ARRAY(0xabf2b3cc)

Profile for Marco Lucisano > Reviews

Content by Marco Lucisano

Marco Lucisano (Stockholm, Sweden)

Udderly Smooth 227g Chamois Anti Chaffing Cream with Shea Butter
Udderly Smooth 227g Chamois Anti Chaffing Cream with Shea Butter
Price: 7.19

2.0 out of 5 stars Good efficacy but worthless texture, 27 Oct 2013
This is the first time I buy the utterly smooth chamois cream, having used Assos products earlier. I feel the Udderly Smooth delivers good results and I like the feel of it. I have one major problem with the texture of the cream, milk (or water) would be a better word to describe how liquid it is... I feel that the low viscosity, way too low for my taste, is enough to make me buy another anti chaffing cream for my future orders.

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
by Rebecca Skloot
Price: 5.42

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating chapter in the history of science, 5 Jun 2011
Excellent narrative of a modern chapter in the history of science... Rebecca Skloot brings this amazing story to life with vivid decriptions of everyone involved. All "characters" in book shine with life, regardless of their role in the story.

Buyology: How Everything We Believe About Why We Buy is Wrong
Buyology: How Everything We Believe About Why We Buy is Wrong
by Martin Lindstrom
Price: 6.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy reading with little added value, 1 Aug 2010
This book is a good way to spend some hours reading if you do not care spending quite a lot of time learning remarkably little hard facts. Most potential buyers of this book are possibly not hoping for a masterpiece of popular science literature. If you were looking for one such book to own, than you should keep looking. Granted that the book is easy to read and at times rather interesting, Martin Lindstrom used quite a lot of words to convey his message.

The book presents some experiments planned by the author to study the behaviour of the a regular consumer when we are in a buying situation. The point with the book is to relate a set of instances where traditonal market research methods (for example based on interviews) would fail since we as human beings have little control and knowledge of the brain processes that are involved in taking a decision. Apparently, most buying decision are not concious and at times we are perfectly incapable to describe why we behave in a certain way.

The chapters I appreciated the most focus on sex in advertising (nothing unexpected here but still rather interesting, considering a lot of current disscussion in the media on this very topic) and the discussion on brands and religion and superstition and buyd decisions. This this area I found som facts and concepts that are intersting and exposed from a perspective that I had not considered before reading this book.

How to Run a Great Workshop: The Complete Guide to Designing and Running Brilliant Workshops and Meetings
by Nikki Highmore Sims
Price: 10.87

4.0 out of 5 stars A good how-to guide to facilitating groups, 30 July 2010
The book is a good step-by-step guide in how to facilitate a wokshop, a training session or a meeting. Although more useful for a beginner than for a more advanced faciliator, the guide introduced concepts that stimulated my fantasy and managed to challenge my own way of running workshops.

The author offers quite a collection of practical tips and tricks and things to remember when planning a session. Also, I appreciate the fact that the book does acknowledge that preparing a well designed workshop is hard work and that most of the problems that can occur are a matter of mistakes (or luck of experience) in planning.

If I was to point out one area that I missed In the book I would mention the somewhat overoptimistic description of how to handle participants who _really_ do not want to be there. Although I do agree with the key suggestion to see their presence as a challenge and to channel their initially negative energy into something that contributes to the goals of the session, I am still looking for a good piece of advice on what to do In the rare occasions In which nothing else works...

I am looking forward to my next workshop to try and introduce a couple of techniques from this book...

Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
by Simon Sinek

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring book, 4 July 2010
I saw the ted-talk by Simon Sinek and wanted to read more about his ideas. This book is easy to read and gives some interesting insights on how to communicate.

I have tested it at work and it works. I gave a talk at a conference recently and people congratulated me on the clarity of my presentation. Really, what I did was to start with why.

More interesting to me, I think that this book provided the secret of how one specific person I know (a genious in communication) actually behaves when he enters the stage.