Profile for Old Man > Reviews

The Camp
The Camp
by Gordon Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars This is so real.., 12 May 2013
This review is from: The Camp (Paperback)
The most true to life account of the life of an "Ops Clerk" in the RAF that I have ever seen. Just like the author, I was an Ops Clerk and while reading the book I could relate to some of the incidents and saw them happen. Yes, life in the Tower was really like that. National Service in the Royal Air Force during the fifties resulted in meeting good blokes and bad blokes.

Seeing Angels
Seeing Angels
by Emma Heathcote-James

5.0 out of 5 stars Belief or not., 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Seeing Angels (Hardcover)
Not sure if I really believed this book, but it set me thinking and that is a good thing. Along with the other books by this author it presents a point of view that needs more serious consideration.

WWE Brawlin' Buddies: John Cena
WWE Brawlin' Buddies: John Cena
Offered by FairTrade4U

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present., 14 Jan 2013
This was purchased as a Chritmas present for a child with "special needs". It has provided many hours of pleasure for him. John Cena is his hero and because it 'talks' the figure is much loved.

Guns Against the Reich: Memoirs of an Artillery Officer on the Eastern Front
Guns Against the Reich: Memoirs of an Artillery Officer on the Eastern Front
by Petr Mikhin

5.0 out of 5 stars Attention to detail., 14 Jan 2013
Anyone interested in Soviet military history will find this book full of those small details that are so often missing.

96 years a Brummie
96 years a Brummie
by Tom GOLDING

5.0 out of 5 stars 96 years a Brummie, 12 Mar 2012
This review is from: 96 years a Brummie (Paperback)
An excellent book, having lived in that area myself and having travelled all of the streets mentioned it brought back many memories. I never knew how Sparkbrook got its name untill reading this book. I too knew what it was like after my wedding to see the very small amount of money we had between us.
But I must say I have no desire to live in that area of Birmingham again. One visit was enough.