Profile for SCW > Reviews

Pride [DVD] (2014)
Pride [DVD] (2014)
Dvd ~ Bill Nighy

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing story., 5 April 2015
This review is from: Pride [DVD] (2014) (DVD)
Best film I've ever seen. So interesting.

Ritzenhoff & Breker 091700 Tea Cup with White Bird-Shaped Handle and Saucer
Ritzenhoff & Breker 091700 Tea Cup with White Bird-Shaped Handle and Saucer

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous and quirky, 1 Sept. 2014
I love this teacup it matches my teaset so well! It's quirky and interesting and I just adore how it sits in my hand.

Please PLEASE bring it back so I can but another!!!!

Apple iPhone SE/5S/5C/5 Screen Protector, MediaDevil Magicscreen Crystal Clear (Invisible) Edition - (2 x Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars ACTUALLY INVISIBLE!!!, 29 Dec. 2012
I am VERY fussy about how my phone looks and the idea of having some sticky plastic on the screen, with cut outs for the camera and home button - quite literally repulsed me.

However in fear of damaging the expensive iPhone screen with my keys I decided to try these out due to the large number of 'invisble' claims.

I was not disappointed!!! This is a fantastic product - goes on easily. SO many video tutorials are supplied, a monkey could do it. Easy to align - I applied one to both mine and a friends phone (You get two, in case you mess up. Not sure how you could?!)

It is seriously - so invisible on my phone, it has to be within 5 inches of my face for me to be able to detect a screen protector present.

I love it - you'd not know it was there. And it gives me a sense of security with my lovely new iPhone.
Plus - they sent me sweets in the pack! And delivered next day!

What's not to love?

Great Expectations (The Penguin English Library)
Great Expectations (The Penguin English Library)
by Charles Dickens

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeously Chic copy of a classic novel, 15 Oct. 2012
Penguin have brought out a range of 100 'colourful classics' which I utterly fell in love with. What a wonderful way to bring classic literature back into the forefront of young peoples interests; they caught my eye from the window of every bookshop I passed.

Great Expectations is my favourite book and I love owning it in this gorgeous cover. Ive bought three more since and am loving reading classic books that I may never have thought to pick up before. The collection looks beautiful on my shelf :)

Botanico Coco 36 Inch Trough Liner
Botanico Coco 36 Inch Trough Liner
Offered by British Garden Centres

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for a while..., 12 April 2012
Bought these just under a year ago ad wen we put them up and filled them in June, they looked FANTASTIC and stayed looking that way. I was so so pleased with my purchase.

However by April this year the birds were building nests and unfortunately they look a bit worse for wear now. But still good value for money

Jesus Christ Superstar
Jesus Christ Superstar

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 12 April 2012
This review is from: Jesus Christ Superstar (Audio CD)
The best recording of this fantastic musical! We've had the original vinyl for years and when the record player broke, we needed an update!

Perfect quality copy of the original 70's recording.

And the cheapest I could find around :)

Kitchen Craft Colourworks Pastry Brush with Silicone Bristles, Pink, 16cm
Kitchen Craft Colourworks Pastry Brush with Silicone Bristles, Pink, 16cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value and quality, 12 April 2012
Really good value for money - extremely stylish and does the job perfectly. No bristles to drop out all over your food. And the quality is flawless!

John Adams Button Bracelets
John Adams Button Bracelets

5.0 out of 5 stars Isn't this every little girls dream?!, 22 July 2011
This review is from: John Adams Button Bracelets (Toy)
I initially bought this for my niece though after a couple of weeks my own daughter was so jealous I had to get her one too!

Essentially, its a tool kit that allows kids to add funky buttons to colourful plastic bands to make bracelets but the great thing is - theyre reusuable! YIPPPEEEEEEEEEE for all mums out there who are fed up of buying refills! Simply pop the buttons back off and start again whenever you please! Plus she can raid my button tin to add to the collection, a lot of them fit and work well. The whole thing compacts down into a very cute girly "giant button" case so no excessive box storage required! Approx 20cm Diameter.

If you're artistic about it too, you can actually make some quite cute little bracelets that i'd not be entirely ashamed of wearing to work myself! But then I do work in a primary school!

A hit with my girls, may have to buy a third for you younger one so they stop fighting over it!
A lovely toy, thanks very much!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2011 3:03 PM GMT

John Adams Surprise Egg Maker
John Adams Surprise Egg Maker
Offered by san direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, fun and easy, 22 July 2011
I have three kids, aged 3, 6 and 10 and they all (though my eldest wouldnt admit it) love this toy.

We found it very simple, the instructions have pictures which are very easy to follow - we did it together the first time but they've never needed my help since. We also have the chocolate coin maker and like that, we found that microwaving the chocolate was quicker. And if your fridge is taking that long for the chocolate to set, turn the temperature down a bit!!! Or shove in in the freezer it really didn't take us very long at all!

Surprisingly good resulting chocolate egg, a hit with the kids, and the family members that they keep making them for! A great product - really can't fault it!

John Adams Golden Coin Maker
John Adams Golden Coin Maker

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't understand all the bad reviews!, 22 July 2011
This review is from: John Adams Golden Coin Maker (Toy)
My kids have seen this advertised and have been on and on at me for months, but I must say I was a little put off by the reviews I read on here.
Frankly though, I can't understand them. I have a son (6) and a daughter (3) who had it out of the box and working within minutes! It even comes (to their ABSOLUTE DELIGHT) with little orange bags like the ones you get in the shops. I'm surprised to see that some children seem to have found it difficult to work, my kids aren't total brainboxes and they managed fine! Producing remarkably impressive results especially from Lily my daughter who can barely glue pasta to a piece of card!

The chocolate melting was initially a little slow, I suppose they have to make it safe for small children - but i just shove a bowl of chocolate into the microwave for them now and leave them to it!

Whenever anyone is coming over or we're visiting grandparents etc they're always making little messaged coins as to take and give to people - which are always greatly recieved! Great toy John Adams, Thank you!