Profile for Phil Collins > Reviews

Content by Phil Collins

Phil Collins

Short Nights of the Shadow Catcher: The Epic Life and Immortal Photographs of Edward Curtis
by Timothy Egan
Price: 18.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 1 Jan 2013
The amazing story of Edward Curtis, who realised that the world of the American Native Indian was fast disappearing, and made a record of every Indian tribe in the United States. He eventually came to spend most of his adult working life on his master-project, with support from the President and the rich, and left us a window into a lost world. His photographs are now reproduced the world over.
Be aware that this is a biography, beautifully written, but with just a few of Curtis' photographs therein. For more photographs you will need another book. But as a story of a remarkable life it is gripping and inspiring.

Water Night
Water Night
Offered by jim-exselecky
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Angry!, 15 May 2012
This review is from: Water Night (Audio CD)
I bought Water Night about two weeks ago. Since buying it I have been unable to listen to anything else; no more Billie Holiday, no more Del Amitri, Simply Red, Crosby Stills & Nash, Jamie Cullum, Rumer, Cuban Music, Ella Fitzgerald, Glen Miller. Gone is all the Blues and Bluegrass, even the Gospel Music. When will I be able to listen to them again?
The first few times I played "Water Night" I wept. That's the power of music! It sounds like the music of heaven. I get my friends to sit down, shut up and listen; they all love it. I've never heard anything like it, and I am 63. That's all I can say. You have been warned.