Profile for rayk > Reviews

Content by rayk

rayk (Norfolk, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Inateck Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter Nano USB 2.0 Wireless Bluetooth Dongle with LED | High Signal Strength | Compatible Windows XP / Vista / 7/8 / 8.1 | Support Bluetooth Stereo, EDR & APT-X
Offered by Inateck

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't like Bluetooth? This is for you., 10 Sep 2014
I bought two of these damned things. Neither is any good. Tried one with a brand new laptop and the other with my 1 yr old PC. Nothing. After installing the software from the CD neither of them can be seen and both computers just report "device unplugged" I would check the instructions if any came with them but there is just a printed backing card. Looked on the Inateck site for an update but selecting the device just leads you to where you can buy more of them. As if that is going to happen.
I should have thought before i bought. I purchased an Inateck usb3.0 pci card recently that gave me four ports slower than my old ones. I can't be bothered to return these dongles. I gave them one star because they don't take up much space in the dustbin.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2014 2:16 AM BST

Integral 4GB Neon USB Flash Drives - 5 Pack
Integral 4GB Neon USB Flash Drives - 5 Pack
Offered by MyMemory

2.0 out of 5 stars Four for the price of five., 9 May 2014
Four of these seem to work OK but one was a disaster. As soon as I plugged it in up came the "blue screen of death" on my PC and had to reboot in safe mood. Now the stick was as dead as doornail. Four USB drives and one useless piece of plastic doesn't seem that much of a bargain at the price.

Verbatim 49173 32GB V3 Store n Go USB 3.0 Flash Drive Grey
Verbatim 49173 32GB V3 Store n Go USB 3.0 Flash Drive Grey
Offered by MyMemory

1.0 out of 5 stars Slower than a slow worm moving slowly., 2 Mar 2014
I've usually bought Verbatim in the past but ... USB 3.0? More like USB 1.0! Save yourself a few pence and just get a USB 2.0 instead. It will write faster.

Platinum 104126 MyDrive 1TB Usb 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive - Yellow
Platinum 104126 MyDrive 1TB Usb 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive - Yellow

1.0 out of 5 stars Attractive looking but ..., 2 Mar 2014
My drive was trouble from the word go. A very poor and sloppy connector meant that the drive kept disappearing from my PC during file transfers. I was suddenly told that the drive didn't exist, then it came back for a spell, then it was off again. Maybe due to the same fault, write speeds from a USB 3.0 port were painfully slow, rarely going above 15 MB/sec. and often chuntering along at only 2 MB/sec.Glad to see the back of it. I'll stick to brand names in future.

Inateck Superspeed 4 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card - Interface USB 3.0 4-Port Express Card Desktop with 15 pin SATA Power Connector, [ Include with A 4pin to 2x15pin Cable + A 15pin to 2x 15pin SATA Y-Cable ]
Offered by Inateck

1.0 out of 5 stars An expensive way to get another four USB 2.0 ports., 1 Mar 2014
This card fitted OK and I initially used the drivers on the CD. The problem is that the transfer speed (20-24 Mb/s) is only slightly faster than the old USB 2.0 ports on my HP Win7 64-bit desktop and nowhere near the speeds I get from the USB 3.0 ports on my laptop. I thought it might be the drivers so I tried downloading each of the four sets on the Inateck web site in turn, starting with the newest and working back. None them would install. I just got error messages saying "set up ended prematurely because of an error." Very useful that! So I spent time and money buying four additional slow speed ports that I don't need. Great result.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2014 6:12 AM GMT

Trevi Digital Fridge / Freezer Thermometer with Internal / External Sensor with Alarm function
Offered by In21 Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Chinese tat!, 10 Dec 2013
I bought a couple of these following a freezer failure. What a waste of money. The first lasted two days before it died. The second was more impressive, going for a whole fortnight before the display disappeared permanently and the alarm started going off non-stop. Far from being a safeguard, I think rubbish thermometers like these have the opposite effect. You think they are being quiet because all is fine but they are just being quiet because they've packed up.

Silverline Silverstorm 929856 Multipurpose Sharpener 65W
Silverline Silverstorm 929856 Multipurpose Sharpener 65W

2.0 out of 5 stars Do some research before buying, 5 Oct 2013
Just bought one of these. Seems to work OK but I know from experience that even large grinding wheels wear out quickly (and this sharpener's wheel is not much bigger than a 50p piece) so I decided to get a couple of spares. Amazon says replacement wheels are available - no, they're not. Not from Amazon, Silverline or anyone else - other than one supplier who charges £3.60 a wheel, will only allow you to order one at a time and then wants to sting you for £6 to deliver it. So £10 a shot for tiny wheels which will wear out after a few uses - a real bargain.

Fai'Full Heavy Duty Riveter
Fai'Full Heavy Duty Riveter

1.0 out of 5 stars Throwaway tool, 1 Aug 2013
Heavy duty? Hardly. This piece of rubbish fell apart on the third rivet. Wouldn't grip them anymore. I then got a cheap Silverline that's still going strong after a couple of years and dozens of jobs.

WiFi Repeater Access Point up to 300 / 150 / 54 Mbps WLAN wireless amplifier for the socket including LAN connection , for 802.11 b / g / n standards with UK Plug
Offered by KOKOT

1.0 out of 5 stars costly timewaster., 25 Mar 2013
This is a particularly useless item. The instructions are poorly written and no help whatsoever. The repeater seems impossible to set up. After a couple of hours trying, all I got was a messed up configuration on my PC requiring me to carry out a full system reset to get back on the internet. If you do buy this, make sure you set up a Windows restore point before you open the packaging. You'll be grateful you did.

Solar Brite Deluxe Multi Coloured Solar Fairy Lights 120 LED Super Bright Decorative String, choice of light effect. Ideal for Trees, Gardens, Parties & More...
Offered by The Sharper Edge Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Might work in Nigeria but not in Norfolk, 15 Dec 2012
Got Powerbee lights last year and they still work fine. But this year I was daft enough to spend thirty pounds odd buying two sets of these lousy Solar Brite things. Both sets have proved to be completely useless. After a whole day facing bright sunlight, they flashed for twenty minutes and that was it. Then it rained and both sensors let in water so they stopped completely. Great!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5