romantic soul to read it. It will stay with you forever!