Profile for Mr. L. F. P. Dubois > Reviews

Content by Mr. L. F. P. D...

Mr. L. F. P. Dubois "yoyohypocrite"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The 6 Week Muscle Plan
The 6 Week Muscle Plan
Price: 12.58

1.0 out of 5 stars shoddy, 12 Feb 2014
Loved the 12 Week plan last year. Not this, though. It doesn't display correctly on my iPad, impossible to use, so quite worthless.

Men's Fitness Fat Loss
Men's Fitness Fat Loss
by Joe Warner
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars hmmm ..., 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: Men's Fitness Fat Loss (Paperback)
I think that Joe Warner did a truly great job with his previous book, 12 Wk Body Plan. I expected a similarly high standard, but this is a let down for me: the plan is much more basic, the info really feels rehashed; but not just rehashed, it feels lighter. I'm sending it back, sorry.

Pathfinder Exmoor & the Quantocks (Pathfinder Guides)
Pathfinder Exmoor & the Quantocks (Pathfinder Guides)
by Sue Viccars
Price: 9.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, 9 Jan 2012
Antonia and I walked two of the walks in this book. The two walks used well signed paths so it was pretty easy not to get lost, but the book provided detailed descriptions. It also provides extracts of OS maps so that a map is more or less redundant. We did find that we did the walks considerably quicker than described in the book though; not bragging, just saying that the timings weren't that accurate for us.

Emma Bridgewater Black Toast Travel Documents Wallet / Holder
Emma Bridgewater Black Toast Travel Documents Wallet / Holder

4.0 out of 5 stars Girly, 15 Nov 2011
I feel a little conspicuous carrying this as it's a touch too feminine. That said, the male alternatives were made of naff leather for 20 quid or cost 15 times as much. So I'm very happy with this: little zip pocket for coins and well tagged and capacious inner pockets for various documents. The cream colour is a little fragile as you'd expect, but it's wearing well in spite of some travel abuse.

Jawbone Jambox Bluetooth Active
Jawbone Jambox Bluetooth Active
Price: 163.30

5.0 out of 5 stars I need more, 15 Nov 2011
Looks smart. Very portable. Good connectivity. Good sound. Would be nice if it could make a lot more noise though; at the moment, I wish that I could make it go massively loud ...

The Town [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free]
The Town [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Ben Affleck
Price: 7.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Love Boston, 15 Nov 2011
The best looking bank robber in a long while. The shots of Boston make this film for me; the rest of it is rather silly. It's very well done, quite well paced, well acted. Nice Pete P cameos, lots going for it. Just does stretch credulity hugely!

Lezyne Caddy Sack black
Lezyne Caddy Sack black

5.0 out of 5 stars Silly, 15 Nov 2011
This review is from: Lezyne Caddy Sack black (Sports)
It does nothing that a plastic bag wouldn't do. It does look smarter though and holds its shape better. Um, ... I don't feel particularly clever buying it, but it does what it says on the tin.

Salclear Trilube
Salclear Trilube
Offered by Salclear
Price: 7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Slick, 14 Oct 2011
This review is from: Salclear Trilube (Misc.)
Works v well, good and greasy!! Found the dispensing nozzle a little awkward: hole a little too fine and the top did fly off initially when I applied too much pressure. But item received as described and on time.

Tefal 4 in 1, RK701115 Slow Cooker, Steamer, Rice Cooker, Porridge Maker, Brushed Chrome (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars simple, 9 Dec 2009
A little voluminous for my kitchen, but otherwise no complaints. Great for my porridge, fine for my rice; haven't tried the other two options. Easy to clean, easy to use. Easy to recommend.

The Classic 1000 Vegetarian Recipes
The Classic 1000 Vegetarian Recipes
by Carolyn Humphries
Price: 6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars no Damascene conversions here, 22 Jan 2005
I'm not a vegetarian, but I bought this book in order to introduce some variety to my diet, and occasionally allow myself a 'meat purge' of a week or two. But I hardly use this book to cook - the lack of pictures is truly off-putting, the mushrooms and wine recipe is vile, and I much prefer using Delia's over-priced glam cookbook instead. This one seems to encourage the use of water and more water, insipid ingredients and anything else that will put off all but the committed veggie. Say what you like about Delia, but her recipes have bags of cheese, cream, spices and herbs - all the ingredients you need to give life to food. This book assumes you're buying only wonderfully tasty organic food from a local producer, not supermarket shopping. Even then, I'd be very surprised if the result tasted of much at all. This book is never going to encourage anyone to convert to vegetarianism!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3