Profile for Lorna Francis > Reviews

Content by Lorna Francis

Lorna Francis

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
The Dead Girls' Dance (Morganville Vampires)
The Dead Girls' Dance (Morganville Vampires)
by Rachel Caine

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant vampire fantasy in which the sweet and clever Claire ..., 13 July 2016
Brilliant vampire fantasy in which the sweet and clever Claire Danvers along with her house mates are dancing with danger, uncertainty and fear throughout.  This action packed vampire and ghost laced drama will enthrall young adults and fantasy lovers alike.

River Marked (Mercy Thompson)
River Marked (Mercy Thompson)
by Patricia Briggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant fantasy with warewloolfs, walkers and something lurking in the river.........., 12 July 2016
I am a huge fan of this series and loved the native American intrigue and mystery in this somewhat different and aptly named fantasy novel.

Throne of Glass: 1
Throne of Glass: 1
by Sarah J. Maas

5.0 out of 5 stars Realistic gritty fantasy., 3 July 2016
This review is from: Throne of Glass: 1 (Paperback)
Wow what a read!  This is realistic, gritty fantasy that leaves you thinking of the characters long after completion of the book.   I will definately be reading more from Sarah J Maas whose beautifully descriptive text enables the reader to easily visualize the horror camp inwhich the assasin was held, the castle, its gardens, and least of all the mysterious passageways that harbors ......... I don't want to reveal too much, suffice to say young adult lovers of fantasy, action and romance will love Throne of Glass.

Glass Houses:  The Morganville Vampires Book 1
Glass Houses: The Morganville Vampires Book 1
by Rachel Caine

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic vampire fantasy, 29 Jun. 2016
I love the way the author starts this book in a slightly teasing way captivating the reader immediately.  Claire's clothes are missing from the washing machine and as catastrophic as that seems to her, it is merely an inconvenience in a day that has her fearing for her life.  This is a fantastic read for young adults and fantasy lovers of any age who will delight in this first book in the Morganville Vampires series.  Rachel Caine takes these 4 teens  on a fast paced,  plot twisting journey that had me going from a state of anxiety to sighing with relief throughout and then just as I thought all was calm.......  What an exciting ending that cleverly has you reaching for book 2 in the series "The Dead Girls' Dance".

Silver Borne: Mercy Thompson Book 5
Silver Borne: Mercy Thompson Book 5
by Patricia Briggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic fantasy series., 29 Jun. 2016
This is such a gripping, action packed novel in which lovers of fantasy will be embroiled as this beautifully descriptive read sweeps us up in the world of Mercy Thompson.  The heroic shifter is looking  into a disappearance of a book store owner and there's surprising developments both relating to her search and  with Sam, who is in his wolf form for much of this book.  I was thrilled at the revealing of Zee without the glamour.  Wow!   I loved the intricate plot, the fast pace and  the character development not forgetting the introduction of the Fairy Queen, the blast from Sam's past and the brilliant ending.

Stormy Weather
Stormy Weather
by Carl Hiaasen

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite Hiaasen reads., 19 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Stormy Weather (Paperback)
What a tangled Web is woven by Carl Hiassen in this traumatically wonderfully captivating book, that is indeed "Stormy Weather".  We witness people at their worst, be they armed with a camera, or invested in a scam whilst preying on the unfortunate.  Intricate plot lines guarantee plenty of action as characters' lives clash and entwine. This is a story that pulls no punches as the sheer horror and humorous events unfold until justice, or some weird form of justice is served in this larger than life read.

Lucky You
Lucky You
by Carl Hiaasen

5.0 out of 5 stars This is among my Hiaasen favourites. Brilliant!, 19 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Lucky You (Paperback)
On finishing this book I thought to myself Brilliant.  I really enjoyed this witty entertaining read with its larger than life characters and zany townsfolk.   This s a tale of greed, deception, scheming racists and kidnappers all tied together with the owners of the two winning lottery tickets.
I love that Grange, Florida is a small town with its very own lottery winner and an abundance of religious entrepreneurs, least of all displaying the weeping statue of the virgin Mary alongside turtle boy.  Lovers of Hiaasen will be thrilled with this strangely enchanting read.

Official Star Wars Force Awakens First Order Sublimation Boy's T-Shirt (11-12 Years)
Offered by Noisy Sauce UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I would highly recommend., 17 Jun. 2016
Light weight tshirt. I would highly recommend.

330x100 (4.00x5) Grey Block Foam Filled Solid Mobility Scooter Tyre
330x100 (4.00x5) Grey Block Foam Filled Solid Mobility Scooter Tyre
Offered by Lifelight Mobility

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had changed to these tyres sooner, 17 Jun. 2016
I bought these in grey as the black was an additional £20.00 for 4. I paid £180.00 for the peace of mind that these tyres gve. No more flat tyres woohoo. I am a very pleased customer. Fitting these to my pro-rider road king mobility scooter was not without it's challenges. Aided with a rather large F clamp, my family removed the so called puncture proof tyres and replaced them with these solid tyres. I had been advised by the gentleman who would constantly replace my old tyres, inner tubes etc that changing to solid tyres would make my journeys less smooth. This is most definately not the case. I also find my battery retains more charge.

Boy's OFFICIAL 2016 Star Wars - The Clone Wars Darth Vader Jedi Yoda Short Sleeve T-Shirt - Ages 5-12 Years (Size 12 - 11-12 Years, Blue)
Offered by Folazack

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Jun. 2016
Good quality tshirt. Definitely would recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17